Extended visa for a Syrian friend who married a Polish woman

Hi
Can anyone give me some advice,on behalf of a friend
My syrian friend married polish woman....he has to stay married for 5 years,then reapply for visa to stay in England.......he has been with woman for 4 and half years now.....but they do not live together now,as they do not get along anymore
She has to be with him when he wants to apply for new visa...but she is being very difficult and says she will not go with him to apply.......which means he will have to return to Syria
As they are married...he needs her for new visa
she is soooo horrible,and trying to mess his life up here in England
what can he do?????......he wants to stay here,he wants new visa
he cannot afford solicitors
But seems she has all the power over his future here in England...which seems very wrong to me

HELP

Hello miche65,

Welcome on board  :)

I moved your thread to the England forum since your question concerns Visa for England. Hopefully, you will get some feedbacks.

Cheers,
Bhavna

I would recommend telling him to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau if he can not afford a solicitor.

Also with the conflict that is happening in Syria he might be able to be able to gain permanent residency. The CAB will be able to help with that. The advice is free.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

That says it all really. And sadly it's becoming commonplace. Non-Eu nationals getting 'married' to Eastern Europeans for visa purposes.

Look he can do the usual thing since he needs her for his passport - which is pay her to fake being together until he has obtained his citizenship.

As you can tell, I am sick of this abuse of our system. I hope he gets deported. There, I said it.

Kind regards

XB23 wrote:

That says it all really. And sadly it's becoming commonplace. Non-Eu nationals getting 'married' to Eastern Europeans for visa purposes.

Look he can do the usual thing since he needs her for his passport - which is pay her to fake being together until he has obtained his citizenship.

As you can tell, I am sick of this abuse of our system. I hope he gets deported. There, I said it.

Kind regards

It's obviously a sham marriage......fingers crossed she stands her ground and stays away from the man (?).....I completely agree with XB23. This sort of fraud should be stopped immediately.

CB

Thankyou