Cell Phones

I am moving to KC in a few months for work, and wondering if any of you can tell me about the Cell Phone Services and plans available there. I would need an iPhone. Can any one give me reviews of the 3 major carriers, and about what they are paying a month for their smartphone plans (and whats included in that plan)?

Thanks so much,
R

you can do the legwork yourself and reap the rewards of your own review :)www.zain.com.kwwww.ooredoo.com.kwwww.viva.com.kw

ooredoo is the oldest, recently renamed from Wataniya.
Zain is second.
Viva is the newest; good offers but bad coverage.

Thanks.. This is more what I was looking for, I googled so I knew the big 3, but i wanted to hear real first hand reviews from people that use them. Maybe something along the lines of "I have an iPhone 5 on Ooredoo, i pay around 40KD/month and my coverage is excellent, internet speeds are really fast and I am really happy" or something like "I made the mistake of using VIVA and man its been awful. I lose connection all the time, they cap my internet after 3GB", something more first hand like that to give me a little guidance so when I get there I know what I am getting into.

Thanks

as I said - Viva coverage is not as good as the rest given that it is the newest of the 3; however they have the best packages, so to speak.

knowing people's problems wont help you make your decision, as your decision would be based on coverage and charge (plus everyone has problems with their providers, if you start getting complaints on all 3 what would you do? :P)

so right now, being outside Kuwait, your best bet would be to find the one with the best package for you; meaning it provides you with the phone you want and the price is within your budget range, correct?

personally i would never opt to pay anything above 9KD a month for a package, since I have DSL at home and pretty much almost all public places have it too.

you will find however, upon arrival, that maybe your company has a corporate rate with one provider, and that option is always better. i am on a corporate rate dating back to my second company that i worked for (currently on my 4th), i pay my bills on time, i get their rates/packages.

so, start by figuring out what you want, which phone etc. check the 3 providers, see who has the best offer to provide that device and go for it. and dont forget to ask your company whether or not they have corporate deals with any service providers.