What a week!

So the traffic of Bucharest it's hectic, ongoing roadworks on the iron bridge to the border crossing same boat as everyone else stuck in traffic. Thursday morning the heavens open it rains for a further 3 days/nights, 6 nights staying in Koshov, and a night in Lovech on the Friday night. Saturday I head back to Koshov in heavy rain I slow down for stopping traffic, sadly the car behind didn't smashing in to the back of my car, damaging the boot, bumper, boot lock not to say shaking up my partner and 7yr old son in the back seat. No injuries but they were shocked and shaken. 2 other cars crashed also the same way 2 cars behind ours!
Sunday morning I check my house, only to find that it had been burgled this is the 2nd time in 2 months!
I am told if left empty this just invites such issues, still this isn't nice to walk in to find.
On a brighter note I complete the public notary, and sign the house in my name officially, a 2 further nights in Bucharest, traffic still a shocker but I'm in a taxi this time! The airport is hard work rammed with rude ignorant people, pushing in and trying to queue jump!
My next visit will be from Sofia I prefer the calmer airport ok it's a drive across country but much less hectic!!

Daimn man sorry to hear for the bad experience. The house thing sounds like an inside job, meaning one of your neighbor or someone close by that knows you are not around. Have you thought of getting SOT? From what I've heard if you get them people are scared to burglarize your place cuz these guys are no joke, they will crack heads and ask questions later, I don't know if the service is offered where you are but here in Sofia it's only 250lv per year. As for the driving, I've had a couple of close calls and I always check if the guy behind me will be able to stop, one time I've had to swerve into the emergency lane cuz I saw I was gonna get hit from behind. I hate when people jump the line at the airport, they act like the good seats will be taken! So stupid, like the plane will leave without all the passengers.  :lol:

I have saw security cars around not sure on the name but they are in green cars and it is 3 initials for the company name, think I can see the local mayor regards setting it up? They put up a label in the window that warns off would be opportunists?
Yeah the car guy in the car was a joke he pulled back near radar area and parked up police cars but as it was lashing down and there's no sense of a decent stopping distance he just screeched I saw him in the mirror closer and closer think he sh*t one when I flew out the car at him, but my boy was in the car!!
The airport in Bucharest was nuts!! Sofia will be on the next agenda deffo!!
(wouldn't mind but we had the last seats No. 27 a,b,c but the only had the stairs at the front of the plane, last ones on, at the last seat, no luggage space, you can imagine!)
Hey it was an experience ha-ha.  :mad:
Cheers Steve.

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear of your awful experiences.
Just thought I would tell you about the security company COT .We have used them for 10 years since owing our house. They are worth every leva. As we live in a village everyone knows when we are not there. On a few occasions I have accidentally set off the alarm and within minutes a couple of burly security guys are at my door carrying guns. Quite scarry but fills me with confidence that our place is being looked after.
Maybe it would be worth considering

Best wishes
Sylvia

Thanks for the reply I will use them they sound just what I need.
How did you contact them?
I have saw the 4x4 cars/jeeps in the local town so I know they'll be OK to cover the area.
Regards Steve.
(is SOT & COT the same firm?)

Hi Steve
The security name is COT but is pronounced SOT. We have an office in our nearest town of Samokov we just go in there once a year to pay our yearly bill. We are going to Bulgaria for 3weeks on Wednesday so if you like we could call into the office and ask where your nearest office is if you give me some idea of where you are. I will post the address on the forum if I get one for you.
I can't believe they are still working on that bridge in Bucharest, we drove an old jeep across 3 years ago and the traffic on that bridge was a nightmare, we were sharing the driving and it just happened to be my stint, I was terrified but there was no where to stop to change over with Bob. Still it was a great experience which we will never forget.

Regards Sylvia

Sorry to hear about your bad times Steve. I don't live there yet so I am afraid I can't offer advice, only sympathy.

Take care mate and I'll buy you a beer one day in the not too distant future.

Terry.