Job Offer Need help if it's good enough to move to KSA

What are you asking specifically?/if double your salary is good enough to take the offer? Do you really need someone else to confirm it!!?

Hello Rareshine,

My doubts is that am I paid according to Saudi standards for a 5 year exp Senior Software Engineer?

Does coming on business visa earlier and gradually getting the iqama will have any impact on me, say business visa will not have all the facilities as that of iqama holder correct? So untill I get iqama what all things that I need to be taken care off.

Salary would be around 12000 to 13000 SAR per month + accommodation and local travel taken care by the employer. So if this salary is as per Saudi standards I am happy to move to Jeddah.

Thanks
FlyStar

I can't tell you if that is the going rate, that is not my field. it generally goes by your nationality and then your qualifications. HOwever, you wrote your self, you're doubling your salary, that should be an indication that you are going forward not backwards

business visas do not turn into iqamahs - that means u would have to leave the country and be issued and employment visa that can be turned into an iqamah

Hey Guys,

I am from India, working as Senior Software Engineer in a IT Consultancy company. I have around 5 years of experience in the industry as a ETL developer, working majorly on database and integration, Data Warehousing projects. In India I make around 67k SAR annually.

Now a job opportunity has come to me in which the Dubai based company is offering twice of my Indian salary that is 130k SAR annually plus accommodation and local travel taken care by employer along with medical insurance.

And also initially I will be getting into KSA, Jeddah on business visa say for the period of 6 months till my employer gets me a iqama. Until I get my iqama I have to travel back to India and get the business visa issued again.

So guys do you think the offer is good. It would be around 12000 SAR per month plus accommodation and travel expenses.

I hope to receive some vital suggestions from you people here. Do share your thoughts it might help me in taking my decision.

Thanks
FlyStar.

doubling your salary (in any case) is hard NOT to see positively.  Right off the bat I'd say "Yes.  It looks like a pretty good offer to me."

Are you aware of what the going rate (salary) is for other Indians in the Kingdom with the same or similar qualifications / experience as your good self?

Is there any mention of your family joining you?...flights from the company, etc?

I would pursue this, but only you know what is at stake (in terms of family, etc..) in India.

Get EVERYTHING written down that you accept and agree with.

The business visa (in some ways) can be a blessing, because it gives you the freedom to come and go and finally leave if the company is not keeping its promises.

best of luck

Thanks ReLLeK for answering.

I am not aware of the salary rate for my profession in KSA, I thought someone in the forum could help me here.
By the way I am single and the company would offer me a round trip travel to my home once in a year I guess.

And Yes I will get all the term written in the contract to be on the safer end.

I will wait until someone would confirm the salary rate I have been offered is a decent one to accept.

you posted this same exact question in another post

... and I've moved the other posts in thread and now this thread is not understandable ... well done ! this is what happens when someone posts twice the same question

Look out for payscale and bayt sites for salary as per your field and experience, not by your nationality as mentioned by ReLLek. still no means are there to calculate the salary by your nationality, difficult to believe but it is a reality here in KSA but not in all organizations.
Now a days Google, Microsoft,HCL... Top most IT Multinational's Promoting Indian's as their CEO'S so Dont hesitate to Demand as per your experience in your core field, i have send some details to you in your inbox.

Thanks everyone for the info, it's really helpful.

Apologies for creating a multiple tread, I thought would get some more responses from the expats in KSA and middle east, so I did post in middle east forum too.

Will keep this thread with the following updates from the employer.

Well your salary will heavily depend on your nationality unfortunately. Before you come over to Saudi Id recommend everything is in a very firm contract and know that if your company isnt legit you will have no legal rights once here without an Iqama regardless of what they tell you from India. There are many a foreigner Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc.stuck here for one reason or another because they didn't do things legit here and now have no recourse against their employers, so it really depends on how honest your company to be is. I personally don't come over here for any contract until I have spoken with someone for my country and asked at length every possible thing I can about the situation. Even then I usually miss a few things, but have at least gotten a pretty honest lowdown. That's my suggestion. I would say that being based out of Jeddah versus some of the other places you could be is nice.

I would suggest, go through the forum extensively. These subjects have been discussed zillion times. And after that if u have some specific doubts/queries, just shoot them here. I'm sure there are amazing people on the forum to help you !!

Good luck :)