New here

Hello, I'm Desiree. I am currently wrapping up my last few days in Orlando, Florida in America and preparing for my move to Bali. I will arrive on Sept. 16. I'm hoping to connect with a few people before I get there. I will be in Seminyak for a portion of my time there then Ubud. I'm hoping to find some like minded people who don't think I'm crazy for leaving home and moving half way around the globe. Are you out there?

A warm welcome to Expat.com.  It would probably only be crazy if a person had not done considerable research, got their immigration sorted out, or didn't have an income from a job already secured in Bali.  :idontagree:

Good idea!!!!!welcome to Bali......facebook badis degaichia denpasar....

Hey Desiree! 

Welcome to Ubud (soon anyway).

You'll love Ubud and you'll find a number of very interesting expats living here…including from the US.

Stop by the Fly Café when you get settled in and you'll find a number of them, especially on Friday nights. 

Crazy for leaving home?  You won't find any of those sorts in Ubud.  Many are like me…arrived on a visit, and never left.  And that was 17 years ago for me…never returning to the states!

Cheers! 

PS…One word of advice…keep a US bank account open…one which you can do internet banking.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely come by and check it out. I'm a (soon-to-be former) Journalist. I am now a sales copywriter who works with business owners. As much as I loved journalism, it's exhausting and I could already feel burn out kicking in. I wanted a huge change of pace.

I can't wait to get there. I wish I could come sooner! I was debating if I should keep my US bank account open I was leaning toward keeping it. Thanks for the tip. :)

Yes. That would be crazy lol. Although I must admit, I've only planned for the next few months. After that, I'll still have to decide where I'd like to go next.

Think of it as joining AA for life...one day at a time!   :lol:

Basically, and I've seen this a million times, viz, if Bali is for you, then things will work out.  If Bali isn't for you, things won't work out.  But no matter what, the ride is awesome!   :top:

Hi Desiree, I myself am moving to Bali the end of this month.
I was wondering if you had any contacts to begin with in Bali and if you're coming with someone, or are you coming alone with no one that you know who lives in Bali?
If the latter, I'm in the same position haha.

I'm a bit worried about making friends in Bali as I will be moving there for about half a year with my puppy (who is already there waiting for me), but no one that I know.

So anyway what I'm saying is it would be great if we could hang out maybe... -cough- I'm not Balinese, but I'm half Indonesian, so I can help you get around and stuff. Hehe.

Christy

Hi Desiree and Christy,

I was browsing the forums comments and stumbled upon your conversation. I myself will be in Bali at the end of next week for a few months. I'll be coming on my own with no friends nor acquaintances. Since we're all in the same boat, how about meeting up sometime?

I'd love to meet new people :)

Gita

hi...im colinda….....i left my entire life in canada to travel asia and find a place i loved. i am currently living in ubud and also brand new!!....i love it here...best th8ng i ever did!!....contact me and we exchange emails girl!!....

Welcome to the forum Coco.....you will find a lot of interesting people here for sure.

:top: