New members of the Cyprus forum, introduce yourself here

hi den how are you i too worked in Dubai and planning to move to Cyprus would like to know your details

hi priscilla.i am from sri Lanka and willing to come cyprus. how are you.i like to talk to you

Thanks for the welcome. My husband and I are moving to Paphos in September and are really looking forward to a slower pace of life. I had planned to bring our car with us and would be grateful of anyone who has done that, if they could tell us how easy it was/costs involved at that end etc. Thanks in advance.

Hi mazygoose please ask the question on the main forum and it will keep your answers and comments in one place

welcome to Cyprus  - hope you enjoy it as much as we do

HI

im a 53 year old Indian now settled in Cyprus (Limassol) since the last 4-5 years.
Previously lived in Dubai for 10 years running a trading business.

Have "retired" and now own a new Bistro-Tavern in Limassol (Art BIstro Agora) near Limassol Castle

We love Cyprus, My wife is from Russia living here more that 10 years!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external links and publicity of services not authorised on the forum.

My name is wilma.I'm pilipina with Swedish citizen. I grow up in Philippines. Leave in Sweden for  Seven Years love it there people are nice beautiful country.Move to US Florida for ten year.Now I'm here in Cyprus this my first week now. I really think Im going to like it here.

Hello ;) my name is Artur Iam from Turkmenistan. Iam 34 years old  and  this is my first time . Nowadays I am working in Niscosia at one of companies  and I would like to make more friends  to chat , to make some relations , to have an experience exchange with them thats why I have chosen this site  and also  if here will be any possibility I want to change my job forexample I can work as a Waiter , Burtender and etc and exept my own native I speak Russian English Turkish ,, so if there are any Ideas about this You re  W E L C O M E :cool:

Hello, i'm kwabee from ghana and plan to move to cyprus and do the farm work. Is there any advise.

hi...I want to find job in Cyprus I'm a Filipina recently lived in penang Malaysia..

Hi Gladys,

The thread is for introductions.
For employment, please refer to the JOBS section in the menu bar.

Z

Gladys ocampo wrote:

hi...I want to find job in Cyprus I'm a Filipina recently lived in penang Malaysia..

Hi Kwabee,

Agriculture is a major industry in Cyprus. what sort of specific advice are you looking for?

Z

dobengk97 wrote:

Hello, i'm kwabee from ghana and plan to move to cyprus and do the farm work. Is there any advise.

Hello everyone,
My name is Donna. I was in Nicosia two weeks ago, and I falled in love with it..
If anyone can give me information about the availability of Jobs for Lebanese in Nicosia and possibility of moving there...
Thank you :)

Hi Donna,

Please check the JOBS section for available jobs in your field.

Good luck
Z

Donna_Psy wrote:

Hello everyone,
My name is Donna. I was in Nicosia two weeks ago, and I falled in love with it..
If anyone can give me information about the availability of Jobs for Lebanese in Nicosia and possibility of moving there...

I checked the jobs and post new one about me :)

Great! Glad I could help!

Good luck
Z

Donna_Psy wrote:

I checked the jobs and post new one about me :)

Hi am working here in nicosia Cyprus more then 4 yrs am taking care of bedridden male having illness he have tracheostomy and gastrectomy ang I make him exercise every day I like to aply as caregiver in Malta but I dont know how to do,,,

Hi Jenneth
You can try searching the JOBS section on Malta forum.
Good luck

Z

Jenneth mejorada wrote:

Hi am working here in nicosia Cyprus more then 4 yrs am taking care of bedridden male having illness he have tracheostomy and gastrectomy ang I make him exercise every day I like to aply as caregiver in Malta but I dont know how to do,,,

Thank you every body, can nay one help ? I am new to the Island and finding my feet .....................crash landing
I am looking for a Indian shop which sells Indian stuff like Pickles , spices, indian food like Savoury
Any ideas if there is a HINDU temple in Cyprus ?
Please reply
sam

Finding spices might be hard in Cyprus. There is one Shiv Hindu temple in Cyprus that I have learnt of. You will need to find it. Probably there might be others, you may want to check with the Indian consulate for complete info on temples.

