Is offer letter mandatory for visa application?

Dear All,
I came to Muscat a few weeks back to appear for an interview for the post of a production development engineer.I got selected for the post.The employer said that he will send the offer letter within three days.After returning back to India, I called him and enquired about the offer letter, he said that the formalities for visa are in process and he will directly give me the appointment letter once the visa formalities are finished and it would take around 2 months for the same.
My ques :
Does it take 2 months to make an employment visa ?
Is offer letter mandatory for visa application ?

Hi milind786092,

For a company to be issued a 'job clearance' for hiring an expatriate requires a long and cumbersome process. It could take 2 months, or even 12 months. The variables are many.

But if the company does hold the required clearance, then it is a matter of just a week to 10-days for an employment visa to be issued.

Why don't you read the numerous posts on the topic of 'Visa Delays' and you can gather a lot of information from the various discussions there.

An Offer letter is not a mandatory requirement for a Visa application. But for an employee an offer letter would be required to know exactly what the job description is and what the duties and deliverables are. Without an offer letter there wold be many grey areas which could cause confusion later on, after joining.

OK,  Thank You Sir! :thanks:

milind786092 wrote:

Dear All,
I came to Muscat a few weeks back to appear for an interview for the post of a production development engineer.I got selected for the post.The employer said that he will send the offer letter within three days.After returning back to India, I called him and enquired about the offer letter, he said that the formalities for visa are in process and he will directly give me the appointment letter once the visa formalities are finished and it would take around 2 months for the same.
My ques :
Does it take 2 months to make an employment visa ?
Is offer letter mandatory for visa application ?

Hi Milind
Average time required to get employment visa is 4-6 weeks though it can vary a lot as Mr.Sumitran rightly stated. The process starts once you submit the required attested documents... provided the company holds job clearance by the concerned Ministry. But my advice to you is not to proceed without offer letter copy.

OK they never asked me to give any documents ... They only have my passport copy ...
Still the said that the visa formalities are in process

milind786092 wrote:

OK they never asked me to give any documents ... They only have my passport copy ...
Still the said that the visa formalities are in process

Hi
Sooner or later they will ask for copies of attested documents (if they have applied for Employment Visa). In any case, you have to get your Educational certificates attested by HRD & Ministry of External Affairs. Attestation process will take 2-3 weeks here in India.