Boredom!

Boredom strikes and difficulties searching for job!

Hahaha, you have not seen the last of strikes. It is even the national sport for some corporations ...

Where are you searching? Are you a student?
Vs

Im searching job at lorraine. Nope, im not a student.

Hi,
Thanks. I presume you do not speak much French and are probably from another (European) country. It may help to learn French first, or to do a training or course that helps, anything from a hospitality training (e.g. restaurant work) to a full degree program at a university or business school. I am in education and know Spanish and some French. If you need info. or help, just ask.
Best,
Vs

Thank you for the info. Actually i have just passed my  language examination in french. Apparently waiting for my driving course but at the same time i am searching job. I was working in dubai for 4 years as asst. General manager in 4 star hotel and was looking forward to have the same field of experience here in france.

Hi,
Probably, you need to move wherever you find a job in a hotel, in France or other parts of Europe. Have you checked Eurex portal: http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/jobs/jvSearch 
I agree though, that the jobs are few and the competition is heavy.  There are many more jobs in Asia, but on lower salaries.
Dubai is nice. I was in Middle East myself, but not for long.
Best,
Vs

Thanks for the website..i will try to check but then its not easy for me to move into another parts here in europe because i am married and our house is near to the company where my husband work. But anyway thank you.

Hi,
Then just perfect your French and see what you can get around there! Should not be a problem once you speak good French, although it may be a job at the level you want. With better French, you can search and network better.
Best,
Vs

Thank you.. i will

Best wishes then!
Vs

Hi Emerald,

The three main factors in sucessfully finding employment anywhere in the world are; 1) educational background; 2) experience related to the job you're applying for; and 3) language / communication skills. These are the three main areas that potential employers will look at first in order to short-list job candidates. In today's economy things are all in favor of the employer, there are many more people looking for jobs than the there are jobs, so only the most qualified are going to be hired. If you aren't able to find something, then you must take a long, hard look at those three areas and do whatever it takes to improve them in order to compete with the hundreds or thousands of applicants for each job vacancy. This is true in ANY field of endeavour, from professions to unskilled jobs so don't underestimate their importance.

Many countries nowadays also have labor regulations that give preference, or even require employers to make every effort to fill job vacancies with citizens, before they can hire an expat to fill the vacancy, so you must know a bit about local labor laws. There is no sense in applying for some jobs (especially unskilled jobs) if there are such requirements in a country, since all unskilled jobs are natuarlly going to be filled by citizens first.

Unfortunately, nowadays far too many people are of the impression that since jobs are so difficult to find at home, that expatriation is the magic bullet. They fail to take into consideration that in today's global economy almost every nation on earth now has a very high rate of unemployment so they may just be jumping from the frying pan into the fire by moving to another country based only on the speculation of finding a job. The old saying is really true... The grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, and that's probably because there's a septic tank beneath it somewhere!

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Emerald,
Fine go ahead then. All the best!
Incidentally, I worked in Sibu Malaysia and airlines were confusing it with Cebu, Philippines.
If you wish to ask anything, always welcome to mail me at [email protected]
Best wishes,
Vs

Hi James,

Your analysis is not bad but a bit too theoretical for my liking. There is something important which no one has mentioned since the beginning of this discussion. It is the recognition of diploma and professional achievements. Because in order to file his candidacy, one must have a diploma recognized by the country in which the person resides. That the profession is regulated or not. This is why I invite our friend Emerald to contact the "CIEP". http://www.ciep.fr/enic-naric-france

Now that's correct and normal that each country emphasizes the use of its nationals before the employment of foreigners. But this demonstrates an archaic mentality. For it is the contrary, including foreign expertise that a company can develop address the current globalization.

Hi emerald,

This is why I advise you during your next interviews to highlight your foreign knowledge forward. This will allow your potential employer to open up other markets and to meet other people.