Dependent VISA

my wife has applied for Belgium VISA at VFS Chennai - the application has been sent to Belgium now. Still no update on DOFI website :(

Its been 2 weeks - i can update you guys when my wife gets her VISA approved !

Cheers

Thanks a lot Aneesh.
I am in Antwerp now. So I guess I have no choice but to wait and pray and wait....

Hi Aneesh,

Does my wife need to submit the original payslips also along with the Visa application?

Thank you for the insights you provide in this forum.

Regards,
Swamy

If she is applying as your dependent, I dont think she must submit her payslips. Your earnings in Belgium is what they are interested in,.

Hi Aneesh,
Sorry for my vague question in the earlier post.
I meant does she need to submit original payslips, of my salary in belgium?

Thanks,
Swamy

No problem..  Photocopies are fine normally

Hi All,

Can we track the Visa status/approval on the VFS website? What will the message read on the VFS website when the Visa is approved?

Thanks & Regards,
Swamy

If the file is sent to Belgium, DOFI website (link mentioned many a time in this and several other threads) will show the status.

How long does DOFI take to update this info on their website ? Visa documents for my wife were sent to Belgium on 19th June and DOFI still has no update on their website :(

Hello All,

I just saw the status update on DOFI website that the document is being processed. I called my relocation agent and she got in touch with the ministry and the VISA for my wife has been APPROVED. So application date: 12th June - Approved on 7th July. I guess need to wait for a call from Consulate in India to collect passport with VISA stamp. Anyone knows how many days this takes ?

Max a week. The approval is sent online to Consulate in Mumbai, and they stamp the passport mostly the same day or next. Keep checking VFS page :)

And glad about the approval ! :)

Alrighty !!
Kudos to you and this forum. Has been really helpful ! Wish to share my experiences to others in need.

Cheers

Congrats Tubeloid!!!

I applied for my D (spouse) visa on the 16th June, it went to Belgium on 19th and the file status showed as progressing on 9th July in Delhi.

I have an Indian passport, my husband is Dutch. I had to submit a lot less paperwork. But I must say the Belgium Embassy has been the least helpful EU Embassy I have faced so far - to the point of being outright rude. As if they were giving a poor Indian Leonardo DiCaprio a ticket to Belgian Titanic :D

Now their website is even missing proper paperwork guidance on long term visa application (yes, it directs you to the DOFI website for paperwork, but the information there is hardly complete as I found out through my own experience). It is also quite an opaque visa process where the files disappear and become non-traceable while in transit, and officers don't have any answerability.

I've had the German D visa too which follows the exact same process, except every step is crystal clear and all immigration offices are very willing to help. My Schengen visa was approved in 2 hours from the Dutch Embassy and the ladies there were very professional and polite. So this condescending attitude that the representatives at the Belgian Embassy showed was unique to them.

Sigh, I guess I am really sad to be separated from my husband for too long! When I am in Belgium, I would love to have some Indian friends :) My husband is already doing a great job at that :) I didn't know there were so many Indians in Belgium :)

DEPENDENT VISA

Hi,

I applied family visa along with my WP in India but embassy gave visa to me and my dependents visa was kept on hold.
When I contacted the consulate they informed me that my wife visa got refused in 2013 and they want to send it to Belgium for the approval. Is it normal even though I had all my documents correct and applied together after 2 years still the process will go to Belgium immigration?Is there any way to expidite the process?
They didn't gave any refusal letter in 2013 too. Kindly suggest.Thanks

Thanks and  Regards
Ranjith Rupireddy

Hi ranjith

Please reply when ever your wife receive the visa from belgium because im also in the same situation.

Thanks
Prashant

Hi ranjith

Please let me know that last time your wife has applied which category of visa.

Was that dependant visa or short term visa c?

Hi,
I applied for my dependent visa on 28th july in mumbai and they have sent my application to belgium for further assessment. In DOFI website the status shows processing and the Date visa application of registration by the Office for Foreigners: 27 Aug 2015

The other info provided is
------------------------------
Extra info1: When a folder is still being processed or if it is not treated because in pending visa documents supporting the request sent by diplomatic bag, the date indicated is the date of registration of the application for visa by the Immigration Department.
Extra info2: The decision is normally sent on the day it is taken. A delay of a few days can, however, elapse before it is actually received by the diplomatic or consular post.
-------------------------------

Any suggestion for processing time depending on the above info?
In one of the post they said when they saw status processing the relocation agent spoke to the ministry
and visa got approved. how is it possible please let us know?
Please suggest....

Hello Swamy,

I am Subramanyam, working as a Postdoctoral Fellow for Ghent University, Belgium. I started working here since January 2015. Now I would like to bring my wife on family reunion/dependent/spouse visa. What are the necessary documents we should submit while applying for visa. How many months will it take to get the visa. Since you applied recently, you must be having the idea of the time frame. As a proof of accommodation, will it be possible to submit my house rental contract copy. Any police official visit my house before issuing visa to my wife. It may be noted that, when I rented the house already police fellow visited my house.

