Graphic design jobs in Malta

Hi there,

I live in South Africa and want to relocate to Malta (I am fortunate enough to hold a British Passport), I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to get a Graphic Design job before I go over to Malta. I see the biggest industry for that is iGaming and so web design is also an important skill but the jobs still seem very few and far between from what I have seen. Or perhaps there is another area in the economy where there are more jobs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi KIm,

it will be very difficult to secure any job before you actually arrive in Malta.

As you rightly  suggest a lot of the design jobs have to do with web design , but not only for igaming companies. But the sought after qualifications are usually the technical, programming side of the business. So if you are a very good web page programmer and are good in graphic design too you should be able find work easily.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your response. That confirms my initial thoughts. Perhaps getting to Malta first will be my best bet. I may change my strategy  ;)

Thanks a lot :)

Did see a job offer for a Graphic Designer this morningin the shop window of United Colours of B. in Sliema !

So there are jobs there now and again.

Cheers
Ricky

Oh cool, thanks Ricky!

Sounds positive!

And as an interim solution if I don't find a graphic design job quickly, how is the demand for waiter/waitresses? And what could one earn as a waitress?

Aound 4 € / hour but rarely full-time jobs . Usually part-time only and the employers dictate the hours. And over the winter months there is hardly any work at all.

Cheers
Ricky

Oh ok, doesn't sound like a good option, thanks for your help Ricky :)