Visa issues

Hi my husband work visa will finish  in Dec and he has been told  he  has  to  hand  in  his  resident permit. Our kids are  in school and we would  like them to finish  the  year  so is it possible  to stay  in oman  with out a resident  permit? I  realise  that  we  would  have  to exit and return  on tourist  visa  but can we still rent house  have car etc. And is it possible  to come in on tourist  visa multiple times? I know peiple do but what about  families? I

rkam123 wrote:

Hi my husband work visa will finish  in Dec and he has been told  he  has  to  hand  in  his  resident permit. Our kids are  in school and we would  like them to finish  the  year  so is it possible  to stay  in oman  with out a resident  permit? I  realise  that  we  would  have  to exit and return  on tourist  visa  but can we still rent house  have car etc. And is it possible  to come in on tourist  visa multiple times? I know peiple do but what about  families? I

Without a resident card one is regarded as an illegal immigrant.you either renew or exit the country

Hi
Forget renting a house, you cannot even return on Tourist visa if you don't have a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your husband's employer. Without NOC you cannot get any kind of Omani Visa for 2 years.
So, the options for you:
1. Get NOC from the employer (not an easy task)
2. Renew the employment contract till your kids complete the academic year.