Remuneration Statements

Hi all,

According to my wife's employer, remuneration statements (pay stubs) are not provided in Kuwait and I can't find an employer's obligation to provide such in the labor laws anywhere. Is this not a pretty basic request that should be accommodated anywhere? What are your experiences in this area? Thanks

"Renumeration statement" -is this the payslip? , we have that in our company. We received it 1 week after we got our salary .

Thanks for reply! Yes, I am referring to the pay slip, pay stub, remuneration statement, whatever one might refer to the record (of payment, sick days, holiday pay, days worked, deductions if any) as. The employer is insisting that nothing will be provided even though she is requesting it. So I looked through the labor laws and saw only mention of this statement being sent to the ministry. This is absurd. How can an employer not provide this? I don't believe it should take a letter to the Ministry in complaint of employer refusal to remedy this.

It is not payslip actually.
It is salary certificate

Dear wiilrock612,

Every company and organization provides pay slip / Salary slip and it depends upon the company i.e. many organization distribute the pay slip, every month after the salary is paid to employee and many organization give when any employee ask for it.

If in case you don't receive any pay slip, you can also ask for Salary certificate (Total Gross salary with break up will be mentioned on it) or Salary statement (Full detail of income and deduction will be mentioned)

Thx
NIL

Hi,

IMHO

it is a pretty basic request. Nonetheless, it is dependent on the company she works for.

My advise, which I try to follow, is to take a salary statement every 4-6 months with the details. This plus the regular transfers to the bank is proof of salary payment.

Unless you are looking for the payslip for a particular purpose.

Cheers