Three cats needing company on a flight to frankfurt

Hi I am looking for three people who would be willing to accompany three cats on a flight to Frankfurt within the next two weeks. The owner will meet you at Frankfurt and will pay for the cats transportation. She is desperate for her cats to join her, two flew with her last week.  Call me on ++++ if you can help

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Hi Evans rhys,

Welcome on the Forum - it's your very first post  :)

Your post is now on the Frankfurt Forum :)

Question : why do you need three people ? Can we get more details pls !

You can try and drop an advert in this section here ---> Everything for your pets in Frankfurt pls :)

P.s - Dear Yaaasin, you sure have a great sense of humour except you are way off topic here  :whistle:  - please post only if you feel you can help or can share information which might be helpful !

Hope everything work out fine and the cats will get there safe and sound !

Thank you

Maximilien

You did not mention FROM WHERE the cats need to be flown to Frankfurt.
I think a better and probably cheaper option than paying three people to fly there (and back?) is probably airfreight or a pet forwarding service, which you can find through Google.
Also, getting the payment AFTER the flight incurs a risk for the participant, especially if you expect them to bear expenses (e.g. flight ticket) first and you promise to reimburse later - what if you don't?

Hi all,
I think this post is flying 3 cats from Mauritius to Frankfurt on Air Condor.

This happens all the time, say a tourist falls in love with a dog or cat, by the time the animal has had all its injections, rabies jabs etc the tourist has left the Island so...

To fly the animal to Frankfurt you have to have a God Mother or God Father to accompany each pet even though the God parent do not handle the pet.
The pet is loaded onto the aircraft with the God parent boarding the same flight, usually the flight cost is paid for by the new owner, sometimes you get one nights hotel accommodation paid for and then you return the next day, although if you wish to stay for longer, then you pay for the extra nights at the hotel.

My friend did this last year, her flight was paid for and she decided to take a weeks holiday in Frankfurt, she paid for her own hotel and then had a week sightseeing in Frankfurt.

This is what I know has happened over the last few years, however this post above may be different.

Check it out with PAWS as I think they help people to get their pets to Germany and sometimes need God Parents to accompany the pet, if not PAWS then they will know who to contact. Give them a ring they are very friendly and helpful :)
PAWS The Vale - (+230) 263 0541
PAWS Union Vale - (+230) 637 3025

They are paying for formalities, flight and hotel just to get a stray cat to Germany?
Aren't they aware that from that money five stray cats can be given a home and food for the rest if their lives - thus it would be far smarter to donate to a local shelter???
Some people are just strange - and probably even claim they love animals and want to help them ...
(All schemes I have seen to shop stray animals internationally were similarly dumb: You also wouldn't invite ONE starving child to a five star restaurant in the name of charity, right?)

mmmmm.
Cats in a cage?

It strikes me as odd to look for three people, one per cat.
Is there anything else in the cage?

Whilst I'm sure there is no white powder being transported, hidden in the cages, there is zero chance I'd take anything to another country for anyone unless I was absolutely sure it wasn't drug smuggling.
Frankly, this sounds very odd, especially as there are business that work in animal transport.

Hi I am living in Heidelberg near Frankfurt

I have also 3 cats ;)  I am willing to help out .

Stephanie

Hi Fred & Beppi,

There is nothing odd about it, it has been going on for quite a few years now. Condor Air charges very little for a cat or dog to go in the luggage hold in their Plastic Crate.

I am in the process of shipping a stray dog to a family in England now by BA and the cost for this small dog is 7 times more, Sadly Condor Air only flies pets to Germany. The family and friends are paying for this dog to join them.

I understand where your coming from regarding the costs could help many other strays, we have many strays here in Mauritius and not enough homes, sadly so many are caught and euthanised, most of us have at least 3 animals, I have 5, but at the end of the day how a person chooses to spend their money is up to them :) Just like it is up to you and I how we spend our money and what we choose to do with it.

Also regarding the 3 cats waiting to fly to Frankfurt it could be that the owners had 6 cats,  they flew with 3 as only 3 adults returned to Frankfurt and they need to get the other 3 to them.

Fred, yes there is 1 Company here who deal in Animal Transportation but not accompanied animals hence the continual search for God Parents.

"Saving one dog or cat will not change the world, but surely for that one animal, the world will change forever.”

Have a good day :)

StephCan wrote:

Hi I am living in Heidelberg near Frankfurt

I have also 3 cats ;)  I am willing to help out .

Stephanie

Maybe contact the original poster by PM?
:)

There are also enough stray pets in Germany and overflowing animal shelters, all worthy of support.
We don't need to euthanise as many, because they die by themselves in winter#s sub-zero temperatures.
I appeal to all reasonable folks to not overspend on misguided rescue efforts for single animals, but to make more sensible donations for the building of additional shelters in Mauritius, Germany or elsewhere!

beppi wrote:

There are also enough stray pets in Germany and overflowing animal shelters, all worthy of support.
We don't need to euthanise as many, because they die by themselves in winter#s sub-zero temperatures.
I appeal to all reasonable folks to not overspend on misguided rescue efforts for single animals, but to make more sensible donations for the building of additional shelters in Mauritius, Germany or elsewhere!

Can I suggest that you google " stray dogs in mauritius video" but please do not watch the video's, just read the articles, then you will see why so many of us are trying to save as many as we can of these strays.

We would welcome Humane Euthansia not actually whats happening here :(:(

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Offensive post

from where ?

LOL

Hi

i wish i could help you

sorry

Hello I am not sure how reliable the person is but I have been watching TV series called "border security: Australia", "Border Security: Canada" and  "Locked Up Abroad" and the immigration people insist not to carry anyone else cargo (living or non living) as the cargo might carry illegal substance and you will be responsible for anything found in the cargo and if you are caught at immigration border. So be-careful to carry stranger's cargo specially if other person is paying for your flights, hotels etc and if they are not travelling with you...

safe travel

hello everyone,

Please note that the OP is not anymore a member on the website. I am now closing this thread.

Thank you for your contribution.

Closed