Would love to hear from british expats in Sweden

Hi my name is Charlotte and I'm 23 years old.

I'm thinking of moving to Sweden with my boyfriend for us to have a new start and better life :-)

Would love to hear from british expats in Sweden to find out what its like there.

Thanks guys! Xx

Hi Charlotte,

I love it here but have found it a little hard to make friends and get jobs but it amazing the people are so friendly and you get free Swedish lessons as well which helps although everyone speaks English. Events are fun and getting in the culture is great you will proberly feel a little home sick for a while but once your settled more you should feel right at home :) let me know when you get over here

Hello there Charlotte and Emzcwst,

First of all, welcome on board Charlotte  :)

Please note that i have created a new thread from both your posts on the Sweden forum so as you may better interact.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hi Charlotte,

Cwmbran's a lot different from Sverige - I know them both fairly well. We lived in northern Sweden/Vasternorrland for over six years - now resident France, and have also lived in Spain. We found the locals, in a small scattered forest village, to be generally welcoming, friendly and helpful. We struggled with the language - always tricky, largely because of the sounds/noises they make, not what you'd expect at times - but have a reasonable grasp now. My wife attended SFI which helps enormously with language teaching/training etc. Jobs are very difficult - nearly impossible, in reality - without Swedish language and there is a marked reluctance to employ non-native Swedes, for sure. However, overall it's a wonderful place full of unexpected paradoxes, contradictions and immense beauty. Go for it. BTW outside major pop centres/cities rural property is very attractive and attractively priced!