Anyone know a good Vet for Health Certificate near Bogota?

Taking my dog with me on a short trip home to Los Angeles, was going to just take him to a random vet in Cajica, but was thinking I could do it in Bogota as well if anyone knows of a vet or has any idea how much they charge for the health certificate I'd appreciate any info...

Hello gringalatina,

There are some vets who have been recommended in the Veterinaries in Bogota section of the directory.

However, you will have to contact them so as to get an idea about pricing and so on.

Hope it helps,
Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna! I actually saw that right after posting, lol. There was no info other than contact info though...so today while I was downtown I saw a place, and they charge about 25,000 pesos, not bad! I still have to find out what the ICA charges for approving the certificate though, if I even end up making the trip. I will update if I find out for future reference.

Jennifer

Update: I need to post the info from the vet I ended up going to here in Cajicá on Carrera 6ta. She was great, and only charged 20k pesos. Around the corner, they wanted to charge me 65-75k!

In the end, what screwed things up was, that I didn't realize that I needed to get THAT certificate signed by ICAs vet, who is not in the same office you pass through when you arrive, but out near the cargo area, and which is only open till 4pm... My flight was at midnight. What a disaster. There is also another fee to be paid via BanColombia, which closes at 7pm.

Just call and ask, their website WON'T tell you what you need to know. So much for my Labor Day weekend at the beach in L.A....