Hope this helps.
Z

malgudi wrote:

Thank you every body, can nay one help ? I am new to the Island and finding my feet .....................crash landing
I am looking for a Indian shop which sells Indian stuff like Pickles , spices, indian food like Savoury
Any ideas if there is a HINDU temple in Cyprus ?
Please reply
sam

Thank you , I could not find the correct location / address of the Shiva temple
I am told its off the LARNACA highway exit 56 towards Ayia Napa
I saw the temple on U-TUBE but exact directions NOT clear
were I can I get GRID reference MAPS ? ANY HELP
temple grid
grid reference 35 5 2 N
Grid reference 33 3 32 Z
SAM

You're welcome. But i guess your best shot might be to check with the consulate. They would be best able to guide you.
Good luck
Z

malgudi wrote:

Thank you , I could not find the correct location / address of the Shiva temple
temple grid
grid reference 35 5 2 N
Grid reference 33 3 32 Z
SAM

Thank you Zeeshan ,
How could not find the correct location / address of the Shiva temple
Shiva temple grid
grid reference 35 5 2 N
grid reference 33 3 32 Z
Please help
SAM

Sam, I think it may be helpful if you simply put the coordinates accurately in Google maps, though google maps app can be tricky in certain regions. You don't need to buy a grid reference map, simply try using the maps app in your cell phone.
Hope this helps
Z

malgudi wrote:

Thank you Zeeshan ,
How could not find the correct location / address of the Shiva temple
Shiva temple grid
grid reference 35 5 2 N
grid reference 33 3 32 Z
Please help
SAM

I am registered nurse  midwife and visiting nurse.I special used in HIV management and am a male circumcision nurse surgeon. I am interested to practice in Cyprus as a nurse.Besides I am a pastor I have an honours degree in theology.Please help me get an opportunity to work in Cyprus.

Hi Levekseremani,

Please post in the JOBS section for available vacancies.

Good luck
Z

levekseremani wrote:

I am registered nurse  midwife and visiting nurse.I special used in HIV management and am a male circumcision nurse surgeon. I am interested to practice in Cyprus as a nurse.Besides I am a pastor I have an honours degree in theology.Please help me get an opportunity to work in Cyprus.

Hi we are looking to move to paphos in April and rent a 2bedroom apartment.I am taking early retirement but would like a part time job I am a Head Groundsman.

Welcome to the forum Elzed,

You may want to check the HOUSING section for accommodation. You can post your resume in JOBS section.

Good luck
Z

Elzed wrote:

Hi we are looking to move to paphos in April and rent a 2bedroom apartment.I am taking early retirement but would like a part time job I am a Head Groundsman.

Hi to everyone,

Been to Larnaca for many holidays in the past and always intended to retire to Cyprus. Redundancy has forced the plans forward about 2 years so we are coming out in December to look at properties and generally scout around as prospective immigrants rather than just holiday makers.
General advice seems to be to rent first which goes against the grain somewhat but I appreciate the many sound reasons for doing so. Our thoughts were to buy something really cheap and basic to use as a base until we were fully settled and ready to upgrade to wherever  and, hopefully, not lose too much in the process? With prices currently, and hopefully, at rock bottom, this seems like a plan?
Most of our Cypriot experience has been in Larnaca so that is where we are looking but open to alternatives as long as it is not in some "ex-pat" community. The main attraction has always been the friendliness of the Cypriot people so we want to live with them. (My wife has been learning Greek and I fully intend to do so once we are over.)
Hope to pick up tips and advice here.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not copy paste posts.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi. My partner and I are looking at relocating early next year to Cyprus, so trying to glean as much info as we can. :-)  All insider knowledge welcomed please! We won't be looking for jobs. :-)

its a beautiful place and we love it here . and so pleased we chose Peyia as our location..... more by sheer luck than good management though

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553864

Thanks! 

Closed