Indians in istanbul need your help please

Hi.. rachana..

Iam here in turkey for last 2months. Istanbul is a nice place to live.. You will have freedom.. nice people.. Historic places to visit.
But untill now I didn't met any indian guy or families except tourists..
But  don't worry.. there are international schools... and my spanish collegues children are studying. I can get you the details, if u need.

Manoj..

Hi There! I was there in Turkey in Jan and planning to come agani this summer, didnt see alot of indians or Pakistanis there. Hope you meet some indians soon.

Hi Friends,

I am from India and its great to see u here on Expat.com.
I wanna move abroad and work in turkey.Can u help me out and give me details of how to find work over there.
I have a masters in business management and a bachelors in business administration.
Besides i can speak good and fluent english and have good communication and people management skills,
I also want to know if u have your own business out there with which i could help you.I would love to work in istanbul and if u could offer me some work related to your business then it would be of great help.
Looking forward to your support

Thanks & Regards,
Kshitij Pareek

HellobSimar
am leena. Visiting here in Istanbul this week.  How can I contact you.  Am on whatsapp on my Dubai number 00971505529848. Hoping to hear from you.

@ leenasher > Just wanted to inform you that Simar has posted her message back in 2011 and that she is not an active member on the forum. :)

If you have some questions to ask regarding expatriation or if you are looking to make new acquaintances, i will advise you to create a new thread on the Istanbul forum please.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Anju

last year i had been in Turkey and spent there 9 month, it was good experience for me, but in my initial days i faced lots of problem. Turkish food is totally different from Indian foods so please keep some spices so that you can make some foods easily.
for more details you can contact me by mail or telephone
[email protected]
91+8527331072

Hello friends , I am sangita from India . I am having offer for turkey , Antalya . I don't know any one in turkey ..could you please help me to settle there being a good india citizen .. Contact me @ [email protected]

hi, My name is Mahir Rana and i have indian passport. and i am from gujarat india. But rightnow i am in mlawi from last one year i am doing job here as a IT Manager and store manager in IT have not much work. i am able to do work in flexible. ha ha ha
and now i want to go turkey or europe and want to do job there if i will get sponsership other wise able to do work in any professional work with cooperation. and plz help me if you can for job and i am young boy and alone and my mom and dad in india and i am belongs from middle class family... Thank you contact- +265994272702. i am using whatsaap with this num. email- [email protected].

HI.......

I Am from mumbai....... Planing to move at Istanbul........is there is job opportunists for indian ?

how i  can survive there ........ Please wass app me on my personal # 91 + 9773749768.....

Dear Rupesh

I would advice you to find job before coming to istanbul. In that way it would be easier for you to get living permission

As most people here prefer using turkish so its better to learn some turkish words at first,

Most imp prob ppl from abroad face in turkey in finding job is coz of language and work permission

With regards
Rohit

HI All

This is Amaan here. hope you all are doing well,

i have been to istanbul last month for a week. i am an IT Manager in a Dubai based company . i found the city istanbul very nice and calm with good people around and awesome cold atmosphere. i would like to migrate there

needed your advice such as

is i difficult to find a job.
what about residence permit
work permit
how quick with i get a job
how soon can i learn turkish

kindly advice

Thanks
Amaan Shk

AmaanShk wrote:

HI All

This is Amaan here. hope you all are doing well,

i have been to istanbul last month for a week. i am an IT Manager in a Dubai based company . i found the city istanbul very nice and calm with good people around and awesome cold atmosphere. i would like to migrate there

needed your advice such as

is i difficult to find a job.
what about residence permit
work permit
how quick with i get a job
how soon can i learn turkish

kindly advice

Thanks
Amaan Shk

Dear Amaan shk

Turkey is beautiful city with good people and lot of natural beauty
i will reply you on the sequence you have asked
1. yea its difficult to find job companies usually dont hire coz of work permit regulations and its just extra burden on them. but if your qualification is good and you try enough i m sure you can find
2. Resident permit is easy to get. you need turkish tax num, health insurance and enough money in your bank which is approx 500$ per month. authorities are very helpful and fast
3. WOrk permit is provided by company who will hire you and it depends on how fast you find job
4 Getting job is always depend on your qualification and more then that your luck . personal contacts work very good here
5 how soon you can learn turkish depends on how smart you are .Its not hard not easy language easy to read as word is in latin and many words common with urdu and hindi

