What are the best options for 4G and mobile carriers in Penang?

Hi everyone!
I've been looking online for 4G providers and mobile carriers in Penang, I found that Penang could be covered by Maxis and P1 as 4G and  Digi, Maxis, Celcom and UMobile. for mobile carriers.

From you experience what are my best options if I'm going to stay in Penang for at least 6 months. I would need a home connection besides the 4G connection, is it possible?

what do you think has the best coverage and works with less troubles in Penang Island?

Many thanks in advance,

Ramy

Gravitas is right. Best is to find an accommodation inclusive of internet.

My friends and I always find that Maxis is the best provider so far in Malaysia. In fact, we always complaint about it but the others are worse. Those having switched to other providers always regret 😓

Honestly speaking, Maxis does not have the cheapest plans in town but it crushes less than others. Btw, Maxis has boardband plans too. If it's only for 6 months, you may consider to opt for prepaid plans. Hotlink is the prepaid version of Maxis,

All the best !!!

Thanks Gravitas and JIme for your replies,
The problem is I'm heavy internet user that's why I'm looking for something that can be suitable for my use. I wanted to get prepaid 4G plan for backup but I would need home connection, because I've found the monthly qouta for the 4G plans very small in Maxis and P1.

Almost every agent I've contacted tells me that I will have to setup internet connection, I couldn't find one with internet already. I think they are fooling me when I asked if I can do this and they say yes it's easy to do so. I think it's the common sense that without residency or employment paper I won't be able to subscribe with one.

But anyway about the coverage, which one has the strongest coverage around Penang?

Dear Ramy,

I believe that Maxis has a broadband connection of 10MBps that you can register for (I think this would actually suffice for you). Setting up a connection at home would require your legal documents and a deposit in order for them to install it for you.

You can also opt for their Mobile Broadband plans; however, it would not be much for you as they run on off peak plan and peak plan (I'm currently on their Maxis 4G Peak / 4G Off Peak plan). I find that I run out of my data for peak and not for my off peak (apparently the off-peak timings are between 2am to 8am or I might have misheard this)