Exit clearance

someone know what is exit clearance? when i need to take exit clearance and where i can take it? how much is it?

Not sure what type of visa you have. Here is a link to the exact page on the Philippine government we site to answer tour question.  Quick response 72 hours prior valid for 1 month from date

Do no change spelling.

immigration.gov.ph/faqs/emigration-clearance-certificate-ecc

the fee is 1200 peso's, you will need 6 photo's, a copy of your plane ticket, your passport  and the application filled out, here is the link
http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FO … 20Form.pdf
At least that what is was in the Cagayan De Oro office

The Philippines Bureau of Immigration (BI) has stated that the following are needed to get an ECC – Exit Clearance Certificate (also called Emigration Clearance Certificate)

Completed application forms. (They supply numerous forms for you to fill in !!)
6 pcs. colored photo (size 2×2 ) white background. (NOTE: SIX were needed, not the FIVE that web sites say.
Photocopy of passport (3 Pages: biopage, latest arrival stamp and last visa extension stamp).
Photo of both sides of Alien Certicate of Registration ACR card.
Photocopy AND Original of the Receipt for payment of last visa extension fees.
A personal appearance is required for fingerprinting, both electronic scanning and manual ink, and photograph.
http://www.in-philippines.com/requireme … rtificate/

Mine, the ACC-A, cost 500 pesos last November. It was done in 24 hours.
Some people appear to pay 1,200 for this one.

Another person getting the ECC-B was quoted 2,850 pesos.

madhatter868 wrote:

the fee is 1200 peso's, you will need 6 photo's, a copy of your plane ticket, your passport  and the application filled out, here is the link
http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FO … 20Form.pdf
At least that what is was in the Cagayan De Oro office

Some offices are obviously different, as I got my ECC before I booked my flight, therefore I had no plane ticket at the time.

The BoI do now say that the Cost is either 1,210 pesos or 500 pesos depending on if you paid an ECC Fee with your First Temporary Visitor's Visa extension. (I am assuming that I did)

exit clearance now has to be made after 3 years on Philippine visa: You can get a visa for six months, so 5X6 month to leave the Philippines for a round trip either Hong Kong or kinabalu.
The clearance is done either in Manila (3-day delay) is in Cebu (3 hours). It's almost free, if I remember correctly (gender prices pictures etc)

grizzly56 wrote:

exit clearance now has to be made after 3 years on Philippine visa: You can get a visa for six months, so 5X6 month to leave the Philippines for a round trip either Hong Kong or kinabalu.
The clearance is done either in Manila (3-day delay) is in Cebu (3 hours). It's almost free, if I remember correctly (gender prices pictures etc)

Unless it has changed again, recently, it is a 6 month stay or more, and you need the ECC

The following foreign nationals must secure an ECC-A prior to their departure:
Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;

To begin with, in 2014, it was only available at Manila, but then they added Cebu and Davao.  Now they are available at 17 offices, including the Main Intramuros office, Batangas, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Clark, Legazpi, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Davao, SM North Edsa, Sta. Rosa ...

According to the Philippines BoI, foreign nationals who failed to present their ECCs comprised 33% of travelers who were denied departure from the country.

ABCDiamond wrote:
grizzly56 wrote:

Unless it has changed again, recently, it is a 6 month stay or more, and you need the ECC

The following foreign nationals must secure an ECC-A prior to their departure:
Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;

To begin with, in 2014, it was only available at Manila, but then they added Cebu and Davao.  Now they are available at 17 offices, including the Main Intramuros office, Batangas, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Clark, Legazpi, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Davao, SM North Edsa, Sta. Rosa ...

According to the Philippines BoI, foreign nationals who failed to present their ECCs comprised 33% of travelers who were denied departure from the country.

Also if you are a permanent ACR card holder it can be done at the airport...Your ACR card is basically your ECC...

vetretreat wrote:

Also if you are a permanent ACR card holder it can be done at the airport...Your ACR card is basically your ECC...

That gets the ECC-B version, and the Tourist ACR card is not the permanent ACR card.  This has also confused some who have been told that an ACR card holder doesn't need to get it.

There is a move to allow SOME Tourist ACR card holders to do the ECC-A at the airport, but I feel that may lead to more people not being allowed to leave, as they find they aren't in the group that can get it at the airport.

