Moving to KL and looking for advice on getting a maid and a driver

Hi
I'm moving to KL this weekend and once I have my own apartment, would like to get a maid 1 / 2 times a week for cleaning and if possible access a driver or is it better to just rely on taxis etc.

Can anyone recommend a good place to start looking?

thanks Matt

Just rely on taxis and use an app to book them.  You can nearly always find taxis, especially if you live near hotels. I would suggest using the blue or gold ones, as you don't get the problems with them so much regarding not using the meter.

You will no doubt find people where you are living who will offer clearning services. Just ask around, look at the noticeboards, check the mail box area, and ask in the management office.

Alternatively put an advertisement in the Jobs section above on Expat.com as its a good place to source domestic assistance.

Matt, are you single or married? If single, you cannot hire a fulltime maid but to my knowledge you can hire hourly house cleaners, like what Gravitas suggested. You will see small flyers around complexes. You can also ask your new neighbors. But those have to be locals, foreigners have to have a work permit attached to you and thats permitted if you are married. Thats a process involving several steps through the immigration department.

I use MyTeksi app all the time and sometimes Uber. Taxis are easily available and not expensive. You could ask your colleagues or neighbors or check KL Facebook groups for maid references. It's easier to get someone who works part time by hour.

for the maid, when you are in a condo, you can always ask your neighbor or management, sometimes they have information for maid and i think mostly they are cheap.

Best Regards,
Andrew

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi my hubby is german expat working in KL for more than 20 yrs .. we had many part time maids before .. most of them were from philipine and indon .. they have an employer applied work permit under thc for eir name for them  .. so they have the work permit and they  could clean many other houses base on hourly wages .. rm10 to 20 an hour .. It is getting more and more expensive ,, most recent one we paid rm20 an hour and she demand this and tht .. so eventually I decided not to hire her anymore and now  I have no part time cleaner and have to clean my own apartment .. laundry can be sent to condo Dobi .. they charged by pieces .. Rm1.20 per pc for ironing .. and washing charged by weight or if hand wash by piece rm2-3 per pc without ironing ..

It is not cheap to employ a private driver ,, the salary could be from rm1500 to rm3500 .. and overtime pay too ...  taxi fare is not cheap to .. to travel to and fro 10 or 15 km .. taxi fare iis rm30 ..  for example from the place we live to my daughter 's school .. It is better to drive in your own car .. it makes you moveable and convenient .. Traffic is not that bad in KL but certain areas during certain hours there could be heavy traffic .. If were to employ a live I  maid .. agent fees was once rm11,000 ,, now maybe rm8000 .. and salary for maid : IndoN :rm600-800 .. Filipino rm1200 to 1500
food at least rm20 a day and other misc expenses .. and no off day must pay her ..

If an expat is earning rm20k nett in KL .. even if staying in own apartment ,,   if were have to employ driver and maid ..
the month end bank account could be penny less ..no saving at all .. even if children schools fees apid by company .. my husband is drinking 10 cans of beer per day averagely including week end .. may be week days 6 to 8 cans and week ends 12 to 17 cans .. Rm6.50 per can , 10 cans +rm65 .. plus food  petrol and repair maint for the 2 nd car .. plus elect ,, water ,, condo maint fees ,, uni 5 and tel bills .. children's pocket $ ..etc ..

to drive yourself and to do house work yourself could save a lot .. Taxi fare to school to and fro Rm30 per day x 5 days ,, to go super market or wet market rm 30 to and fro .. it is very boring to stay at home all day .. so sometimes you may want to go out dining or shopping .. to go to somewhere bit far away from the place you stay you may have to pay rm50 to rm100 per trip ..to employ a driver ,, of course it is much more expensive .. his salary plus private cr maint charges and petrol ,, if use company care ,, may be you could save on petrol and car repair maint charges

This year we spend already close to rm20k for car repair maint .. it is  only JUly now not end of the year yet ..

best regards ..

Cindyfly

hello now im.available and looking for.a job im a housemaid looking fulltime,partime,job.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum.

Good day to you Mr.Matt

Sir I have free day I'm available to work
I come by myself I Have valid working permit and working professionally

:gloria

Regards
Ms.teresa

Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum.

