Indian food in riyadh

is there anyone who provide or supply indian food daily in riyadh?

Hi

Not sure what you mean by the question?

there are a number of eatries suplying Indian Food in Riyadh, especially in the areas of Hara and Baatha.

Malaz Restaurant located on Olaya Road on the right going south from the Khurais Road/Makkah Highway intersection offers food delivery to homes and offices, Indian cuisine, veg and non veg. The foods delicious and extremely cheap. Try getting a seat inside there during lunch and dinner hours... phew tough

Opposite Malaz Resturant is Red Onion they do an indian buffet

Even Indian Summer (Sulaimaniya and Exit 5), Avaz (Tahliya Street), Saffron, Indian Hut (Sulaimaniya) are all good and they also deliver.

I believe there r many ..whats your location anyway?

We live in Exit 7 on Othman Bin Affan Street that leads to Imam University in the North of Riyadh. We usually order Indian food from Indian Summer on Exit 5 which is just abt 3 km away. We used to live in Sulaimaniya buit moved here cos the grandkids attend Manarat International School which is located at Exit 8 across the Alhamra Compound and British School. Its nice and quiet and cool here awayt from the bustle of the big city traffic although peoiple are beginning to move in and massive housing constructions have already been completed. In 5 years thgis will be another Olaya for sure. Rents are also cheaper here although rising swiftly.

TOI Restaurant, Riyadh provides you hygienic and delicious Indian (North and South) food at reasonable rates. The settings are nice and clean, dishes range from delicious biryanis and tandoors to south Indian rice specialities. Earned client reputation for Indian (North and South) delicacies as the best in town. TOI is located in the Batha main street, near the second pedestrian cross - just behind the Mist multi-shop. TOI provides delivery service for groups, parties and Iftar.
Start by calling 0505923330 / 4091333

[email protected]

I will try the Malaz this evening. I have been making some of my own so far but they just never taste as good, even with fresh green chillies thrown in. I have a very shall we say, "basic" one around the corner from where Im staying at the moment near Shola market called the New Taj which is full every time I pass it at night,I had a good chicken chillie curry to take out the other night, the curry came with 2 side veg curries, a huge plate of basmati rice and about 4 or 5 big chapati's, I thought I was going to do a mr creosote afterwards, but luckily they didnt supply the after eight mint with it ! And all this for.......8 Riyals !!!

It's not that I can't "endure" spicy food, just that its not on my favorate list.

I for one am clueless when it comes to asian dishes. Nonz might vouch for that :D

Salman.

There are plenty of different Indian food outlets and  places to eat in riyadh. I happened to come across a complete directory of places. I find that most places are of average standard but they all have a couple of out standing dishes:D I live in jeddah and I know Pakistani cuisine is different in many ways however we all love food so try MARHABA restaurants it is Pakistani cuisine and Im positive you will love it even if you a die hard INDIAN only... give it a try

Oh and here is a cool link with all the indian restaurants in riyadh

http://www.sufrati.com/saudi-arabian-di … /1/10.html

k4khalifa wrote:

is there anyone who provide or supply indian food daily in riyadh?

DELHI RESTARUENT from HARA supplies lunch to the offices. Taste is not that bad and more of a north indian taste. Can PM their number if you want to try out once............ U can call them daily arround 11AM and you will get the lunch within an hour anywhere in RIYADH; or you can talk to them to get the food on a monthly basis.

KHANA KHAZANA from HARA supplies lunch and dinner if ordered daily. They also have a monthly card system for 240 RIYALS 30 meals..................

you finsding a difficulty of finding Indian food in riyadh?? WOW!
Doesnt say much about yourself! :)

Too many places.. just about every area in Riyadh has its own Indian joint.

any list of pakistani restaurants???

RedGoblin wrote:

yeah i find these indian food places every places ....their food is good but i still dont like kerala food :(

South Indian food can be over whelming for first timers..
hey but too each his / her own.

RedGoblin wrote:

South Indian food can be over whelming for first timers..
hey but too each his / her own.

Amen

salmanthetauras wrote:

Feeling left out?  I am sure they have good/excellent pakistani rest's here.  Lot's of you here.  Just research some more.  Good eating.

salmanthetauras wrote:

Have not tried many pakistani restaurants in riyadh, but we went to Lahori Khabay, in HARA 2 weeks back with some of my asian friends and food was good. One of my pakistani friend have pointed me to this link when asked. daleeli.com/category/restaur … fX18gX18=/

RedGoblin wrote:

Some times we tend to overreact to the posts without understanding what is being asked exactly.

