Marry an Indoneian girl as foreigner

as a foreigner, if i want to marry an Indonesian girl,what will be the procedure,how can i marry an Indonesian  girl.what document is needed for marry,

Do you have someone in mind?  Have they agreed to marry you?

Gravitas wrote:

Do you have someone in mind?  Have they agreed to marry you?

:par: great one.....

yes ,an Indonesian girl wants to marry me,she loves me and i also love her very much

Then ask her to explain the process to you and check with your Embassy the paperwork needed.

I'm going to be a little less than charitable in this post.
A man asks about Indonesian citizenship, but has never been to Indonesia, now asks how to marry an Indonesian girl who loves him.

I'll offer some serious advice.

Scam marriages to obtain a visa are taken very badly in most countries, Indonesia being no exception.
Even after marriage, you still can't work legally, and have no real rights to stay in Indonesia past a temp stay permit (ITAS). After two years, you can get an ITAP, but that will only allow legal work as an informal employee, say visiting a school from time to time or working in your wife's business.
After 5 years, you can apply for citizenship, but you have to prove you're really married, so immigration will probably do a home visit.

mahbub100 wrote:

yes ,an Indonesian girl wants to marry me,she loves me and i also love her very much

If she loves you and you love her so much, then maybe it is easier for her to come and live in Bangladesh with you. I think the regulations in Bangladesh are less strict than the regulations in Indonesia. Also, since you probably cannot get a job in Indonesia, then you will be able to support her financially with your own current job.

brother,if i have a legal work permit in Indonesia,will it be easy to marry an Indonesian girl ????

mahbub100 wrote:

brother,if i have a legal work permit in Indonesia,will it be easy to marry an Indonesian girl ????

To get a work permit, you must have a skill unavailable in Indonesia.
Your profile suggests that would be difficult.

As far as I know you don't need to be living in Indonesia to marry an Indonesian national. So if you just want to marry her then just do it either in Indonesia or Bangladesh. But if you want to go to Indonesia to find a job, well it seems more difficult. But then, don't let that stop you from marrying the girl of your dreams.

As long the girl knows about the whole plan.... ;)

I married an Indonesian girl in Bali 8 years ago. Because im not allowed to work there my wife was more than happy to come and live with me in England. If you love the woman you need to work to look after her, you can't do that in Indo.

wednesday1960 wrote:

If you love the woman you need to work to look after her, you can't do that in Indo.

I did, Ubudian did, and a lot of others have managed.
I suspect you're wrong on this issue.

For certain, it is not easy for a foreigner in love with an Indonesian to make things work out while still remaining in Indonesia.

And, if you think about it, it makes sense too.

Indonesia primarily wants to protect its jobs for Indonesians…and while it seems logical that foreigners married to an Indonesian should be given a break (and in some respects, they are), do we want our women to be more attractive than they already are…so that more foreigners come to live here?

I have to say, I do find Indonesian ladies to be especially attractive, more so than I can say of other SE Asian nations.
I think that's down to national attitudes as much as their wonderful physical form.

Ubudian wrote:

Indonesia primarily wants to protect its jobs for Indonesians…and while it seems logical that foreigners married to an Indonesian should be given a break (and in some respects, they are), do we want our women to be more attractive than they already are…so that more foreigners come to live here?

Attractive is one thing (and Indonesia is blessed with so many women as beautiful in personality as they are in face), but my concern would be keeping scam marriages at bay.
Apart from the clearly illegal (as well as immoral,if that's your cup of tea) side to scam marriages, it ruins the chances of official change and acceptance for those of us in real marriages.
Personally, I believe those legally (and really) married to an Indonesian should have the right to work freely (and without a work permit), this is slow and difficult, partially because of the scam marriage concerns.
Your island has it's own special problems caused by the large numbers of tourists. A side to this that most of the rest of Indonesia is immune from.

We're on the same page Fred…no doubt about it

As you say, it's all about the motive for the marriage…and how, (if it is even possible) to determine, let alone regulate that.

Discussing this whole issue recently with my DPR sitting brother in law, the suggestion came up…unrestricted job access for foreigners in mixed Indo/other marriages but only where there are children.  But that raises a completely different possible red flag as well.  Then again, being married is one thing…being married with children is quite another level (as you clearly know). 

Also recently sitting down with some very long term expat friends, each a westerner and each married to an Indonesian, and with their own businesses and children from their marriage, the following (edited and paraphrased) was voiced:

“I am sick to death of being a long time contributor to this country, its economy, and to its growth providing jobs, taxes, and keeping my nose clean, and yet not having one damn single right…rather, as vulnerable as anyone to deportation.” 

I have no doubt that like myself, you would find it impossible to argue against that sentiment.

Hi,I'm Jessyca I'm from Indonesia I'm living in Papua New Guinea I'm looking for new job in Jakarta.. please for information.. thanks

Jessyca marlina wrote:

Hi,I'm Jessyca I'm from Indonesia I'm living in Papua New Guinea I'm looking for new job in Jakarta.. please for information.. thanks

This is an old thread and you're a little off topic.
Perhaps I could invite you to start an introduction thread about yourself, perhaps with a mention you're looking for work.
Are you still an Indonesian citizen and what sort of work; that sort of thing.

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : expat.com is not a dating website
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct