Expat blog meet up..... Blue Bay

Hi guys
Just moved to Mahebourg recently after a long time in the north.  So I was wondering if there are expats around Mahebourg and Blue Bay who wants to meet up for a drink, meet fellow expats and make new friends.
Time and place to be fixed later on.

Cheers
Jake

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

Hi Jake,

am new to this forum and just saw this message. was just wondering if you are still in Mahebourg and how are you finding it?
Am from mahebourg but now resides in London. I am looking to moving back to Mauritius in the future.

hopefully you enjoys Mahebourg just as much as I did  :)

Hi Charlotte-roch

Yes am still in Mahebourg, and so far am loving it here. Looking forward to meet other expats here.

Hi Jake

I am keen. Have just moved to Blue Bay from South Africa.

Cheers,

Melinda

Hi Melinda

Thanks for writing...and you're welcome!!
:)

WOOHOO!! My husband and I are always keen to meet new expats around our area! we live in Point De Esny (blue bay)..

Let us know the deal! :)

Alright CherizeWoodKrige,
I'll keep you informed.

Hi all
I am semi retiring to Mauiritus in the next few weeks and am researching areas to put down roots.  Would love to know about the Blue Bay area - I believe the beaches are good what's the social life like and are there any mature expats in the area/
Thanks

Hi Barbara,

From my own point of view Blue Bay is a nice and lovely area to settle.  You can always come down to King Savers or London Way to do your shopping.
And yes there are lots of mature expats around this area. The Social life here depends on what you want to engage yourself into, but in all am sure you will like it.

Hi
Thanks for the info.  I can't wait to get there.

Great. ;)

Hi hake I'm originally from the UK  been living hereally for around 3 years I'm not far from blue bay let me know when you intend to organise the meet cheers 😊

Woow Jake,
I'm working just in front of Bluebay. Looking forward to meet up. Let us know Tha date.

Hi guys

What y'all think?
Let's schedule the meet up as follows.

Date: Sunday August 9th, 2015
Place: Blue Bay Beach
Time:  12 noon
Food, Drinks..bring and share!!

We'll come down from Trou Aux Biches and say hello:)

Cheers,
Tamar

Blue Bay on a Sunday, the more that it will be during school holidays, might be overcrowded.. My humble opinion ! ;)

Hey that sounds good to me!! Booked it in my diary! See you all then!

Hi All,

Are we still meeting on Sunday at Blue bay beach and where? We need a place as it'll be very crowded judging by the last time we went down there.

Cheers,
Tamar

Hi

How about we meet somewhere near the tree that grows on the beach (towards the right-hand end of the beach if looking out to sea)? That's the only land mark I can think of...

Date: Sunday August 9th, 2015
Place: Blue Bay Beach
Time:  12 noon
Food, Drinks..bring and share!!

Are there tables near there? Might be good to grab one! How many are coming?

Cheers,
Tamar

Hi all,

Are you still there, is it too late to join you?

Cheers,

Stephanie

Stephanie,

You're a week late but to tell you the truth,I didn't make it and only one person replied when I posted about it the day before so don't know that it even happened!

Cheers :(

Tamar

Hey guys, I also missed out! haha :) should we try organise another one? and like fix the date and time?

Cherize

Hi,

Always motivated, of course why not?  When and where could we reorganise it?

It could be fun!  Anyway, last Saturday I went to Blue Bay and had a very good time.

See you..

Steph :)

Sorry guys,
I couldn't make it and am not so sure if anyone showed up on that day.  So  Plz can we fix it again, am sure some of us are quite interested in this meet up.

Date : Sunday September 6th, 2015
Place: Blue Bay beach
Time :  12 noon
Food, drinks... bring and share!!!

clintonjay wrote:

Sorry guys,
I couldn't make it and am not so sure if anyone showed up on that day.  So  Plz can we fix it again, am sure some of us are quite interested in this meet up.

Date : Sunday September 6th, 2015
Place: Blue Bay beach
Time :  12 noon
Food, drinks... bring and share!!!

One of my friends turned up and she could see no one around the area that was stated, she wandered around the beach looking but eventually went back home - Maybe if you re organise you should private message people with a contact telephone number and then peeps can ring to check its still on, especially as you were the organiser ;)
or
Tell people to PM you if they want to come :)

Although that would not have actually helped her on the day, as she did not post she was coming, as she did not want to give her name or number out as she is a single lady, she just checked the details and drove there, but I suppose she may have PM'd you if asked too.

Am really sorry to hear about your friend and I apologize to all.

Plz you guys should let me know if the schedule its OK...then we can finalize everything.
And yes feel free to PM  me !!

Thanks, will pass the message on when I next see her or maybe she will read these posts :)

Good luck with your next get together :)

Hey I'm keen for the 6th September for sure! Why don't we meet up at the snack shop in the parking lot at the beach and go from there??

Unless someone has a flag or something pretty obvious for everyone to look out for?  :lol:

Lets try get this confirmed by the 4th latest :)

I think the Snack shop at the parking lot is very handy for anyone coming to identify the group.

Meanwhile let's confirm how many people that will be coming and know if there will be further arrangement.

My husband and I are definitely in :)