Searching for a job outside of UAE

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I am in here, trying to find out, what is best, trying to find a job in UAE. I have posted already some questions and am still struggling as many of you. I am from Switzerland and try anything to move to UAE to be finally together with my GF and daughter, who live for time being away from me in Poland.

I have been already on different Online sites, trying to find a job and also spent already a lot of money, to have my CV re-written and to be on different portals. This morning I also had a telephone interview, where I was told, how to apply and what needs to be done and so on and of course, that would cost me another 500 Dollars.

Reading through the Forum, I did understand, that the best thing is, to come to UAE and to apply for jobs there.
I do see and do understand, that it will be a better way and the chance is higher on such way.

Now I would like to ask you for some support, how I best can prepare myself before I will go to UAE to start searching and applying for a job there. Preferably, I would like to go to Abu Dhabi or Dubai. I work for around 25 Years in IT and am searching for a new challenge as a Team Leader.

What were your experiences and what is the best way to start at ?

My target is, that I will go to UAE (beginning of next year) and try not too lose too much time with things I can prepare now.

Here in Switzerland, it is a little bit easier, cause I have here many jobhunters, which will search for a job for me and as soon as successful and get me a job, it is actually the company paying the jobhunter a fee.

Does something like that exist in UAE ? Are there Jobcenters, I can walk into ? Do you look into the local paper and call them ? Walk into a building and just ask, if there are any jobs available ?

I plan to go to UAE for about 3-4 weeks and would like to use the time to be at job interviews, instead of planning them and therefore would like to ask you, how you would do it, how you did it and what is the best approach.

Any advice will really help me and if you can give me some tips and tell me your experiences, I would be really greatful.

Thank you so much and I wish you all the best and a great week,

Thank you very much and greetings from Switzerland,

Mike

The best way is to come for a visit because the companies are preferring the candidates who are immediately available. You can see lots of adds in newspaper, but  will be disappointed if you are expecting an immediate response. Be patient and try your level best. As a candidate, you can put an add by yourself  so that you can expect some calls from the potential employers. A local contact number is very much essential for job hunt in this country. Keep in mind, all the people who are working in this country were candidates once. Wish you best of luck.

Thanx a lot for your reply...

Hi mike ,
The thing is about being here for job hunt is that in many cases the companies ask for second or third interview , they want the candidates ready for it . The day here is too short ( too much to do in one day ) from companies perspective .
The job centers you talked about do exist for locals only . Yet there are a lot of effective agencies who do head hunting for companies .the IT is a very huge field and salaries vary from 2k AED to 50 AED depending on a lot of factors . So is the approache from one position to another . there is a lot to tell you about this matter . When you are in UAE I will be glad to invite you to some coffe and tell you all that I have in my 30 years experience in this country :)

Aziz

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the public forum.

looking for friends in U.A..E.Am a Tanzanian man in tanzania. mail salaammtafya4 at gimeli dot com

Hey Aziz,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

It is really different to Switzerland. I am trying hard to do the right thing to be able to get a job in UAE but it is difficult, being away so far. Additionally, I hope, that 3 weeks in UAE will help me to find something. Unfortunately, I am not in the position, to be without a job longer then 3 weeks.

I surely will come back to you, regarding your offer and wanted to ask, if there is any further preparation I can do from my side ? And additionally I wanted to ask, which is the most read local newspaper there ?

Are you in Dubai or Abu Dhabi ?

Greetings from Switzerland,

Mike

Mike_from_Switzerland wrote:

Hey Aziz,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

It is really different to Switzerland. I am trying hard to do the right thing to be able to get a job in UAE but it is difficult, being away so far. Additionally, I hope, that 3 weeks in UAE will help me to find something. Unfortunately, I am not in the position, to be without a job longer then 3 weeks.

I surely will come back to you, regarding your offer and wanted to ask, if there is any further preparation I can do from my side ? And additionally I wanted to ask, which is the most read local newspaper there ?

Are you in Dubai or Abu Dhabi ?

Greetings from Switzerland,

Mike

Gulf News is the best.