I look forward to meeting other mothers and making new friends

Hello everyone!  I am a new member and new to South Africa from the US.  My fiancé and our two kids (boy 8 and girl 21 months)are here due to him working for an engineering firm here in Johannesburg.  I've only been here 3 weeks, but my fiancé has family here which makes it a little easier knowing the ins and outs.  I am here to network with others as I will be staying at home with the kids for now.  I look forward to meeting other mothers and making new friends as we transition into our new lives here.

Welcome to joburg  :) I think your kids will love the joburg. .I don't have kids yet but am sure you will meet great moms here. .

Jo'burg is really great. I was there 2 weeks ago and I really enjoyed the place and the people. I am now in Cape Town and I can say South Africans are generally very hospitable and fun to be with.

Enjoy your stay Imyers :D

Hello lmyers,

Welcome on board  :)

A new thread has been started from your post on the Johannesburg forum so that you may better interact with members of this forum.

Good luck,
Bhavna

Thanks candyflow, kenment, and Bhavna!  I am adjusting well and settling into life here, but I must admit that I'm a bit homesick already.

Hi,

I have a great circle of expat friends in Jhb. Please let me know whereabouts you are living as majority of my friends reside in Bryanston and Dainfern.

Hi lady. I'm also looking for friends.  I am from here originally and have 2 kids. Where in jhb are u?