The original post was looking for restaurents who can home deliver the food daily. here is the Question again "is there anyone who provide or supply indian food daily in riyadh?"

this doesnt necessarily mean that he is having difficulty of finding Indian food in riyadh :):cool::cool:

Johnny English wrote:

I will try the Malaz this evening. I have been making some of my own so far but they just never taste as good, even with fresh green chillies thrown in. I have a very shall we say, "basic" one around the corner from where Im staying at the moment near Shola market called the New Taj which is full every time I pass it at night,I had a good chicken chillie curry to take out the other night, the curry came with 2 side veg curries, a huge plate of basmati rice and about 4 or 5 big chapati's, I thought I was going to do a mr creosote afterwards, but luckily they didnt supply the after eight mint with it ! And all this for.......8 Riyals !!!

Now you know why the Yanks are outsourcing in India? They say even a McDonald drive in request is serviced from Madras....

Malaz, Crab curry, is scintillatingly hottttttttt!

@UVNP: whoops my bad! :D:D

nonz wrote:
RedGoblin wrote:

yeah i find these indian food places every places ....their food is good but i still dont like kerala food :(

I agree too many places but I guess the best of the lot is Indian Summer I think they have maintained very high standards and are the largest Indian Restaurant company in the region ,I have been a regular there ,i will strongly recomend this place .

musicman wrote:
Johnny English wrote:

Now you know why the Yanks are outsourcing in India? They say even a McDonald drive in request is serviced from Madras....

Malaz and the types are very unhygienic and low end types of joints,that too if you can digest that kind of food ,strictly unhygienic and unhealthy but its upto individual choices

I like Indian food, and the spicy ones. there are many out there, just talk to one Indian folk and he will show you the right path...lol..

Please don't over criticize, just as you said it's up to the individual. And besides I never had heard of any reports of having bad reactions from those joints, non that I know of as of now. Some of my co workers get food from those places and they're still coming to the office....cheers.

Saffron Restaurant, in Sulaimaniya is also a great place.

Anyone knows of an authentic north Indian "Thali" food joint in Riyadh?
Thanks.

musicman wrote:

Even Indian Summer (Sulaimaniya and Exit 5), Avaz (Tahliya Street), Saffron, Indian Hut (Sulaimaniya) are all good and they also deliver.

Agree with you bro ,I would vote for Indian Summer in terms of food quality and value for money and they have a great service wasnt happy with Avad food at all .

cheers

Johnny English wrote:

I recomend you try Indian Summer you will not regret spending a bit more but it will be a worthwhile experience and no after effects hahah

Johnny English wrote:

[color=#F87106][b]

Pisces

You need to take extra care of your luggage if you are travelling today.

mike12 wrote:
musicman wrote:
Johnny English wrote:

Malaz and the types are very unhygienic and low end types of joints,that too if you can digest that kind of food ,strictly unhygienic and unhealthy but its upto individual choices

I totally agree its up to individual choices and taste and also depending on how much you wanna spend but the fact remains that joints like malaz etc maintain very poor food hygience its potentially a health hazard and u get what u pay for ,what can you expect for 8 bucks

Indian Summer I guess leads the way when it comes to Indian Food there are many out there ,these guys have maintained their standard year after year I have been invited almost 8 times at their banquet parties and every single time it has been a pleasant experience they deserve to be praised

Indian Summer I guess leads the way when it comes to Indian Food there are many out there ,these guys have maintained their standard year after year I have been invited almost 8 times at their banquet parties and every single time it has been a pleasant experience they deserve to be praised

AGREE WITH YOU my vote is for INDIAN SUMMER is the best of the lot these guys are amazing they have great food and good service would highly recomend them

musicman wrote:

musicman, how much are the rent rates there on exit 7?

@yazeed1 I too live on Exit 7. Usual Apartment rents are like 30K for 2BHK.

Rents have been upped here at Exit 7 over the past 3 years we have been living here. TheLegenLeads is correct about the current rates.

The place is getting more attention from people living in the downtown business areas of Olaya, Sulaimaniya, Malaz etc and is expanding like wildfire. Lots of shops, banks, restaurants, and utilities freely available at all of the exits, 5, 6, & 7 on the north side. Nice neighbors and still quiet enough for peace and tranquil.

Access to the city is also quite convenient via the Airport Road or King Fahd Motorway. The recently overhauled King Abdullah Road will also serve as a great link to enter the city from the North.

Takes me 15 minutes to get to Olaya from Exit 7 on a smooth traffic day. 30 on a bad one.

musicman wrote:

Takes me 15 minutes to get to Olaya from Exit 7 on a smooth traffic day. 30 on a bad one.

You drive so slow musicman... :) .....like me...:D

Its better to drive slow and be safe than imitate the natives and be neanderthal

hi, here is an authentic review of indian restaurant in riyadh
i tried it and and found he is right
though it is very unlikely i go there frequently (batha road at riyadh downtown...)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293995-d1828778-r119398013-TOI_Taste_of_India_Restaurant-Riyadh.html#REVIEWS