How money is transfered to India

Hi ,
I got an offer from S.I.C.I.E Lda , luanda,Angola.
I need to know how I can transfer money to India and how much time does it take to reach.
Is there any wertern union money transfer or I have to do it through Bank or my employer will do it for me.

Hoping for a immediate response

Regards,

Hi Hungry Tiger, read some of the other comments on this issue and you will find the answer, but in short.

Yes you can send up to an equal amount of your salary per month to another bank outside Angola(rest of the world), but there is a tax of about $300 - $400 per such transaction, just ask at the bank you use before sending what the limit is and the tax amount, it takes between 3 - 5 days with MoneyGram and about 7 days or more with Western Union, most banks in Angola have Western Union and only the bigger banks are starting on MoneyGram. MoneyGram is much faster than WU.

You will need to open a bank account with copies of your passport, Visa included, your employment contract also. Have the originals or certified copies of your employment contract with you and take copies and your original passport with you.

I don't know how it works back in India, but you will probably need to inform your bank back in India also that your salary will be coming in monthly from Angola so that it can be cleared by the Indian Reserve bank. These days all banks wants to know where International Funds are coming from and going to in order to check for Fraud.

The best banks I can suggest is Standard Bank in Tella Tona and the City, but they require $2000 to open an account, the other good option is BFA, they require about $200 to open an account and their service is generally quite good for Angolan Standards.

Hi HT
Most of the bank here in Angola having a Western Union and some are having MoneyGram. It will takes only 10 mins. to recieve your money as soon as the transactions are done.
But this is the bad news for us expats here in Angola.New rules/law that effect last October 2011. They did not allow the expats now to send money through Western Union or in MoneyGram without some local (Angolan) is the one dealing with the transaction. Because  now they only  allowed  to send your money if you have a residence id card (BI). Only Angolans and some foreigner that is Angolan citizen are allowed to do the transactions and send the money outside the country.

This is my problem now..I would like to do a bank transfer but I don't know how to do it and besides that I could not speak Portuguese, the tellers in the bank are not understand and speak english.

Dear Hungry Tiger,

I might be able to help. Please mail me on [email protected]

How can transfer money to india

I would try using Xoom. I've been using it for a couple years now. When you send money to an HDFC bank account or Punjab National Bank it literally gets there in less than a minutes. Plus, no fees if you send over $1,000. I would recommend trying it! :)

Am working here on employment visa I want to transfer my salary to India I try for western union and money gram they want local (bl) I arranged that also but always getting reply from bank counter system not working I fed up here to work now Plz advice me the simple solution transfer my hard earning money how I transfer to India I am holding nw three month salary with me Plz give positive solution atonce.

Hi can you contact me or give me Xoom angola details if u wish asap

Whats the latest news / update about money transfer from Angola to rest of the world is it difficult & costly?

Thanks you feedback

sir can you tell me about bank routing number location or how to find it i am struck here

sir i am living in luanda i want to transfer to india via xoom and in payment options i selected pay with bank account and struck at routing number and in select state option there is nothing like luanda or angola so please tell me about this sir.

Hi
Xoom transfers cannot be done in Angola

Xoom does not recognize Angolan Banks.

Hi Guys,

Have you checked Xoom.com lately? Xoom is now offering best exchange rates ever on top of its instant money deposit service. Xoom's good 24/7 customer service and highly user friendly interface make it stand out from the rest. I have been using Xoom for a while now and haven't faced any issues so far. Most of my transfers reached India in less than 2 mins. I would highly recommend to try it out.

Dear Friends,

Any one can give explanation how to send money from Angola to India using xoom.com

Good evening,

Do you still need to transfer funds from Angola to India?

@Rafi860

This post is old(2015) and inactive. Before posting please take the time to read the dates on the posts. Thanks.

stumpy wrote:

@Rafi860

This post is old(2015) and inactive. Before posting please take the time to read the dates on the posts. Thanks.

Do you have any update on this? Can you share?

Can u pls guide how to use Xoom as when I checked in Xoom website  there is no service in Angola if I know please do advice.and also advice recommend documents from Indian bank to make the fund clear.
Also Xoom services is yet to launch in India ....I don't know how it works please need ur suggestions???

hi prachi how can we transfer money to india from luanda, angola
i got money in dollar plz tell me reply in *** thanks
i am working in diamond factory in luanda

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi sachin how life for indian is there no issue for indian plz tell me is safe there

Life is safe no worries it depends on how you take care.......bit concern is only for money in USD and euro......as this country has no foreign currency and exchange rates are high so u loose always.
If u try to do it by own.