Regards
ROhit

Thanks Rohit

for your kind reply

so residence permit i can get if i show 500 USD in my account . how long will be the period of residence permit like if its for a year do i know to show 500USD X 12 . or how it work

i have seen jobs available in kariyer.net . i am just worried about the language.

what if i start a small coffe shop or some other means of business for current maintaining the situation of my daily needs

i would like to stay in istanbul near basaksehir i have been there and the place and apartmnet are quiet nice.

i am only worried about language . i have applied on kariyer .net but they ask for some TC number same on akur also

yeah you are right if you need 12 month permission then it would be 12* 500$ . and also from government banks.
you just have to show reciept that you have that much money exchanged from then so there is always way to do even if you dnt have

language is prob coz ppl speak turkish mostly here and its very hard to communicatein markets or locally in english with them.
if you able to find job before shifting it would be best

Regarding opening small cafe its nice business and with good margin but again you need local language in this n enough resource to survive that business

Regards
ROhit

thanks Rohit

and what about you said goverment bank. like if i bring the cash inshallah i will be having that amount with me as i have saved some . but cannot carry that amount it will be in my bank here so do i need to transfer will i be able to open an account in trukish bank if i come on a tourist visa.

how much time did you took to learn turkish ..i am just worried about language and as i asked you earlier what is the package if i do any odd jobs like will a basic english knowing person can get a pacakge of 5000 LIRA a month or its lesser than that.

inshallah i hipe i will get some job as i am seeing a lots of oppurtunity in website but the require the TC number .

AmaanShk wrote:

Thanks Rohit

for your kind reply

so residence permit i can get if i show 500 USD in my account . how long will be the period of residence permit like if its for a year do i know to show 500USD X 12 . or how it work

i have seen jobs available in kariyer.net . i am just worried about the language.

what if i start a small coffe shop or some other means of business for current maintaining the situation of my daily needs

i would like to stay in istanbul near basaksehir i have been there and the place and apartmnet are quiet nice.

i am only worried about language . i have applied on kariyer .net but they ask for some TC number same on akur also

BY tc num i think you mean turkish citizen num or identity num
there is num in resident permit which will work as that num which you will get after completing all govt formalities

AmaanShk wrote:

thanks Rohit

and what about you said goverment bank. like if i bring the cash inshallah i will be having that amount with me as i have saved some . but cannot carry that amount it will be in my bank here so do i need to transfer will i be able to open an account in trukish bank if i come on a tourist visa.

how much time did you took to learn turkish ..i am just worried about language and as i asked you earlier what is the package if i do any odd jobs like will a basic english knowing person can get a pacakge of 5000 LIRA a month or its lesser than that.

inshallah i hipe i will get some job as i am seeing a lots of oppurtunity in website but the require the TC number .

IF you do any odd job you can maximum get 1000-1500 lira per month. you can carry get amount or from your bank you can transfer and open a account here.Best is carry a card go to bank and ask them to deposit the amount and give you exchange reciept

Pls tell me how can i watch 20 30 indian channels from istanbul as u said.

Hi

To all my fellow indians in istanbul. I am looking at a potential move to Istanbul with my family (including my wife and daughter) and just wanted to get a sense of what's it like for indian's to live in istanbul, are there many indians around? what is the average cost of living, medical facilities, schools for children my daughter is 16 months and would need to go to a play school, is language an issue? do we get Hindi TV channels in Istanbul, are there many indian restaurants, is it a safe place for women specially Hindu since my job involves travelling?

