How to rent out a studio apartment in Manila

Hello
My name is Shane and I currently live in Australia.  I have recently purchase a studio apartment in Manila and looking for feedback on how to rent it out long term. Any advice would be appreciate very much.

Regards
Shane

If renting to a Filipino be very careful - make sure you get a substantial damage deposit as I guarantee the place will not be maintained

Thanks for the advice,  I will definitely do that.

Hi Shane, you can seek an advise to a real estate broker. By the way, where is the location of your unit, maybe I have a friend looking for a studio unit that they can rent out.

Ok so a real estate broker can manage on my behalf?
The location is in Mandulyong and is available November.

Have a contract executed; state there that deposits cannot be used to pay off rents; and deposits will be forfeited if they do not finish the contract; I am on a leasing business commercial and residential and I know; any improvements need to be checked with you;unapproved improvements will be removed at the expense of the renters; and improvements that you like and permanent you keep; if removed deduct from deposits; never never allow the deposits to be used for unpaid rent; there maybe utilities that are needed to be paid still; be familiar with the Barangay in your area; they are responsible to settle any issues between tenants and landlords; good luck

aww it's actually easy. Look for the room/ apartment on Olx then contact to that person. For me, i prefer to rent from the owner than through broker. Broker always talks some money from your rent and its very complicated to contact when you have any problem with your room.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No advertising allowed on the forum. Drop an advert in the Housing in Manila

hi shane ur unit is fully furnished or bare unit? where is this located? if its in makati or bonifacio global area its   a hi end location. studio fully furnished price range  18l to 22k inclusive condo dues. and bare unit around 13k to 14k  for long term  contract .

Reason : For security reasons, please do not post your personal contact/mail on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

where is exacly the location in mandaluyong? and what developer?

Reason : No promotion of your service allowed on forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

The Linear Makati would be a good choice. I live there. It has a pool, indoor basketball court, gym, library, and is secured. They have affordable studio condo units. ;-) Just a suggestion.

in manila, obviously you should always think many thousand times before you trust anyone to assist you or seek help.from. so much pretense like they are are saints.premeditated advice even can be very costly too. yes true you will need to find a very good chap, honest to the core which is equally hard to find here - believe me. pray first and let your own personal instinct or "smell" guide you at the end of the day. Overall not an easy task.

U must get the persons NBI, NSO birth certificate, a government id also and his present barangay cert too. also you will need a good deposit for in case of damage to your property.

Well if you need "REAL" help for cross checking things up you are welcome to contact me . Sadly too many advantage takers here in the Philippines. Manila is worse. Good luck.