6.000 Foreigners Deported - No Work Permit

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/0 … orted.html

Just wonder in what period of time they all got deported.

Between January and June apparently but as normal the JP does not reveal all in its news. And is it real news or just filling up the inches in their paper?
What the story does not include is how Indonesia identifies the people being deported. Were they illegal fishermen minus their sunken boat or unwanted refugees or all working in plazas across the country?

End of moan (for now)

:D good points

The end of the article, (the breakdown of the deportees by nationality) gives a pretty good insight as to the make up of those deported.

I'm betting that item 8 (others) is largely westerners.

Ubudian wrote:

The end of the article, (the breakdown of the deportees by nationality) gives a pretty good insight as to the make up of those deported.

I'm betting that item 8 (others) is largely westerners.

I'll go one further, suggesting the most likely are Australians working in Bali.
Just a stab in the dark.

Yep....including Australia, Europe and US.

I guess it's only fair to say that since Australians represent the highest percentage of expats in Bali that they also represent the highest percentage of foreigners deported from Bali.   ;)

For some of them, being deported is merely an inconvenience, as once back in OZ they get a new passport and when coming back to Bali enter via another Province, such as Lombok or Java or even via ferry from Singapore. 

That being said, my immigration contacts tell me that if caught, that person will be doing some serious jail time at the immigration lock down in Jimbaran as well as a very heavy fine.

And guess which nationality of the majority of the visa over stayers in Australia is ????????

Don't know, but with a population of only 25 million, you'd think they'd be grateful for anyone overstaying their visa.   :lol:

Educated people know that Australia has long periods of drought and fires, or devastating floods, environmentally Australia is actually overpopulated. Poor farming practices on half the area of the country degraded half of that area to marginal.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Message edited: No political comments here please

Stay topic guys.... :thanks:

Hold on Tom...because I am curious...

"And guess which nationality of the majority of the visa over stayers in Australia is ????????"

OK...which nationality?  My bet is the Chinese.

Lol....to stay off topic, I guess Indonesians

And the winner is...... :D

Mr Bruce wrote:

And guess which nationality of the majority of the visa over stayers in Australia is ????????

Oh, I can't resist.

http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/1/2/e/6/p/z/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.12dxod.png/1419623233903.jpg

Now that's put to bed, perhaps we should stay on topic. :)

I lost..... :dumbom:

happyhour wrote:

I lost..... :dumbom:

Epic fail :D

Ah, so China it is!  I guess that's not so surprising considering that they manage to squeeze in what amounts to the entire population of OZ into one single city in China. 

Back on topic, there has been no recent let up in the aggressive pursuit of illegal workers here in Bali by the police and immigration.