Looking to make friends in Yangon

hi there,
I'm interested to meet with people from Myanmar and hopefully the friendship will provide us with other opportunities. I'm from Singapore. Please email[Moderated: send details in private pls]

Regards
JT

Hello folks,

I just got to this country 2 months ago and i'm not making much friends, and i'd like to meet new people and new expats here. I can speak American and fluent Burmese. Hit me up to my gmail: [Moderated: send details in private pls]. Let's connect guys !

Regards,
Edward Kent

Hey Jimmy,

I'm trying to connect with new people in Yangon. Add my yahoo:[Moderated: send details in private pls]

I am an Australian teacher and I want to start a netball sports team for expats in Yangon.

I am searching for a court I can hire on a weekly basis for 2 hours.

Does anyone know of any facilities which I can use for a community group?

Regards,
Elizabeth

Hello,

I saw your post and from my experience sports teams are a great way to make good friends.

Want to join a social sports (netball) group?

Have you heard of the website meet-up? I have started up a group on meet-up, check it out:

[link moderated]

I have not yet finalized the venue but will do so in the next couple of weeks. Will post up the place as soon as I know. Planning our first game for Tues Aug 20th if I can get all the equipment by then.

[Moderated: pls send your personal details in private]

Volleyball?  Let me know if you find a court.  I can play it with some practice.  So far I am just walking but I need something else.   Perhaps bike riding?

Hi everyone i've been in Yangon almost 4 years want to have new expat friends to practice English and share living experience here

hey,folks. I am currently living in downtown, Yangon. If you like to exercise or watching movie sometimes, i will be glad to be your company. You can reach me at [Moderated: pls send your personal details in private]

Hi, Parveen,

I am Arshad and living in Myanmar. I am also teaching in one of International school of Myanmar and looking for friend. Please contact me at [Moderated: pls send your personal details in private] for to communicate further.

Regards
Arshad/Yangon

I've just arrived few weeks ago. Contact me at[Moderated: send details in private pls]

Hi, I just moved to yangon from DC four days ago. This is our third field posting and I have realised that to make any stay memorable, you need some good friends. I have a six year old daughter and would love to get to now other stay at home mommies in Yangon.

Hello ESL. Teacher, I am local here in Yangon. I am wondering by this time if you have already managed to make some friends; if you haven't we can meet up some time for a cup of tea. Please contact me if you'd like.
From the link below, you might get some tips about where to meet expats in Yangon.
jessicamudditt.com/tag/where-to-meet-foreigners-in-yangon

I am looking for the same thing, message me

Hi Ali89,

Why message you?

The public forum is far better as other Expat.com members living in Myanmar could reply you and share your friendship :)

A little introduction will also be welcomed.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hey there,
My name is Nin Si.. I am stay home housewife.. Even though I am local but I haven't many friends as I was working in Singapore and came back last a few months ago..

Hi Nin Si,

Welcome back!
I was back from Singapore too after spending 10 yrs at there.
Same issue here, i dont have much fri in Myanmar since alot of them are at oversea.
Why not we can be close fri if you ok :).
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks

Soe

Hi my name is Richard Delphi I was born here then migrated to the U.K.then to the States (L.A.) and now I'm back here looking to make friends if interested please call me 09401535354 hoping to hear from you. I now reside in Kamayut.

Hi all... I'm from Sri Lanka and hope to visit Yangon first for some investments. Hope to find some genuine friends in Myanmar Yangon.

Hi.. I sow your massage. I'm trying to find some friends in Yangon and out side in Yangon for business purpose. So I thought to drop u a mail and expecting for a good responding. Reply me or mail me on " [email protected]"

Regards.

Hi ,
This is shailesh/41/mumbai  . Landed 3 weeks ago . Have some friends from office but weekend are really give lonely feeling.
Let me know if any meetup to plan  on saturday sunday .
I am staying in northern part of yangon (hlaing)

(Moderated: stop leaving your phone number on the forum pls)

hello, everyone. My name is Bryan, working in Yangon since year of 2012.I love tasty food and likes to meet up with new friends, you can reach me by sending e-mail  to [email protected]. thx

Hello,
I will visit Myanmar in late Oct.2014 for market survey, I'm looking the opportunities to export VietNam goods to selling or trading at Myanmar.
I need local guys who interesting and support for bussiness.

Contact me via email : [email protected]
Thank you!
Giang.T (Ms.)

Hello Member,

I just moved to Yangon for an expat assigment, Weekends i am totally free  anyone interested to explore city or some Coffee etc. Please send me message  :)

Skypename:khawaja628
Email: [email protected]

Cheers.
Abdullah

Hi my name is Richard Delphin was born here moved to England then the States and reside here now. Live in Kamayut give me a call if you want to get together for coffee

Hi, there
My name is Eli. I work in Yangon and would like to meet up some new friends who enjoy coffee, music and good food as I do. Please email me If you are interested to meet up for a cup of coffee or explore the city together.  :D  [email protected]

Hi Nin Si,
I am from India looking for friend, if you like tea/coffee at weekend PLz drop me a text here or email.

Moderated by Gavind.
Reason: Personal contact on a public forum

Hi Eli,
Nice to see you, I am Rana. If you like tea, you always welcome. Drop a text here if any weekend you free.

Moderated by Gavind.
Reason: Personal contact on a public forum

Hi Cam

Are you still in Yangon? I am a Msian and about to be posted to Yangon and would like some advice on housing, transport etc.

Thanks
J Khoo

Hi members,

On Friday 22nd May am will be in Yangon.
If anyone available for beer would be nice to meet up. Like to discover new places.
Last week I was in Yangon and been to 50th street and Vista bar.

Cheers
Suresh

Hi all. I'm due to arrive in myanmar begining of August my husband will be working and as of yet I have no job to goto. I need friends to help me explore and get to know the wonders of this beautiful place. If anyone would like to meet up please get in touch. I'm English x

want to make friends in Yangon.:)

hi nice to meet u

Hi my name is Richard born here grew up in the states but live here in Kamayut

hope to hear from you soon

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum!

Hi, I've been here in Yangon just a week now but still I haven't meet any fellow Filipino, any fellow Pinoy here nearby Yankin road? Thanks.

Hi,

why don't you join us in our weekend travels around Myanmar. Its great fun and educational. If you have the time, contact  ****
Edwin

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your phone number on the forum for your own security

Hi,

Welcome to Myanmar! You can join our group for some exploration around Yangon and have barbeque picnic, at times.

If interested, you may contact us at ****

Edwin

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your phone number on the forum for your own security

Hi all,

This is biswajeet. I am not expat but next month i am coming to myanmar yangon. I hope to meet new friends.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Not a dating website

Hi.. I too the same.. you can call me on my mobile or message me..*