NOC details in oman

Iam staff working in a clinic in Oman wher I gets no leav slary  no ticket for vacation also if I renew visa I should take visa money also..for this purpose iam planning not to renew visa..but Sponser not giving NOC..is there any legal possibility of getting NOC because of this pathetic condition..

Even I need a clarity for the above topic. Whether we can pressure the company to provide the NOC after the completion of two year agreement. Expecting experts reply. Thank you

in UAE IF you finish one year for doctors and engineers and 2 years for others you can go to any company with your NOC and no one can stop you but you should till your old company before leaving them by 3 months.Hope to find the same  in Oman . thanks

Is there any chance to extend nursing prometric licences if not planning to work for 1 year and later works...

Priyanka ragheesh wrote:

Iam staff working in a clinic in Oman wher I gets no leav slary  no ticket for vacation also if I renew visa I should take visa money also..for this purpose iam planning not to renew visa..but Sponser not giving NOC..is there any legal possibility of getting NOC because of this pathetic condition..

Hi Priyanka ragheesh,

You have a strong case going for you, if whatever you have mentioned is indeed correct.

You should take the effort to immediately meet with the Indian Embassy officials and begin the process of filing a court case against your employer. What your employer is doing to you is a gross violation against the Labour laws of the Sultanate, and your employer will be fined and they would get into serious trouble with the government authorities for not following the rules of the land.

Since I am sure that you would not have been singled out for this kind of an unfair treatment, all affected employees must get together and go and meet with the Indian Embassy officials and discuss about your plight. Let the Indian Embassy officals then advice you on the best course of action.

Anoopoman wrote:

Even I need a clarity for the above topic. Whether we can pressure the company to provide the NOC after the completion of two year agreement. Expecting experts reply. Thank you

Hi Anoopoman,

No employee can force any employer to give any employee an NOC.

It is entirely the employer's prerogative and at their discretion an NOC can or cannot be given.

No employer would part with an NOC unless they are winding up, for the simple reason that once an NOC is granted to an employee, the company would lose that job clearance for good. They would then always be one less in the allotted quota of expat employees they can hire. And that position which was gifted away can only be filled by a local.

The second biggest reason why no company would grant an NOC to any of its employees is becuase, if the employee is free to join another company in the same country, he / she may well go and join their direct competitor, which is something no company would want for obvious reasons.

Dear Sumitran,
Going by your last post it seems that it is practically not possible for any one working in Oman to get the NOC even on completion of his visa/ employment period. In that case he/ she is left with only 2 choice - either continue with the same company or to have a cooling off period of 2 years in their respective country. Is there no way out of this if in case any one gets other employment opportunity in Oman or any other Gulf country?

shashank.s wrote:

Dear Sumitran,
Going by your last post it seems that it is practically not possible for any one working in Oman to get the NOC even on completion of his visa/ employment period. In that case he/ she is left with only 2 choice - either continue with the same company or to have a cooling off period of 2 years in their respective country. Is there no way out of this if in case any one gets other employment opportunity in Oman or any other Gulf country?

Hi shashank.s,

The NOC is required only if the expatriate is seeking reemployment within Oman.

An NOC is not a mandatory requirement if one wishes to join elsewhere in the region.

hi priyanka

Just ask your sponsor in a good way and properly tht u will pay him for visa expenses and     u will not work here in muscat. But u will work in salalah . So sir please provide me NOC for me .Otherwise thr is other ways to get noc from him . But tht will be time and money spending.
contect me for more details will guide you and suggest u good lawyer too .
Rajesh usa