Any advise would be realy really helpful

looking forward to hearing back

thanks and regards

Hello
I am planning to live in turkey  . Is there any indian families .
Can I get information about schools , residence . Is there any indian group . They celebrate any festivals there or not .
If there are some Indians then we and our children will get a good company .if you have any information please assist me.
Thanks

Hi
I am also planing to move to Istanbul in June,
I am also looking for Indians. when you are moving to Istanbul?

Hello
I am also moving to Istanbul . You are living here . Where r u living ? Give me your mail address or no I will join u on mail .
See u soon
Bye

Yes we have few hundreds Indians living in Istanbul & we do celebrate holi & Diwali here. In fact community is well connected here. After getting your residence permit, do write me a message. We will put you in community mailing list. If any one of you coming from Dubai side try to bring Jadoo tv receiver. There you can watch all indian & world channels.

Helo guyss I am from India my name Sanjok basnett I work in India in hydro power in security guard last 5yrs and I am looking foreign job can u help me

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

Can I get job in Turkey

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No publicity on the forum please. Please refer to our Housing section found on the overhead green banner.
selinerenoglu wrote:

***Moderated

Please post your advertisement in the dedicated housing section in the green banner at the top of this page.
Thank you.

I am planning to move to Istanbul.

Pl let me know what groceries are available there like Toor Dal, Udud dahll, and other indian cooking needs

Any Indian TV channels though satelite or other TV

what is Jadoo TV reciever. Can I get it in Istanbul or in India

You may find lentils & vegetables, but you will be hard pressed to find South Asian spices. There are big bazaars in Istanbul for spices, but getting specific spices is a chore.

devangopalan wrote:

I am planning to move to Istanbul.

Pl let me know what groceries are available there like Toor Dal, Udud dahll, and other indian cooking needs

Any Indian TV channels though satelite or other TV

hi planning to shift with family to Istanbul husband is a fashion designer in kuwait Fr a big company wrk expiirence in designing in kuwait Fr 14 years and befr that bombay have two kids one son  8 and one daughter  2 wanted to know how is it there approx how much salary can a designer get there and expense of school and rent and food if u could please find out and let me know it would be a great help

The salary scale for a designer depends on their prior experience and demand in the market. i am not sure if anyone will be able to give you an idea about how much he could earn.

For general expenses, please follow this thread 

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439096

Good luck

Umali wrote:

hi planning to shift with family to Istanbul husband is a fashion designer in kuwait Fr a big company wrk expiirence in designing in kuwait Fr 14 years and befr that bombay have two kids one son  8 and one daughter  2 wanted to know how is it there approx how much salary can a designer get there and expense of school and rent and food if u could please find out and let me know it would be a great help

Thank you so much for your replie

Hi rachna this is um ali  frm kuwait since u have 2 kids school going u must be having idea Fr their monthly school expenses pls let me know

Check if u have freind circle or someone know in that field Fr help it wil be great help

It is funny that I was having the exact same conversation yesterday regarding the education in Turkey.

Private education, where your kids would be able to study in English, a friend of mine has a 12 year old kid and his school (only) expenses are around 55,000 TL /year or around 4,600 TL/month. That of course is a high end school.
Another friend has a 7 year old kid who is paying around 25,000 TL/year or around 2,100 TL/month. That is a regular level school.

Govt schools are free, but the education is mainly in Turkish. This actually holds for almost all the places. 

Hopefully Rachana can also give an idea about her expenses in Turkish schools, which will be helpful.

Hope this helps.
Good luck

Umali wrote:

Hi rachna this is um ali  frm kuwait since u have 2 kids school going u must be having idea Fr their monthly school expenses pls let me know

Thank u Fr ur suggestion

Rachna pls can u also let me know about ur children school expense it wil be help

No problem.

Umali wrote:

Thank u Fr ur suggestion

Hello Friends,

I feel I am the only indian in Bursa,Turkey.I am here in April 2015, I am looking for friends so I can spend some hard time with him. Please reply if any one heard me

Regards
Manpreet