ABCDiamond wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

That gets the ECC-B version, and the Tourist ACR card is not the permanent ACR card.  This has also confused some who have been told that an ACR card holder doesn't need to get it.

There is a move to allow SOME Tourist ACR card holders to do the ECC-A at the airport, but I feel that may lead to more people not being allowed to leave, as they find they aren't in the group that can get it at the airport.

That's true...i had problems when i was leaving. Had to re-book flight and had to wait for almost 4 days for approval. I remember being tossed from one window to the other at the immigration. It  was very stressing and a big headache. giovannigio  I suggest you do yours 2 weeks pro to your flight.

In the Cagayan De Oro office, you only can process your Exit Clearance 7 day days prior to departure, I have found the rules and regulations, including fees change from office to office. One thing remains constant, without it, you ain't leaving!!

thanks i will go cebu to get it 2 week before, i think it is better

vetretreat wrote:

Nope it's not.  Your ACR card is needed to acquire an EEC. If you have your latest annual reporting receipt, the whole thing is expedited. Just did mine at terminal 2 in Manila. No forms to fill, no muss no fuss. Took 5 minutes. P2170.

Again, you will need your passport, ACR card and latest Annual report receipt.You don't need to show an air ticket. At the airport or anywhere.

Hi Sir if you have been in the Philippines longer than 59 days you have to get an exit clearance certificate from immigration, I'm not sure of the cost but it is not very expensive it's to make sure you have not got anything against you

What I really want to do is get a balikbayan visa or dual citizenship.  Not sure if i can get away with it.   
   This my my situation:   I was born in Manila and my birth certificate shows me and both my parents as Filipino citizens...but a few years later, my father was granted U.S. citizenship on account of his father being a U.S. citizen born in the U.S.  My father subsequently registered me (and some of my siblings) at the U.S. Embassy in Manila and that's how I became a U.S. citizen.  Before I turned 18, armed with a U.S passport I left the Philippines for California.
    Problem I have is the Philippine immigration insists that I produce naturalization papers that proves I was "naturalized" as a U.S. citizen.  I was not naturalized and I don't know all the technicalities on how I became a U.S citizen without ever having previously resided in the U.S.   I was already a U.S. citizen  before I even left the Philippines!   There's no problem proving I was a Filipino citizen at birth...and for 10 years thereafter.  But the Philippine Immigration insists that I must have been naturalized a U.S. citizen at some point.   
   My sister had the same problem when she applied for dual citizenship.  After she insisted that she had no idea how she became a U.S. citizen the Philippine Consulate officials in San Francisco finally gave in and granted her dual citizenship and a Philippine passport.   She was lucky. 
   This is the same requirement for Balikbayan visa.   One has to prove former Filipino citizenship, in my case, my birth certificate.  Then prove that I was naturalized a U.S. citizen.   I am a U.S. citizen....have a valid U.S. passport, but no naturalization papers.   
     I just wonder if someone out there had experienced dealing with similar situation I am going through?  I have already done all the research and inquiries through the Philippine consulates in Los Angeles, San Francisco and most recently the office in Vancouver, BC.
Yet, people I know, my sister and two of my cousins with exactly the same circumstances, somehow succeeded in getting their dual citizenship.

maddletalk I think u got ripped off,  or you used a fixer early this year i paid p 500, last week my friend also paid p500,for exit visa, when i arrived at airport immi told me i could have paid  p500 exit visa at airport as i was over 6 months but less than 1 year

Depends on visa and how long you have been in the Philippines, I am here in the USA on vacation I have permanent visa 13A I did not have to go to immigration for an exit clearance I got that at the airport at immigration, paid exit tax p1200, paid I think p250 from Davao to Cebu there immigration fee p2880 your passport is stamped good for one year from time you leave untill return no return ticket needed paid  p750 from Cebu travel tax to LAX

thanks, so with 13A visa i non need buy return ticket?

Right you will get stamp on your passport you can stay for one year and not loose your visa, there are also other ways of leaving on a 13A but the fees are different one is if you are living and will not return check with immigration

thanks, i marry just 3 weeks ago with a turist visa, now i want change but i don't know how to start and what is right to do.

in manila its p500 if you pay more u must be using fixers, dont rely on paying at the airport
i heard they may stop that at any time soon,