Romania

I've lived here now around 3 years and have gone through alot of not so nice things here. First,Romanians are all about the money and how to scam it from you,especially if you are American?? I worked at a school as a teacher and the boss would never pay all of your wages on time and would not understand why you were upset? The thing about Romania,my opinion that is,it's a second hand country. They've had their so-called democracy since 89 but still haven't figured out how to do it? It's like the country,businesses,bosses,etc......are still in high school! Haven't figured out Democracy and continue to screw people.If I take a taxi with my Romanian wife she tells me not to speak English because they will charge us more money! I know I'm going to get grief from people now because I'm saying this so I'll save you the crap. My wife and I are leaving because she is tired of all the scamming,etc......My advice is that if you work for a foreign company then it will be all good,but if you work for a Romanian company then they will steal your money and treat you like S__t so good luck.....It's like being in a country and the year is 1940 !!!!

That s true bro :(

Well said and to the point. It is still a very back-ward country and their mentality is too deep-rooted. It will take another generation for this to change and reflect to the outside world.

well ... second hand country is offensive, and way too much for one living in a country where people are discriminated or smashed to the soil if they are poor (even worse if they are black and poor) or are allowed to shot and kill, where hospitals do not consider you if you don't enter with your credit card on your pocket, where prisons are a business, and safety and other basic requirements,  you have the right of disliking Romania, but not to offend it !

Ha ha......so that is why ALL the young Romanians leave every year from here and don't come back.  And yes, goodbye.....

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : political arguments not allowed on the website
Baba668 wrote:

Ha ha......so that is why ALL the young Romanians leave every year from here and don't come back.  And yes, goodbye.....

Aren't you the same guy who always spells it "AmeriKKKa?"
It's hard to dispute that most of those things are worse in Romania than in the west, and I also feel that intense frustration sometimes, but cursing people out online for the ills of society doesn't exactly contribute to the betterment of humankind, either.

maliinbali wrote:

well ... second hand country is offensive, and way too much for one living in a country where people are discriminated or smashed to the soil if they are poor (even worse if they are black and poor) or are allowed to shot and kill, where hospitals do not consider you if you don't enter with your credit card on your pocket, where prisons are a business, and safety and other basic requirements,  you have the right of disliking Romania, but not to offend it !

I don't mean any insult, but in Romania health care also costs you an arm and a leg, but it's all unofficial and you get no bill of sale! You want heart surgery? An envelope with 10.000 Euros in the doctor's hand is a decent START. Don't slip the nurse 50 RON? Then your grandma is going to have to hobble to the toilet on her own. Now the Prime Minister wants to legalize bribes for doctors and nurses!
I've been told many times by my liberal friends how free and easy healthcare is in the world outside of the USA, but having experienced it for 8 years, I take that with a grain of salt. What's on paper is not always what's in reality.

won't get better here so that is why my wife and I are leaving and you don't help by playing bad music with Sloradana/Loradona,really bad music should be ashamed to be proud telling your American friends,if they only knew how bad.....

Baba668 wrote:

won't get better here so that is why my wife and I are leaving and you don't help by playing bad music with Sloradana/Loradona,really bad music should be ashamed to be proud telling your American friends,if they only knew how bad.....

We can't all play good quality music like "All About That Bass" or "Happy" or "Get Lucky".
But really, what the hell are you talking about? Why so personal? Are you seriously implying that this country's problems have anything to do with the fact that I play with a pop star?

I wish you lots of anger and indignation wherever you decide to call home, so you can criticize your new home for not being the kind of country you think it should be and make lots of friends, until you decide it's time to leave again.

Duelling banjos at dawn time? Sheriff Romaniac will be here shortly to lock the pair of you in jail.

But seriously....Loredana? Dude... :huh:

Maykal wrote:

Duelling banjos at dawn time? Sheriff Romaniac will be here shortly to lock the pair of you in jail.

But seriously....Loredana? Dude... :huh:

Indeed Maykal!  :D

Gentlemen (@Baba668 and @chuckkh), let's try to cool it with the personal jabs, it doesn't help anything here.  Let's remember that this site is about sharing information and helping expats.  I know some of us like to vent our frustrations about life here on expat-blog, but let's try to temper it.

We each have our own experiences and perspectives, and I think we can all agree there are plenty of negatives about living here.  Some expats are better equipped or suited to live in a particular place (Romania in this case), and that's fine I think.  Some find it more suitable to move on to somewhere else, some wish to endure and try to see it through; we all have our reasons.

If nothing else, agree to disagree and move on. Thanks.

Romaniac
Romania Expat Advisor
Expat-Blog

- I guess it's time to close this thread -

Closed