Red light violation

Hi all

Please help me...I am living in oman...yesterday I was waiting in the Ghubra lulu signal proceeding towards 18 november street...i stopped my car perfectly before the stop line when it turned red...after few secs I mistakenly moved my car a little front of the white line and realised my mistake and stopped immediately...then I reversed back my vehicle within the white line...is it an offence??...will I be fined or may i have to face any legal action?...please help me...

Hi 1karthika2,

Is someone overreacting here ?!?

What you have done is also done by scores others ever day. No, what you did was not an offence.

If you had jumped the red light and had gone ahead, then it would have been a serious offence.

For your action, there is absolutely nothing for you to worry about, or panic.

Relax and drive more carefully from now on !

@Sumitran

Thanks a lot for your reply...but actually I was not over reacting...i mean i misunderstood the signal given to the other cars and moved my vehicle front and came back...but it was just about a meter or little more from the white line...thats why I was so worried about that...

Don't worry if nothing happens :)

When you leave the country, at the airport probably, at the final passport and resident card check, you'll be liable to receive a fine. You have to pay immediately and there is no possibility to negotiate.

If you refuse to pay you'll be taken to a police holding cell to wait for an appearance before a judge. The waiting time is around one month. You can't leave the holding cell.

The most I paid so far is around 50 rial.  :whistle:

I dont think so.take it easy and next time once you see a traffic light green ahead dont speed up keep ur eyes open. if  the green light blinks when u r few meters away go on and u will pass safely but if it blinks say 50 meters before the cross road then u will have enough time to slow and stop within the drawn lines.NB one should always leave a distance between the car and the one ahead otherwise it will be embarrssing and risky

Hello Sumitran & Friends

Great contribution. Thank you.

I crossed the signal when it was green and half way through  the other moving vehicles stopped in front of me. After some waiting the traffic signal turned red and  the camera clicked :((

Not sure if this will be an issue?

Pl advise.

It is a bit difficult to grasp how you crossing at green light at a speed (usually) not less 50 K/h and were able to stop behind another car which also did the same ; it is good that you did not crash and by the way what happened to the cars driving behind you

You did not explain if the front driver took off and bypassed the camera or not;If the camera clicked only once when the front driver was still there then he gets a ticket ,if  twice then most probably you and the driver ahead of you will get tickets.

My view : In case you are sure that it was the front car responsibility just write to the police describing exactly what happened with some details that you believe will support your argument , why because the police might call you and ask some questions like what did you do in the time lapses when the front driver stopped ahead of you  (the light was green) and then yellow light started blinkin

Thank you sir for the response .  We were waiting and the traffic signal turned green and about 3 stationary vehicles moved forward ahead of me , I was the 4th and while the ist two crossed the signal safely,  the third vehicle in front of me  stopped due to traffic jam ahead of us although the signal was green.  I got stuck behind him.  There was about 30 sec wait after crossing the line while the signal was still green. And then the signal turned red and the camera clicked twice. There was one other driver behind me who crossed the signal  and got stuck ,but I did not see the camera click the 3rd time. I guess the two clicks was for the driver ahead of me and for me.

Can I proactively meet the ROP and submit a letter of appeal. Truly appreciate your time on this.
Regards

Yeah I agree that you report to the police immediately . Gd luck.

@1karthika2

ignoting red light at 1st time will impact signing pledge at ROP and paying 50 omr fine.

2nd time you will be jailed 48 hours.

ROP will show you footage of CCTV to acknowledge your violation

this has happened to me personally.

Thanks

Hello @Superboo, please note that this thread is from 2015. The OP has long resolved her issue.

Thanks

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thanks for the note. Thought I was new Post.

cheers