How to make friends in Norway

Hi. Could you kindly sent me the link. I'm.new here in.Norway. Never feels alone as . Felt right now.

Which part in Norway are you?

Hi. I'm in Arendal

Hi cazvilla.

What brings you here?

Difficult situations for me ;( was married to norwegian for long time but been living in Asia mist of the time. Unfortunately. He took my 2 girls t. Norway without my concern. And now custody issue with norwegian law and singapore ;(

Huff...sad to hear that!
So you are more or less forced to stay here until the case is solved as I understand.

All the best for you and your girls and good luck!

;( yes it is. It's sad but I have to stay positive. Hopping for the best ;)

Vaslav wrote:

I don't know why people who have shown no interest in foreigners who have moved to THEIR country seem to think their own re-location abroad will result in THEM being more warmly welcomed.
World-wide, the rates for poverty, suicide and mental illness amongst migrant workers are high and well known"
Warren Michael Davis
There is an awful lot of this "the Norwegians will be SO pleased to have someone as smart and dynamic as me moving into their backwards, little community" .... a community that has been bobbing along facing horrendous problems for hundreds of years perhaps.
Norway is VERY different to most places apart from perhaps Sweden and Finland. Having worked in all these countries, I reckon Finland and Sweden are the closest to being "European" and more "open" than Norway. South of Sweden is perhaps the best compromise..

Why are you even here? clearly jumped up on your soapbox as soon as you saw the title and didnt read the replies people have left.
We're saying its hard to make friends not that people are Not willing to become them.
As for generalising that everyone in this post have never been interested in "foreigners" as you coldly put it. Shows your total ignorannce to this topic.
If you quote migrant suicide rates then why not help all the people on this post with advice not this childish assult of copy and pasted quotes of obscurity.
Nobody claims Norway is a backwards community and nobody here claims to be better then Norwegians.

Everone else on this Forum I live in Kristiansand I come from london My friends back home are Albainian, Sri Lankan, Russian, Greek, Latvian, Indian, German, French, Italian, English and more.
I come from a workplace where i knew all my 1500 colleagues by first name and talked to anyone who sat close enough to me in a pub.
Norway is different people think im mental saying Hi in public but i have a few Norwegian friends now.

My best advise is make friends with other non norwegians first as they are in a similar situation to you. They are probably just as desperate to make a friend.
My first friend here was a Romainian if your not prejudice and dont look for the comfortable option of finding a fellow countryman its easier.

Hi I will like to male a friends with you

Hello, everybody. I am a Thai girl. You can call me Anya. I live in Phitsanulok, a city in lower northern part of Thailand. So I have plan go to stay with my aunt and brother to learn English at Brisbane and find out some jobs when I be there next seven months, well I would like to make friends who can help me any advice about your country before traveling, I am looking forward to hear from you thank you.  :)

Hei!!

How's Kristiansand like? I just moved there albeit from Arendal and have lived in Norway for 17 years. I am interested in finding out about the town as since I am notorious at getting lost, I seldom have wondered to Kristiansand alone..........

I just try.

Anyasweethoney wrote:

Hello, everybody. I am a Thai girl. You can call me Anya. I live in Phitsanulok, a city in lower northern part of Thailand. So I have plan go to stay with my aunt and brother to learn English at Brisbane and find out some jobs when I be there next seven months, well I would like to make friends who can help me any advice about your country before traveling, I am looking forward to hear from you thank you.  :)

If you are going to Australia just be advised that you cannot work on a tourist visa. A working holiday visa will be okay.

ainasamad wrote:

Hei!!

How's Kristiansand like? I just moved there albeit from Arendal and have lived in Norway for 17 years. I am interested in finding out about the town as since I am notorious at getting lost, I seldom have wondered to Kristiansand alone..........

Kristiansand is a very beautiful Place every thursday through the summer we have a outside drinking event each thursday. The marina has some very nice Places to eat. Plenty of nature around. Alot of non norwegians can be found here because of the large student population. I have met alot of douchebag racist Norwegians here but then i Guess i met more in London...

[Moderated: No free ad]

hi, how are you? could u pls tell me the easiest way to live in norway? or danmark?

singlegreenapple wrote:

hi, how are you? could u pls tell me the easiest way to live in norway? or danmark?

There is no easy way. You will need to contact the Norwegian and Danish Embassies for visa formation and applications.
For work I suggest you Google search for that.

Hi hello everyone!

Im spanish girl from barcelona and I amb working as an Aupair in Bergen.. I would love to meet people and know where I can get some "not too expensive" Norwegians class...
If theres someone who is in a same situation as me please contact me:)

Thank you hope that I can meet new people:)

I would recommend joining as many clubs as you can to throw yourself into the culture, it would also help with the language if you need that too :)

I might do a full post about this over on my blog later this week so keep an eye out :)

hi guys i am here looking for gud friend who i can be with her nd share idea together

THANKS A LOT A LOT FOR YOUR RELPAY. IM SEARCHING NOW FOR A NORWEGIAN CLASS!!!!

Hola Estimada!! Ojala puedas ver este mensaje ya que veo que la ultima vez que entraste fue hace bastante tiempo. Me fije y eres de España, por ende hablas español. Soy de Panamá, estoy viviendo en China por estudios y estoy planeando para las próximas vacaciones visitar Noruega, tengo una Tía en Bergen y pues, quisiera saber si pudieses indicarme como hacer amigos o tener un poco de vida social, estoy planificando pasar 1 mes. ojala puedas darme tips, te agradecería!! que tengas un buen día

saludos
Yas

@ Yas > As you are on the Norway anglophone forum, can you please post in english here?

Thank you

Priscilla  :cheers:

Halo
      Soon I'll have holiday in Norway stay at Oslo 3weeks and after well be going to cabin for hunting birds fishing wild Salmon for 3weeks.so in totally 6weeks.with friends and employer. Im free to meet friendship Oslo nice place. Hopefully can find someone easy Attitude. Friendly, understanding,

Hi Everyone I'm Looking For So A Friend Here In Norway I Am Very Friendly Person Easy To Talk I Am Interested To Learn Your Culture And Your Language.

Hello! Anyone from Stavanger here? Just came here, don't know anyone from this town. Want to make new friends :)

Hello! That would be great! I've no friends here yet so it would be cool to meet. I live with my boyfriend now and he's busy during weekdays. So it would be nice to make friends. :)

Hie all! I am new to Norway, Stavanger... I am an electronics engineer, working... I am friendly, like sports, travel, books movies... Never felt such a lonely... I am looking for friend/s with whom I can explorer new places...

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

I was raised in Irving,Texas.I moved to Norway in June of 1980 to Oslo,we then relocated to Sandnes to work for a Norwegian oil field
Supply company located on Aker Norsco Base in Stanger until 1989.
Beautiful country great people left many friends and family there.

Hi everyone,

It seems like these messages are quiet old. Hopefully, I get to meet people over here at this moment. I moved to Bergen a month ago. I was living in New York City and I am working on a company in the Finance department. It would be fun to meet people that speaks English as I don't speak any Norwegian at all.

Thank you
Ali

Hi Ally, this is Amol.. Neither I know Norwegian :-(... BTW, where exactly are you  in Norway??

Hello I'm Maria from Kuala Lumpur.
Planning to visit Norway by end of the month.
Would like to make friends with those who stay in Norway

I am New here to this site, and finding it hard to make friends here in lierbakken. im struggling With the Language, which i find really hard, and i dont really have the motivation to get out there as it were.... i Guess its because everything is so strange to me here. I have one or 2 Norwegian friends, but they are really friends of my fiance. and as Nice as they are, there is only so much i find i have ib common. and i get so so lonley sometimes.
im not in the positio to get in the car and just get out for a while, as im not totally comfortable With driving on the wrong side of the road yet, but i hope to be doing that soon.

Are there any Places anyone could suggest, that i might find fun. Im 48yrs old, so im not seeking any thrills, just something Nice, that will break up my day a little, and someting i can do without haveing to be Reliant on my husband to be. I'm in Lierbakken, so near enough to Drammen, and not too far from oslo on the Train.

many thanks

LouiseH

you're going to get used to, matter of time  :)