Employment Pass Rejected

Dear Sir and Madam,

Actually I am in Singapore since three months ago and I am holding a Training Employment Pass for one year. One month ago we applied for Employment Pass but got rejected after one WEEK and the HR told me that they will make an appeal. Today she contact me and she said that the application was rejected again without giving any reason.
By checking the MoM website I did not see any update after the appeal. I am thinking that they did not appeal for my application since the application has the same number and they did not tel me about the reason.
Could you please help me about this case.

Best regards

Chtl74: MoM does not normally disclose the reason for rejection and the application number remains the same on appeal.

Hi beppi,

I am a Chinese and living in Beijing China.  I am seeking an opportunity to move with my family (wife and 2 kids) to Singpoare. My ex-boss in the U.S offers me a Regional Manager role and based in Singpaore.  I will start the interview soon. I have 10+ years experience, and last 5 years as a Regional Manager (APAC responsibility) with a U.S Fortune 500 company in Beijing.  My monthly base salary is SGD 8000+ and a B.S degree from U.S. 

What do you think are the chances of getting EP from MOM?  Thanks!

TDnTD: The offered salary is low for your experience and job scope. Try and you will see if you can get EP with that!

Hi Beppi:

SGD 8K/month is my current salary in Beijing.  I will start the interview soon with a U.S reputable Tech company......just wondering that will MOM accept my EP application based on my qualification?  Thanks.

Your qualifications are probably not an issue. If the salary is S$12000/month or above, the company does not need to show efforts to find a suitable local employee first - look up the "Fair Consideration Framework".

ok thanks!

Hi,

I've been reading all the replies on this thread and thought I'd weigh in with a question. 

I currently work with an express logistics company and have been offered a position in Singapore in the same company with a monthly salary of S$4500.  I have worked in the company 10+ years however have no formal qualifications beyond high school, I did complete some university.  I've tried the online MOM questionnaire, and it says I'd be eligible ou for S-Pass. 

What do you think my chances would be?

Without university degree you cannot get an EP. S-Pass requires a technical certificate or similar papers. What did you enter here? Well, if the SAT says you're eligible, go ahead and apply!
Juat keep in mind that S$4500 isn't a lot of money in Singapore - it only works if you are Single, and even then you face the choice of renting a whole untin and living frugally, or just having a sublet room in a shared flat and more cash to burn.

Thanks very much for the reply!  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  The package also includes some shift penalties, transport allowance and relocation allowance.  Honestly I'm still waiting for the company to provide a full final figure, but these horror stories of rejected visa are worrying me.

In the case of SAT I put in the job title (as near as I could find) monthly (estimate) pay and all other required fields.  My partner will follow me in early 2016 and she will most likely command a similar or higher income.

aussg wrote:

Thanks very much for the reply!  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  The package also includes some shift penalties, transport allowance and relocation allowance.  Honestly I'm still waiting for the company to provide a full final figure, but these horror stories of rejected visa are worrying me.

In the case of SAT I put in the job title (as near as I could find) monthly (estimate) pay and all other required fields.  My partner will follow me in early 2016 and she will most likely command a similar or higher income.

If your partner will come as dependent pass on your EP, you should be taking at least 5000 SGD (new rule ).

Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards

Zomaro is right: You need a minimum income of S$5000 (and that excludes all allowances, bonus, etc.) to bring your wife. This is to prevent people to end up in destitution, but it still is quite little for a couple.

*message removed*

You require a university degree in order to qualify for a EP. Also there are many other factors which the MOM verifies . experience.  Education qualifications .
Salary you need at least 10 grand if you have a family and kids.
5000 k if you are single.
Remember accommodation , education are very expensive.

Regards

rajrana1981 wrote:

Salary you need at least 10 grand if you have a family and kids.
5000 k if you are single.

You are mixing different topics here:
- You need a minimum of S$3300 to get an EP and S$5000/month to bring wife and kids as dependants, as per MoM rule.
- Depending on your lifestyle (i.e. in case you want more than mere survival) you need more than that to pay your daily expenses. Rajrana suggests S$5000/month for a single and S$10000/month for a family to have a reasonable lifestyle. I agree with him about the numbers, but this is not a legal requirement like the above numbers.

Beppi my friend,
I just told him about the average cost .
I never said its the legal requirement .
U agreed on the numbers
And I agree with you on the 3300  $ rule
which the MOM mentiond.
Cheers  :top:

Hello,
I'm an Indian - working with a reputed advertising agency as a copywriter in India, and have a total experience of 4 1/2 years.
I have completed my bachelor's in commerce from an Indian university, which I just checked isn't on the list of colleges recognised by MoM.

I recently got an offer from a big(MNC) agency in Singapore, salary would be S$4500 p.m. The agency applied for EP/S-pass (not sure) on the 24th of August - I still haven't heard from them. Although I'm sure it normally takes this much time, I just wanted to check what you guys think my chances are? Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but I have won a few big international advertising awards (in case it affects the decision).

If you are lucky, MoM might consider that your awards and work experience makes up for the lack of recognised degree - but only if the employer stressed this point in the application. The salary is on the low side for somebody like you, but not completely out of the possible range (I hope you're single, because it would be tight for two people).

