Share your opinion

Hi, would you share opinion about which country you recon has a good taste of foods?

Hi rose2482,

Please note that i have moved your thread in our Expat Cafe - open discussions for more visibility and interaction with different countries.

It would be great if you give us a brief introduction about yourself so as to make the thread more friendly :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

rose2482 wrote:

would you share opinion about which country you recon has a good taste of foods?

Well, Rosie, I reckon that Thailand has to be among those at the top of the list.

The squid fried rice I always used to order at my hotel in Chiang Mai was awesome. :)  But that just scratches the surface with Thai food.  Personally, I like them to tone down the hot-spiciness that epitomizes some Northern Thai dishes.

I also reckon that the ribs we had a few months back at the South American XXXXXXXX Clubhouse here in Ecuador's capital were fantastic.  So good that some of us are donating to buy ribs at the supermarket so we can have a repeat of that night, also at the clubhouse, on August 29th.

Hope you and Fred can join us, Rose, if the Indonesia crowd is in town that weekend.

cccmedia in Quito, Ecuador

Singapore tops all countries I have been to in culinary respects, because of the availability of a mind-boggling variety of food styles, nationalities and specialties in superb quality and at great prices.

Chinese food -- not talking the original as I haven't been to China -- as prepared in the northeastern United States and the U.S. West Coast ... is often phenomenal.

Even appetizers such as barbecued spare ribs and noodle dishes such as lo mein with any number of feature ingredients (pork, shrimp, even squid for instance) are tasty delights.  Great for sharing in a group.

On the TV show Seinfeld, set in New York City, Kramer used to order Chinese "with extra MSG." ;)

cccmedia, New York City resident, 1981-1993

All Asian foods is certainly is a  definitely that has a distinctive taste. As a new explorers i've lived in japan,thailand,south korea,and almost crawl all east and southeast asia. For me china foods is still the best i think.
I was born in indonesian,but raised in chinesse culture, and now moved and living in australia with my australian husband and children. Didn't realize thati am learning three cultures and trying to mix three diffrent meals everytime i cooking for my family.
That's the reasons why i asking you guys opinion about diffrent foods from diffrent countries, so i can practice at home,hehe
Btw,thank you for reply my topic

rose2482 wrote:

All Asian foods is certainly is a  definitely that has a distinctive taste....
I am learning three cultures and trying to mix three diffrent meals everytime i cooking for my family.
That's the reasons why i asking you guys opinion about different foods from different countries, so i can practice at home, hehe.

I reckon that Indian food is about the most exotic.

I was reminded of this while eating Indian food for the first time in a while, tonight at Sher E Punjab restaurant here in the capital of Ecuador.

This is another cuisine perfectly suited to ordering multiple dishes and sharing.

The names of the dishes are fascinating too... chicken Masala ... aloo gobhi ... various biryanis ... and baingan bharta.

Rose, I think you'll meet a strong challenge when you attempt to cook for the family all Indian dishes.

I like cheeseburgers and fries any time of the day!

Nawafo wrote:

I like cheeseburgers and fries any time of the day!

The science is in on this, Nawafo.  A wise diner adds veggies to such fare.

Even McDonalds, at least in this city, offers Cole slaw as an optional side dish.

My country, Uganda. We have a variety of foods. We dont have to depend on rice and pasta like a calling

Indonesia has a wide range of foods, something to suit everyone, but my favourite remains Indian food, especially north Indian.

Mariamns wrote:

My country, Uganda. We have a variety of foods. We dont have to depend on rice and pasta like a calling

C'mon, Mariamns, share a taste or two of it with us here.

All we know now is what you don't have ... rice and pasta.

cccmedia in Ecuador

I think, despite me being a fan of Thai food, french cuisine, to some extent, sushi too and currently consuming Turkish cuisine voraciously.. I really have to say nothing beats Pakistani food for me (Yes, I am looking like I am being a promoter here, but wait, wait...)!

Okay.. nothing tops of Biryani!! Its got rice.. and ALL the spice! And you can make it with chicken, beef, vegetables.. even sprinkle it with fruit salad and it will still taste great! And did I say it has spices!!??

Pulao follows.. Not as spicy as Biryani.. but still great with a little less spices.. My mom's specialty!

Lentils! Oh we make them all.. Check out any variety that you like!
Mix them with overnight cooked meat and make Haleem! NEXTTTTTTT!!

Aaloo Gosht translates into potato and meat... Made in stew, eaten with naan (thick yeasted bread)

Mix Vegetables As the name suggest, a mix of veggies, often potatoes, carrots peas, capsicums and you choose

Aaloo Paalak Spinach and potatoes.. Self explanatory

Saag Mustard leaves! Its a specialty in almost every village in Pakistan! Have to try that one!

Nihari ! thick stew of lamb, chicken or beef.. Sprinkled with coriander, cut chillis, onions, ginger pieces, and lemon juice.. Okay.. I need to stop thinking about it.. I am not in Pakistan.. and I cant have it here..

Tikka! mainly our bar-BQ.. Small pieces of beef/chicken/lamb, marinated in spiced yogurt and grilled!

Samosa!! Potato filled patty, mixed with herbs..!!

Karahi made with any meat with onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and capsicum sometimes,.. Super spicy!

Kofta Our version of meatballs, cooked in stew!

I am not even getting started with sweet dishes!

Bon apetit everyone!!
Z

I tried some Syrian snap for the first time,
Not bad at all - I will explore further.

Meet expats all over the world

OR