Hi Matt,
It is great to know that you choose Malaysia as your choice of location for work .
My name is Patrick and I would like to know if you could give a job as your driver in KL .
I have 20 odd years of experience of driving.
In Kl if you have a personal driver it will be  good cos you will be assured that you will be able to go anywhere at anytime you want.
Hope to hear from you soon Matt.
Regards Patrick

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory

Thank you so much that was very helpful!

:) Hi, I can your maid once or twice a week. am looking for extra money for my living. thank you

Hi everyone,

@ ivykakishita - For your job search it's better to post your advert in the appropriate section > Housemaid jobs in Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you

Stéphanie

I suggest you should get a driver if u frquently on the move. But if u r thinking of getting a cab/ taxi, it is costly going through jams. [Moderated].*** Btw i am a filipina.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.Drop an advert in the Housemaid jobs in Kuala Lumpur section

driver is great if you travel alot, because that means you dont need to find a car park and can just stop at anywhere. you can do your own things in the car but it is not cheap to get a driver, would get a maid instead of driver if i have to choose

Hi

Can you please offer me the job of a driver. I am currently in South Africa and I am willing to move over.

Sanders

Hello Sanders

If you are looking for drivers job, please refer to the appropriate section of the site :

> Personal driver job opportunities in Kuala Lumpur

This will help

Regards
Kenjee

Hi I'm rose,are you still looking a partime maid sir?

Hi I'm rose looking a partime job (stay out)
Twice a week only (Tuesday and Saturday). I'm willing to help you doing your household chores..
Please kindly contact me **
Thank you and God Bless...

Reason : For own security, Please do not share phone number on the forum.

Hi..im bethlove...im willing to come and give my service you need...im from Philippines live in malaysia kuala lumour puchong..if u accept me I will leave my hp .no..++++..u can contact me sir..thanks

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

i am thanuja at the moment working mount kiara pt per hour basis **

Reason : Sharing Phone numbers on the forum is prohibited.

I m a driver with 15 years experience driving for exprates

hi my name is riah  , ,

i was  read your  Expat.com  that are you looking for  maid  partime  job

at  also you are looking for  lady driver  ,

any way  here is  my phone  number  011  15 71 6102

if you are looking for  lady driver  with  car ,

or  do you need the  lady driver  to work with you as  a driver for  8 hours in  a day or 

partime  for  how many  hour or  how  many times  in a day ,

(  to drive  your car )

iam  filipina  but iam legal  permanent resident  , in kuala  lumpur 

thank you ,,

hi if you are looking fo permanent  lady driver  at  partime cleaner   please call me
here is my phone number  011  15 71 6102 ,

you dont have to pay for any working permit , 

iam  filipina  with  legal  permanent resident in kl ,

thank you ,

Pls call me at this contact ++++ Im looking for partime for two or three hrs 3x a week. Im a filipina married a local.

Thank you so much...!

Reason : drop your resume in the Temporary work in Kuala Lumpur section section pls

Hi.thank you for choosing to stay in kl..its tough to get a maid if you are not married.. Usually most people get hourly that's easy.as for driver its easy u found one..me..cherssss.

Hai,i m vijay wt 20 years driving experience n willing to start work anytime.call me at ++++

Reason : drop your resume in the jobs section pls
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + drop your resume in the jobs section pls
Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Please do not promote your services on the forum + register in the business directory

Hi'ma'am looking for a job as a fulltime maid stayout,,,and i have permit i am filipina i work here in kl 5year already...just contact me in this ++++ my name is vangie...

Go to kaodim.com

Number 1, u must explain from A-Z about yourself.
Number 2, u must give the details where are u staying, what day & time u working if u want to hire a driver
Number 3, what is your budget for maid & driver(because my wife can be maid for cleaning & ironing for 2 3 times a week & i can be driver depends on number 1 & 2

Good day madam/ Sir, I'm looking for a job as caregiver or a nanny  fulltime stay out Monday to Friday. I have my own working visa and 9yrs staying here in Kl. *. Thanks

Reason : sharing of email address on the forum not allowed. You may use the private message system for that

Im looking a part time job...pls contact me on this ***...

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your own services on the forum. Kindly register in the business directory or drop an advert in the jobs section.

Hi sir are u still looking a maid

Hi maam Matt.im Cendy and i am working as a partime housemaid if you are interested just call my number *** thanks

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.
Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your own services on the forum. Kindly register in the business directory. Thank you