Thank you for the quick reply, yep, unmarried.

Let's see, I'll keep my fingers crossed - will post an update once I hear from them. Thanks again. :)

Please anyone help me to find employers in Singapore, i need Singapore s pass.

I already answered to your thread about S Pass

salamsk14 wrote:

salamsk14 wrote:

To find an employer, you need to apply for jobs at suitable companies in your industry - not post on an Internet forum!

Thank you for u r advise,  do u suggest me some of the websites for this please.

You can find them by reading some of the existing posts on this forum (where you'll also find lots of other advice for this often discussed topic). Or you just use Google. You need to be resourceful to get ahead!

Thank you beppi

Hey Beppi,

Let me ask you. Does student pass affect your work pass application outcome?

Applicant has a bachelor degree already..the current student pass is for professional cert and valid for another 6 months.

Whhy did you post this here AND send me the same as PM?!?
And who is this "applicant"? Are you asking for somebody else? Who and why?

To answer your question: To have a Singapore cert helps in getting a work pass, but abandoning your studies without it is megative.

Hello,

I am interested in forming a company in singapore.  My have recently founded a startup which is in early growth stage and generating some decent annual revenue.

The website along with the client portal is all set.

I would like to know which visa suits me the best to form a company and move to singapore.

If I go for entrepass, I understand that I will have to show a minimum business spending of over SGD 100K in the first year which keeps on increasing in the following years and I am not sure if I will be able to show that kind of spending.

For Employment pass, I understand that they need a university degree, but I have a diploma from an institute that is not recognized when I check my eligibility on singapore immigration website, however in the end it still says I may be eligibile for both Employment and entrepass, not sure how.

Can someone guide me on how to go about this?

How can a singapore government expect a startup which is in early growth stages to show a spending of 100K in first year and increase that spending to 1.5 times the next year etc.

If someone can throw some light on this and help, I would be grateful.

The right, and in fact only, visa for your case is the Entrepass.
To get an EP for your own company has (because it has been abused too often as a backdoor around the Entrepass) now become so difficult that it's not a viable method for small companies like yours.
If you cannot fulfill the Entrepass requirements, you simply cannot run your business in Singapore.
It is not that the Singapore authorities expect a startup to grow that fast, but that Singapore only wants successfull and fast-growing companies. It can easily do without the others.

Hi There,

Thanks for clearing this up for me.  so as long as I can show that the business has the potential to show a spending of 100K in the first year etc. there shouldnt be any problems with the approval right?

Yes, but keep in mind that your business plan needs to CONVINCE the authorities of this - they are pretty discerning nowadays.
And in the second year, you also need to employ a number of locals to get an extension.
I recommend you engage a professional incorporation service provider (like Rikvin or Janus) to guide you through the formalities.

Hi Beppi,

I already have a b.plan in place and it already convinced Canadian incubators So I am sure it will do the same to Singapore govt easily.

I am already coming to s.pore next week and will be meeting some people at gudemesingapore.com etc to explore the possibilities

Hiring locals is fine since I will anyway need to hire some staff in few months.

Are you in Singapore too? Anyway we can meet up to explore the possibilities of establishing my company there?

Although I have registered a business before (and still own it), I am not an expert on these things.
Guidemesingapore (the former Janus - they changes owner and name) is a good partner for this - if not cheap.
I myself am not regularly in Singapore.

Gotcha.  I have already setup an appointment with them so hopefully they can assist with this.

Thanks again

Hi,

Just wondering is there a way for me to check on my EP status?  My employer applied it for me.

Thanks!

You can check the status by logging into the EP Online system (on MoM's website) with your NRIC number.
The NRIC number is given to your employer soon after submitting the application. If you don't have it yet, ask them!

Hi there,

Just thought I'd post a quick update -

The company hadn't actually applied for E-Pass/S-Pass on the 24th of August - they'd just put up the ad in JobsBank back then, which I found out later. After 2 weeks, which is the 8th of September, is when they applied for my EP/SP - and I received the IPA letter today.

I'll be reaching Singapore by the 15th of next month. Thanks a lot for your help. :)

My HR told me that she doesnt have any FIN or whatever number i need. "As for the FIN, I do not have it as you did not work in Singapore before. The FIN number will only be generated once the application went through. "

I actually dont get what's happening with the EP. She applied last week Tuesday and today she says my application has not gone through yet? Also, today, she asked for my Myanmar working VISA as MOM asked for it. So what? She has not applied yet or something?

I think you didn't read reply carefully. It's NRIC not FIN.
That's like a user id to use MoM site to check the application status.
If she didn't apply, why MoM ask for Myanmar visa copy?

flyguy729 wrote:

My HR told me that she doesnt have any FIN or whatever number i need. "As for the FIN, I do not have it as you did not work in Singapore before. The FIN number will only be generated once the application went through. "

I actually dont get what's happening with the EP. She applied last week Tuesday and today she says my application has not gone through yet? Also, today, she asked for my Myanmar working VISA as MOM asked for it. So what? She has not applied yet or something?