London Restaurant Recommendations

If you're new to London and looking for restaurant recommendations, I just wanted to recommend my little London restaurant blog to you! You'll find it at londonelicious.com

Enjoy!
Krista

Thanks! Did some reviews of my own as well at Singaporean in London. Just look for 'What to Eat?' in the center column.

Cheers!

Tayyabs Punjabi restaurant in Whitechapel is a quintessentially London institution with very reasonable and tasty Pakistani food.

Galipoli on Upper St. in Angel has good Turkish food in a lively setting

Roast at Borough Market does a great, classic English fry-up for breakfast

Gastro-pubs Great Queen Street and The Eagle never disappoint

Antipellier on Green Lanes is another authentic and delicious Turkish place

Gordon's wine bar is a lovely place to share wine beneath the city in the ancient, candle-lit vault - plus decent Roast on Sundays.

Beirut Express is very high quality, relaxed and tasty Lebanese restaurant on Edgeware Rd and its open till 2am.

Hey,

I passed Yo Sushi in St Pancreas, anyone been to any of the locations?  Is it any good?  I must admit I want to try it out because of the asthetics :)

Melissa

Yo Sushi is pretty good and very quick and convenient!  It's fun to see what the sushi looks like as it going around the conveyer belt and amusing to grab it spontaneously!  I always like to go to Yo Sushi's busiest locations, to make sure the turn-over is good and that it will be very fresh.  One of the nicer locations is on the 5th floor at Harvey Nick's. 
For a top notch sushi lunch/dinner in a relaxed atmosphere, try Kikuchi on Hanaway St. (just off Oxford st).  Very delicious!

Erica,

thanks!  I will have to make a trip.

Hi! Speaking about places to eat, I recommend One Alfred Place, a private members club in London, which combines a superb restaurant and executive office space. A great place if you need to take your clients/ business partners for a business lunch/dinner, very convenient location and helpful service.

Hi,

Last week I went to Cyprus Mangal with Turkish-Mediterranean cusin in Westbourne Grove. Really good food, great value for money.

Hi.
In this christmas holidays i went for a holiday with my family and i used an oniline service for opting restaurant. I was impressed by the service provided by them. There charges are very nominal.

covent-garden.fluidrestaurantguide.co.uk

ethinic steak house: Sahara Grill in Leyton
They have private cabinets in the ground floor.
Their price is very good and their food is good and fresh.
I have enjoyed booking the private cabinets and taking my wife and children there - children get more space!

for low cost indian:
Tayyabs in whitechapel is very well known and very busy (as mentioned above  by Erica)

for fast cheap indian:
in famous brick lane, there is a small fast food type restaurant called sweet and spicy - popular with the local ethinic community and the brick lane tourist  - when i was little i used to go on sundays with my dad to the market at the end of brick lane and then for lunch we would come here for a kebab roll with their red coloured onion chutney. 

if you are new to indian then a good start is tandoori chicken with nan bread, mint sauce, salad.

still run by the same old guys of the 80s Humaira Indian in Judd Street Kings Cross: (a reminder of the 80s 'yes sir' service) - as i remember large portions at good price. try chicken tikka masala with pillau rice. 

make sure to enquire before ordering if all food is prepared fresh - i generally do that to all restauarants i visit as this helps to keep the standard and quality of food you receive high. And its nice to hear them reassure you with a 'yes'

for a famous malaysian:
try satay house in sale place, paddington.

I am planning a trip to London in approximately one year and i am looking for restaurant that would be perfect for just two people, that would be romantic though. I am having dinner with ma girlfriend i haven't seen in a while and need somewhere we can catch-up. Any suggestions?

I am planning a trip to London in approximately one year and i am looking for restaurant that would be perfect for just two people, that would be romantic though. I am having dinner with ma girlfriend i haven't seen in a while and need somewhere we can catch-up. Any suggestions?

Can anyone recommend any good African cuisine in London? :)

I know there is a number of Russian restaurants in London, however not as much as French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese, so I wanted to carry out a little research of your opinion on Russian restaurants.

Have you ever been to one? What did you and didn't like? Will you go there again? What do you expect from Russian restaurant and its cuisine?

What if it was a friendly cosy place where you could enjoy delicious hearty food. At the same time it would be a 'good-restaurant' type and not pub/fastfood/cheep cafe. It would be elegant and stylish, but not too pricy at the same time. It would be open for breakfasts that would include pancakes and other traditional pastries; lunches and dinners where you could try famous Borstch (beetroot soup) and other meals from Russian and other east-europian countries like Beefstroganoff and Duck. Pre-revolutionary old russian cuisine was a lot influenced by French cuisine, so french meals like Fois-gras would also be served.

Would you choose to go to such restaurant over French/Italian/Spanish?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For recommendations of services, please refer to the Business directory