New members of the Ghana forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ghana forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ghana if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Ghana forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi I am glad to join the Expat.com today. Just a short introduction. Am a German national born to Ghanaian parents. I leave most of my life in Europe and  have now relocated to Ghana about 1 year 2 months now . Am a business man.

My name is Uwah Stephanie Chinyere, am a Nigerian and am happy to join the Expat.com today. I want to move to Ghana in search of a job as a receptionist, resturant, bar or housekeepper in any available Hotel accuracy is an attribute of mine, i am ready to work hard thank you .

Hi,

I've been on Ghana a month and would really like to meet some people here. I'm a mum of two, psychotherapist at a loose end

Have you thought about joining a group like NAWA so you can meet people? Where do you live? I will be in the d cafe in Labone around 11.15 on Thursday if you want to meet for coffee. I can also be in the Mall on Friday around 11.15 if that is more convenient

I want to meet new people too hope we can meet up , I'm a mother of one and hope your children and mine will be friends

That would be great! My kids are 10 and 10 months. I'm in Tema. Would love to meet

My kid is 7 and I'm also living at tema motorway King's cottage... Let's meet
I will love to meet you and your kids

Excellent. Okay I don't know where kings college is and I can't drive until my licence comes through.

Where could we meet

Tell me where is convenient for you

Hi everyone,

@Efe88 and NatMarieO- please note that the forum is not a chat room and you are going off topic in this thread, please make use of private messages.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hey guys... Well, I am a Nigerian, a pharmacy student. I am very friendly, looking for a babysitting or Montessori teaching job. I love kids. Happy to join this social network. Thanks guys.

hi am a ghanaian and have lived in Ghana all my life. I am Biochemist, movie actor and an entreprenuer. Pleased to be on board.

Hi I am Gerhard
I am a south african and looking for a electrician job on the mines.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of services and external links on forum. Drop advert in Jobs section in proper country forum

Hello all, I am Faith, living in Northeast Georgia. Plans to visit and hopefully to move to Ghana within the next twelve months. Right now working on a website featuring tours to Ghana. Hope to see you soon on the gold coast!

Hello  my names Mike from England Married to  Ghanain  Lady  looking forward to the cultural change.

hello seefaith, will be  welcoming you on your arrival ;lol. pm me

Hi,

Thanks for your welcome message.  I'm Ravi, working in West Africa for 23 years (Nigeria - 16 years + Currently Ghana for 7 years).  I'm living with my family in Tema.   I'm an Indian national from Bangalore.   Ghana is a very good place to live.  Peaceful and good social life.  In future, I'm planning to settle in Chennai.  We have accraexpat.com is also active website with good information.   Also, I'm the Vice-President of Ghana Tamil Association formed during the year 2011, currently having about 120 registered members.

Hello Faith, i will be welcome u when u are arriver just pm me when u are here stay bless

I am marfo fresh graduate looking for job I read financial accounting

Am a Nigerian,i had my tertiary education in Ghana, University of Education,Winneba where I studied Economics. I have 5 years working experience as an office secretary in Nigeria, am looking forward to relocate to Ghana,Accra to be precise

Hi.
I heard the economy of Nigeria is bigger than that of Ghana.
Any other reason to relocate ?

Rgds.
Jawed

Am Lily and a Ghanaian,living in Accra.Am very sociable.I'm also in search of a job as a sales girl/work as a waitress in a resturant.Am a versatile worker.I'm so into  hospitality,customer care,I have good communication skills and also good working ethics.Thank you.

Hello everyone,

You  are  welcome

I'm so glad and happy to be part of the Expat.com

Hi Ravi
U seem very familiar with Ghana. I would like to know if u could connect me to borehole drilling companies in Ghana. I will be in Accra end of this month but I lack contacts to help me start up a groundwater consultancy business.
Looking 4ward to hear from u soonest

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am Victor Kankam-Aning, a heavy duty mechanic by profession.I have served a lot of mining companies in Ghana for 23 years.My last company i served was Newmont mining Ghana-Ahafo as a Heavy Duty Workshop Supervisor.
Within my 23 years of service, i have trained more than 100 heavy duty equipment mechanics with most of them working outside Ghana.
With my accumulative experience, if any company hired m, i am going to make a significant contributions to fulfill the job requirements necessary to meet that company specifications
Thank you
Victor

I would be much glad, if any company is ready to employ me as an expat,then i will contribute my accumulative towards his/her operations.
Thank you
Victor
E-mail address
[email protected]

Hi, 

Im new to the site..

just read your post and am fascinated to hear more,   how did you manage the transition  from living in Germany to Ghana.

May I ask what were the five most signifcant differences in working/ running a business in Ghana as opposed to Europe?

Thanks

Samantha-kay

Hi Faith, 

hope your doing well?

I was wondering if I could ask  what the best places to visit for a sense of history in Ghana,  apart from the famous castle?

Samantha-kay

There are beaches and coastal villages and in the central part there is the history of the Ashanti kingdom and in the north there is Mole Game reserve and the Larabanga mosque, but there are lots of other places which reflect Ghana's past and present

Am Lily and a Ghanaian,living in Accra.Am very sociable.I'm also in search of a job.Upon all the issue we've got here,live in Ghana is very good and peaceful.Am into sales and hospitality.

i love Ghana and am proud to be a Ghanaian

Hi,i am a Ghanaian and I have live in Ghana throughout my years.Now i am searching for a well payed jobs in any Accra based hotel in Ghana.As a receptionist.Will be happy if you help me.

Hi,i am a Ghanaian and I have live in Ghana throughout my years.Now i am searching for a well payed jobs in any Accra based hotel in Ghana.A receptionist will be good.Or any other well payed job in Accra,Ghana will also be considered.Will be happy if you help me.

Hi hkann,

Thanks so much for your response.
It was so informative and helpful.

It's great to speak with an Expat who knows the ropes, as it were.

Are you currently in Ghana?

I live in Central  London but travel to Egypt regularly, to visit my mum.  I've  not visited Ghana before but hope to get my vaccinations & visa sorted  so I can pop over early next year, depending on flight / accom costs.

Which month would you recommend and
Is there anything solo travellers need to be aware of ?

Thanks again for your helpful advice

Regards
Sam

The coolest time in Ghana is probably May to September but it is also the wettest. Just take the normal precautions you would anywhere and you will be fine in Ghana. Sure you will enjoy your stay

Hi myself suresh moved to Ghana this month will be based out of Accra & Kumasi. Let chat...............................................................................

Closed