Hello, from La Sabana de Bogota?

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jennifer. I'm from the U.S., and have been living in what (I believe) is called La Sabana (area outside Bogota including Chia, Cajica, & Zipaquira) for a couple of months now.

I am actually 1/2 Colombian, and 1/2 Ecuadorian (both parents and pretty much their entire families emigrated to the U.S. in the 60s, so I was born in, and grew up American) so I was considering both, but Colombia got the upper hand on me.

I originally was looking at Medellin, since it seemed more affordable than Bogota, and seemed to have a bigger expat population, but I was bewitched by Bogota, and compromised by choosing an area in the suburbs. Now I see all you peeps in Medellin and am wishing I had picked there instead! Well, my lease is until next year, so I guess I will just have to relax till then...Or just take some short trips! I spent time in Medellin, Bogota, and San Andres earlier in the year, but still want to see Barranquilla, Cartagena, Cali & Santa Marta, at least.

What else.. Oh, I'm a vegetarian of 15 years.. I always said when I came to Colombia I was going to break down and chow down on a Bandeja Paisa, but I just couldn't do it! It's not so bad though, I manage.

I'm interested in holistic medicine, travelling, good food. Planning on getting a Permanent Visa soon, so that should be fun, lol. Oh! I actually rented a room to International Business students from Europe for awhile, and love meeting people from different countries & cultures, brushing up on my French & hope to learn Portuguese soon.

Well, if there are any expats that somehow also found their way out to this area, I would love to hear from you!

vivalasabana.com/

Hi Jennifer. Welcome to Colombia.  I just sent you a message.

gringalatina wrote:

I'm a vegetarian of 15 years. I always said when I came to Colombia I was going to break down and chow down on a Bandeja Paisa, but I just couldn't do it! ...

I'm interested (in) good food.

I ordered bandeja paisa (literally, Paisa tray) on my first visit to Eje Cafetero.  Didn't eat much of it, but sampled the meats and various starches.

IMO, it surpasses Uruguay's national sandwich, the chivito, in the competition for South America's "heart attack on a plate."

cccmedia in Depto. de Nariño