Cost of living in the Seychelles – 2015

Hi all,

We invite you to talk about the cost of living in the Seychelles in 2015, with an updated price listing.

Don't forget to mention in which city of the Seychelles you are living in.

How much does it cost to live in the Seychelles?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.)

> food prices (your monthly budget)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> education prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> price for a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> price for a coffee or a drink

> price for cinema tickets

Do not hesitate to add items to this list! ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Hello,

from my experience i can let you know what i pay (in Amitie, Praslin):

> accommodation Prices: I live with locals, so this is very cheap... I have no idea what renting for expats cost.

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.) : 5 Rupees a ride, if your going 1 stop or around the whole Island...very cheap
> food prices (your monthly budget): around 2000 Rupees a month we spend on food. we are two people and eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, creole food (lots of rice, fish, chicken and veggies).

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance): i have an international insurance not from the Seychelles (around 900 EUR a year). A Doctor's visit in the Clinic at Grand Anse costed me 200 Rupees + around 80 for medication.

> education prices (if you need to pay): don't pay

> energy prices (oil, electricity): Electricity is around 150 Rupees/month with two people in a 2 bedroom Appartement, Water/Sewage is around 80 Rupees/month. Gas for the stove is around 80 Rupees/month.

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone): I have Prepaid Internet over a stick from Cable & Wireless. Here it depends on how often your on the Internet. I do spend some time and pay probably around 800 Rupees/month

> price for a good menu in a traditional Restaurant: Me and my friend payed between 60-80 EURs for two people with wine, water, LOTS of food. Take-Away is usually around 50 Rupees a menu and ist very good.

> price for a coffee or a drink: I have no idea, usually buy my drinks at the store (Bier is around 29 Rupees for local, 40-50 for other imported drinks, wine is around 120 Rupees/bottle)

> price for cinema tickets: Cinema at Grand Anse costs 60 Rupees

Hope i could help....

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic - please create your own topic and ask your questions