Where to buy household appliances?

Hi everyone!

I moved in recently and I was wondering where can I buy household appliances-- you know blenders, kettles and that kind of things--, for a reasonable price. I live in Sliema and I know a local shop where to buy them, but I find them expensive. I wouldn't mind going a bit further to get them.

I was about to buy online, but I'd rather buy local and don't wait for my item to arrive. So if anyone knows a good retailer with competitive prices, let me know!  :happy:

Check out lidl - they have various proucts each week  though on fcfs basis
check out trotters http://www.titps.com/ = they bring products over from the uk so you can often get argos basic range etc
but other than that you will find household appliances do cost a lot

Hello peeps
So far the best place we can find for price and selection is Top Choice in Hamrun.  They have a website to google

So far nearly every electrical appliance we have bought in three years here has been cheaper than UK.
We have bought :
40 " smart TV for 399 euros (£280)
Halogen oven for 60 euros (£42)
Electric Kettle for 25 euros (£17)
Steam Generator  Iron for 120 euros (£84)

Just last week in one of the flyers that came round was a fridge with small freezer compartment for 170 euros and most places have micro waves from around 90 euros

I don't think that is expensive!

Ray

i bought my kettle argos £4.99 paying £17 for  a kettle to me seems rediculous
iron also less than a £10 - £84 quid for an iron ...
90 euros for a microwave when in the uk i can buy one fro £29.99

i am not a lottery winner - i only have a small amount of money to spend

I thought the Atrium was quite good and massive. Bought my BBQ there and some mugs. Kettle at Pavi and other electrical stuff Severn is good value and with kettles depends if it's bottom plate or an element. If you want morphy Richards etc be prepared to pay for it lol (other kettles are available) ha

Thanks everyone! I'll have a look at those retailers you suggested.

I actually meant to type Severin not Severn lol German manufacturer I got a kettle and microwave of theirs from Pavi

I'm going to get a few household things tomorrow myself.

My first stop will be the Atrium. Next stop Forrestals just around the corner from them and if I find all the stuff too expensive in both I'll check out Homemate. All just off the Mriehel bypass and within walking distance.

If you are not in a hurry and can wait Lidl have very good offers and good quality articles.

Happy shopping
Rick

Ahh yes homemate
We decided to get our shower cubicle from them
Was a good deal and helpful staff
Also on the diy front we found BigMat near the craft village also had some good deals on last week

Well,
I did my shopping today.

I was looking for a microwave/grill combination and various household articles ( shower curtain and rubber shower mat) plus various kitchen utensils.

I bought most of the things at Atrium but went to Homemate too. Foresttals was a disappointment - way to expensive and not a very nice shopping experience.

Homemate is ok but the traffic/parking is for idiots!

Atrium give you lots of parking underground for free so definitly should be a first choice. The microwave/grill that I was looking at had the same price in all 3 stores ! Maybe the EU cartell agency should give that a look ! Just joking !
They have bigger problems than the price of a G... microwave in Malta.

Cheers
Richy

Lidl has a 1.7l stainless steel kettle on offer in stores now €14.99

Check here:

theatrium.com.mt

Try to buy from Oxford House in Mriehel industrial estate in the main road - good products with good prices and long guarantees.  Top choice in Hamrun is good as well.

Another good place to shop is Vitel in San Gwann. Tiny store but he gets most brands and gives good advice. He has a very good reputation among locals.

There is always JB Stores in Fgura, San Gwann, St.Pauls Bay and Hamrun they sell mostly everthing and reasonable and of course on the cheaper side Tallera

Hi Mayn!!!

Moving to a new place can be really tough. I would firstly suggest that you buy the electronic items online, because from my personal experience I have seen that they offer the best deals. However, it is also true that i you want to buy lots of products at the same time then it i perhaps better to buy it from an actual store. One of the best places to get good quality products in this region is Bisazza street. You will find almost anything that you may be looking for. TV, Fridge, heaters, laptops, fansetc. It is best if you could wait for a discount season as then you will be able to get the best prices.

you do realize that you answered to post from 2015?

@mayn

Here are a few popular retailers with brick-and-mortar stores that may have competitive prices:

Walmart

Best Buy

Target

Costco

Amazon Books

It's always a good idea to check their prices online and compare them with local options to ensure the best deal.

I buy everything on Amazon.it or Amazon.de

Hello Emberlynn Taytum and  andreagiummarra,

Thank you for you participation.

Unfortunately this thread is inactive since 2018.

I invite you to browse on the Malta forum and to participate in more active threads.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed