Danny Boy

May Danny Boy just brush by with a kiss ,but leaving behind a lot of his tears. They would be a blessing to all. I've talked to other Tinker families & we shall work to create an excellent passage of the storm.

It's a double edged sword as we need rain, but not too much rain!  It's current track kisses the north coast but will likely be a tropical storm.

Actually looks like pretty direct "hit" on the north coast as a Tropical depression.  So hopefully some much needed rain and not too much wind.  The gardens are smiling in anticipation.

Bob K

This bugger has shifted again.  Let's hope for rain but no damage!!!

Which reminds me, never let down your guard. Storms will move and change, don't relax until it is past and even then keep an eye out.

Storms are not totally predictable!!!

Planner so true. Now looks like it will pass us about 70 mi to our north so probably not even much rain...damn

Bob K

Bob, When they say where a storm is, they mean the center of the storm.  Some storms can have a diameter of up to 600 miles across, ie. Louis of the 90's.  The outer bands of Danny extend much further than 70 miles.  Therefore, the possible effects will extend to the north shore, however, not with the intensity of the center core.   I know of wence I speak.  Lived through 7 hurricanes & many tropical storms, including the mother of them all, the cat 5 Hugo on St. Croix in '89.   225 mph & 28 tornadoes on that 84 square mile island.   Bueno suerte amigos!!!.

And this bad boy has moved again, now to pass on the south side of the island and crossing to the west northwest. We are back on alert calling for 2 - 4 inches of rain.

Next full update at 5pm our time.

Gypsy this is a fairly small storm, he is only about 60 km across! He is quite unusual.

And yes I think the whole island will feel some effect.

The island is much more than 60KM wide. Danny could fit between Sosua & Cabrera & not leave a drop of rain on either town.  Perhaps the center is only 30 some odd miles wide.If it is really that small in total area then it is just a very large thunder storm.  Hope you are correct with your info.  Again, good luck!

Not suggesting the total cloud cover is 60 km wide.

OK, makes a lot more sense & more in keeping with your intellect sweet heart. Thanks for the explication.

Yep now looks like the sucker will not leave much water on the north coast...damn

Bob K

And looks like we will get the rain here...... good for the reservoirs but it won't be anywhere near enough.

And like magic... puff and it is gone.  No longer any Danny and it looks like no effect on the north coast.

The next one Erika (probably named TS later today) looks like it will track well north of us so again as far as meaningful rain...NADA

Bob K