How much should I be paid in Pesos?

So, I have a chance of a job in Buenos Aires. It would be an entry level job at a strategic consulting firm, an industry where salaries are generally quite high.

Because of the economic situation, and salary is in Pesos so savings are not really an option, and because I would mainly take it for a few years to then upgrade to another place in Europe or the US, I would probably only take the job for a few years.

That is why I have the following question: What would be a salary that I can live on quite comfortably in Buenos Aires, including rent, utilities, internet (in Pesos, I hav eno idea how that will work yet, I guess my employer has to be the guarantor somehow) and insurance, be in Pesos? What should I expect and ask for?

SadandLonely wrote:

So, I have a chance of a job in Buenos Aires. It would be an entry level job at a strategic consulting firm, an industry where salaries are generally quite high.

Because of the economic situation, and salary is in Pesos so savings are not really an option, and because I would mainly take it for a few years to then upgrade to another place in Europe or the US, I would probably only take the job for a few years.

That is why I have the following question: What would be a salary that I can live on quite comfortably in Buenos Aires, including rent, utilities, internet (in Pesos, I hav eno idea how that will work yet, I guess my employer has to be the guarantor somehow) and insurance, be in Pesos? What should I expect and ask for?

Hi All

Please help answer this question as I am facing a similar situation.

Thanks again!

5-6k is ground level. It's easily livable too, for some.

I'd say the standard salary for a foreigner would be about 8,000-9,000 pesos/month.
Depending on your standard of living, you can survive off of about 5,000-6,000 pesos per month.

You will nedd more or less 10000 pesos to live confortable. But Argentina and particullary BsAs is very dangerous at this moment, so I recomend you to chose other place
Good luck!

minimum 10,000 pesos in hand, and this is for home rent and costs plus the daily living.
You can manage with 6 or 7, if you want to live in a studio and keep costs simple.
You are saying they are willing to pay good, thus I suggested only the minimum.

What specific jobs would be available paying that rate in Rosario?

gwashington62 wrote:

What specific jobs would be available paying that rate in Rosario?

You have posted on an old inactive thread and will probably not get a reply.... :( 

Feel free to open a new thread.