Money transfers to the US

I need to send money to my daughter every month in the US.  I don't have a bank account in the US just in Morocco.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

what about western union? you should ask for a special permission to be able to send money out of morocco but for closest family you might get it without any problems.

Thank you, Gabriella.  I will go to WU and ask then what is necessary.

WU won't work becaus eof the change control policy in Morocco... The only way is either to have an invoice/document showing where and why you send the money, or to have a convertible dirhams bank account (or a bank account in foreign currency).

In your specific case, you should get in touch with your moroccan bank so as they get in touch with the moroccan Office des Changes (nearly closed during ramadan..) so as you may beneficiate from an exemption in the normally applicable rules.

If the reason is for her studies, you can use Western Union. The only place you can use Western Union to send money abroad is at Morocco Post. So you set up a file with all documentations at your preferred branch and then you can strat transacting.

hope it helps.

For such a reason, and with all the requested documentation, you can send money from anywhere in Morocco and not only WU... It might be cheaper to send through a wire transfer...

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.  Now I have something to work with.

Another option is to find someone here in Morocco who has a PayPal account. Moroccans cannot open PayPal accounts because of the issue of sending dirhams out of the country, but many Moroccans have found ways around that--especially those who have dual citizenship or family in France. You could give them cash in dirhams and have them transfer Euros or USD to your daughter. It would be free and you don't have to pay for all of the WU fees.

Option #2 is for your daughter to include you as a second party on her bank account. Not sure if you have to do that in person, though. :/

Paypal is now available in Morocco ;)

Paypal, mmmh, I like that idea.  I'll ask my husband to see into that.  thanks.

HTA ANA BAGHI NSAYFT L FLOSS L WALIDIYA  FL MAGHRIB . AND MN AMERICA. HOWA LI"TI L FLOSS L WALIDIYA  FL MAGHRIB/ W ANA N3TI L FLOSS LI CHI WAèD KAY"ARFO HNA F MERICAN/ IDA KONTI INTERISI. SAYFTLI NMRA  DYALK WLA EMAIL

Hello SALIUM.

Seems like you message is a little bit confusing :/

Have you informations to share on this particular subject with us?

Thanks

Karen :)

P.s: please lower capslock while writing on the forum.

Morrocan's CAN have PayPal accounts but they must add money to the account in advance and it can take up to 30 days to show up. Also, there is the exchange rate to be considered.  My husband bought my engagement ring via PayPal ;)

Use Paypal. It's easy and reliable. Cecile.

PayPal does not work in morocco to send money. If you have a PayPal account here you can only receive money in it. You can't even transfer money within Morocco. It's ridiculous.

I see. I have done it, but my paypal account was opened in the US and has dollars in it, and I receive dollars to it.

I do the same. Sometimes if I need to send a lot of money (more than what's in my PayPal) I'll give a big stack of dirhams to someone going to Europe or USA and then have that person Western Union it to the person in America.

RAEzWORLD wrote:

Morrocan's CAN have PayPal accounts but they must add money to the account in advance and it can take up to 30 days to show up. Also, there is the exchange rate to be considered.  My husband bought my engagement ring via PayPal ;)

Did he need the dollars in his account first? If so, this is easy for him as he is married to a foreigner or had links with one who can help him with foreign currency. For the majority of Moroccans, it doesn't work.

You can't even send money out of Morocco via WU (dirhams) unless you get an authorisation from Rabat.

Nothing is easy for him because he's married to a foreigner!

Of course it is. He wants to buy you a ring. You send him/give him dollars and he gives you dirhams back. Then he sends the money for the ring. I assume this is how it happened. Otherwise where does he get the dollars to send to the States? Others are less lucky as they have no prospect of getting the dollars in the first place, so can't send money at all, if needs must.

I hope no one listens to these ramblings.  You clearly have no clue as to how the banks there and PayPal interact. If anyone ELSE has a real question,  private message me.

RAEzWORLD wrote:

I hope no one listens to these ramblings.  You clearly have no clue as to how the banks there and PayPal interact. If anyone ELSE has a real question,  private message me. I will not respond here when my every comment is met with venom!

Can you explain how it works then? I'm a PayPal user and so would be interested to learn.

I do need help please regarding getting money from morocco /casblanca to USA
If there is anyone have same problem
My husband been looking for job for quite long time We have no income at all
My problem now I'm trying to get money from my account but the bank manager said it's not possible So please is it any other way to help??
May be someone I can give Dirhams in morocco and get dollars in USA
      Thank you

As you have seen, the only way to do this is for a person married or engaged to a Moroccan to send them dollars as in the case above for the purchase of an engagement ring. Or to send the money to someone trusted. Moroccans can't, in  general, send money out of the country "just like that". Naturally this is of no help to you as you are, in effect, buying your own present or resending your own money out!

I think it's a lost cause unless you contact the finance ministry in Rabat and get an authorisation. I assume you don't have a convertible account in Morocco? Even if you did, you would normally need hard currency deposits previously to send money out and there is a limit of 4000 Euros a year.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you know someone who is visiting the States, you could give them a small amount to change into dollars for you. There are limits on this too.

Good luck.

I am facing the same unbelievable and unexpected circumstance where I can't figure out how to get funds transferred from Morocco to my bank account in the U.S.  I am in the U.S. and my fiancé is in Morocco (but arriving next week).  He has two accounts in dirhams.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

cant do it

Basically someone traveling outside Morocco has to deposit it. Whether someone physically carries it to USA and deposits it or travels to Europe and Western Unions it to you is your choice. But those are the only options I've used and I've lived here 5 years.

o yeah explain     hahahahaha good one on that

Is that in response to my last comment