Thanks in adavnace

rupireddy wrote:

DEPENDENT VISA

Hi,

I applied family visa along with my WP in India but embassy gave visa to me and my dependents visa was kept on hold.
When I contacted the consulate they informed me that my wife visa got refused in 2013 and they want to send it to Belgium for the approval. Is it normal even though I had all my documents correct and applied together after 2 years still the process will go to Belgium immigration?Is there any way to expidite the process?
They didn't gave any refusal letter in 2013 too. Kindly suggest.Thanks

Thanks and  Regards
Ranjith Rupireddy

Updating the thread:

If there is a previous history of rejection, it is normal for them to send the application to Belgium for decision making.

There is no way to expedite the file process, unless you convince the consulate that there is a genuine need for your spouse to be in Belgium soon (for example a course that she is going to start and the university can give you a letter stating the need for her to be here, etc).

Regards
Aneesh

prasamshika2 wrote:

Hello Swamy,

I am Subramanyam, working as a Postdoctoral Fellow for Ghent University, Belgium. I started working here since January 2015. Now I would like to bring my wife on family reunion/dependent/spouse visa. What are the necessary documents we should submit while applying for visa. How many months will it take to get the visa. Since you applied recently, you must be having the idea of the time frame. As a proof of accommodation, will it be possible to submit my house rental contract copy. Any police official visit my house before issuing visa to my wife. It may be noted that, when I rented the house already police fellow visited my house.

Thanks in adavnace

-> www.vfs-be-in.com has the list of all required documents.
-> As proof of accommodation, you can submit your house rental contract. Make sure it is registered with competent authorities.
-> Currently the turn around time for family re-union is 4-5 months.

Hello Aneeshks,

Yes, I registered my apartment rental contact from Registers office, Ghent. But in the rental contract, only my name is included but not my wife name. Will it be any problem for not including my wife name.

Already my wife submitted visa application along with all necessary documents including rental contract also. Any police official will come and check my house before issuing the Visa. I am planning to change my house in the next month. If no police come and check my house, its well and good or if any police will come and check, what shall I do. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Subramanyam

It is  not a good idea to change the apartment while the application is being processed.

Hello,

Recently any Indians got Belgium Family reunion or dependent visa to your wife. At present how many days they are taking to issue the dependent visa.

We submitted the visa application in VFS, Bangalore on September 22nd and it reached Belgium on October 13. Still the status in Dofi website is "En traitement". Still how many days it will take to change the status and to know the final decision.

Thanks in advance
Subramanyam

Normally it takes about 3 months. So by Jan 13 you should get it.

have you processed dependent visa recently?

Also, decisions were kept on hold due to the raised threat level in Belgium in the previous weeks. So do expect some delay. Overall turnaround time otherwise is > 3 months (even 5 months in some cases I know).

Recently my wife visa is sanctioned. It tool almost 3.5 months.

Hi Tubeloid
Could you please  let me know  the details how your relocation agent help you to process the visa faster.

Thanks
Kumar

Hi Aneesh,

The birth certificate and marriage certificate are official documents issued by the governement right? So why not we use a document which is older than 6 months? We could obviously get it apostilised by MEA...when they say not older than 6 months, do they mean ths apostiling date or is it really the document date itself?

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the dependent status. I am the wife of an non-Eu resident working in Belgium and he recently acquired the EU Permanent Resident status. Based on this ID he does not require to have a work permit to work in Belgium.
I live with him in Belgium and now I will prolong my ID card based on his stay.
The question is: Will I still need a work permit from my employee? I have been searching for some information but there is no clear info about it anywhere.
Please let me know if somebody has any info.

Thank you

When you get "EU Permanent Resident status", you dont need work permit anymore. Till then, you need a work permit.

Aneeshks thanks for the prompt reply.
In this case what work permit would I need? Can I apply myself for a Type C work permit? Since I am going to have a 1 year Permit based on my husbands stay (I myself still do not fulfill the conditions for EU Permanent Resident, like my husband).

Thanks for the advice.

Work permit C is for individuals meeting some special criteria (students, asylum seekers). With your status as a dependant to a PR holder, I dont think you can apply for a work permit C.

<Added later> Correction on Work permit C: https://www.werk.be/en/work-permits/wor … -procedure    (Flanders site)

There is a revised list of criteria. Approval is on case to case basis. it is the best to check this directly with the department of Economic Migration . </Added later>

You can see all work permit types here:  https://www.werk.be/en/work-permits/wor … s-eligiblehttp://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en_US/work-permits

The other type B is when the employer sponsors a work permit for you.

Work permit A can be applied only after being employed in work permit A for at least 4 years.

Another option is the professional card, for selected type of qualifications and skills: http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … -etrangers

Hi Aneeshks,
Finally ,My family got the visa (D type )in 31oct2017 which is valid up to 15 Jan2018.
My work permit is going to end in DEC2017.However my company is going to extend this ,now my query how I can extend the visa or residence permit for my family.

Note:-My family will be in Belgium in after 15 Nov,then only I can apply for their residence permit.

Thanks in Advance.

When your fAmily arrives here, you will have to take them to the local townhall (commune) and request inscription. The commune officers will suggest if you have to wait for your work permit and residence permit approval in order to proceed with their inscription or not. In any case your families residence permit renewal is always depending on yours.

thanks alot

Hello all.whats the difference between  dependant visa and family reunion visa?

Both are the same.

Hello everyone,
                        Any updates those applied in april?😑