Indian expats pls help

Hi,

I needed a favour from our indian expats regarding information about amman.

Actually my husband is getting a job offer there and we r planning to come.

Would like to know how is the place and people.

Wht abt schools which are the good schools and also about other activities for kids.
In which area of amman do indians live majorly and wht is the cost of living.

Could you help me out.

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Why are you so focused on Indians?
Do you think members from different nationality cant help you?  :/

hii

i am wasim from mumbai, & working in amman since 1 & half year,as far as i know abt amman is very gud place & safe for expats, but cost of living is little bit higher than other cities in jordan,& i found only few indians in amman city

thanks

Hi Deepshan

I know of many Indians working in Jordan but predominantly on building sites and living in Dair Ghbar in Amman AND they are young guys without families.  I presume your husband would be otherwise employed so suggest you speak to your embassy who will have a great deal of information for you.  To be fair, Primadonna is right the expat experience is much the same across the board but I guess you would like to get some experience from your own kin.

Deepshan79.... Come over! I've recently moved to Amman and find it lovely here... it's hot as hell but they tell me it's unusually hot and should cool down soon. People are friendly and welcoming and the food's to die for. I may not be able to answer your questions in a detailed manner as I'm still getting to settle in but the schooling here is I hear, decent! a tad expensive compared to what I'd pay in India but definitely not the ridiculous prices I've seen in Kenya and Tanzania! Loads of kid friendly and family friendly things to do! There is no "Little India" here... at least I haven't heard of any... which i think is a good thing. :-D Only downside... I'm not too sure i'd be able to satisfy my cravings for a hot plate of missalpav or a steaming mug of filter coffee anytime soon!  oh and be prepared to take up a crash course in Arabic as soon as you land. Not everyone speaks English here :)

Primadonna wrote:

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Why are you so focused on Indians?
Do you think members from different nationality cant help you?  :/

No offence, but im sure the lady was asking about Indians in Amman as she appears to be Indian herself  I think that some people that are moving to a completely different country where the culture is all  new to them find the whole prospect rather frightening, and so tend to start by seeking friends of their own nationality as they feel more comfortable asking them advice at first. I'm sure that she didn't  mean to exclude other nationalities and with time she will settle in and expand her circle of friends. We were all new once and to be honest even after all this time living in Amman, I am still suffering culture shock haha. But no matter where I am or what I find myself doing here in Jordan I always see something new or maybe something that seems a little crazy that always makes me smile.

Primadonna wrote:

Why are you so focused on Indians? :/

Birds of the same feather flock together :)

Dear Deepshan,

Indianian expats mostly live in  a city called "Al Shemisani" which is located in the Capital " Amman" . It is a nice place as well as there are Indian food restaurants that you can try  there. About kids activities, there are many entertainment places in Amman such as "Amman waves" aqua park, King Hussein Gardens which include many kids fun activities.

For best Indion food,you better make it at Home,none of Indian Foods here are real indian tasted! i miss India for this (not indian but been in India and have a very good Indian friend here)