Can someone please help us?

My.partner is.from the Ukraine so.we are trying to.find a country we can both live un without all the visa hassles.and Cambodia seems great been years since I was in the fareast 65 to be exact. 
   We just want a quite life together , can anyone help us Please

Robin
I have a pension and was a photographer.

Hi Robin,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Cambodia forum for more visibility and interaction with the other members.

How can we help you please?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Cambodia is by far this easiest for visa

Thanks priscilla
I was beginning to think that I would never get any replys, can we live there easily and no visas worries
Thanks robin

Robin 667 wrote:

Thanks priscilla
I was beginning to think that I would never get any replys, can we live there easily and no visas worries
Thanks robin

For information read through the posts in the categories section right hand side of this page.
Visa wise it is a breeze in comparison to many other places.

Hello,

You would each have to get a year long business visa and have it renewed every year to stay in the country, unless you plan to invest many thousands of dollars in the country.  Contact the Cambodian Embassy in Phnom Penh to research becoming a Cambodian resident.  From what I understand from my research, they may consider a permanent residence under certain circumstances....which usually means paying money.  The country also does not allow foreigners to own land out right unless you have some sort of corporation formed.  It's best to google search a Cambodian Real Estate Lawyer to get more information on foreign property ownership.

On land ownership, there might have been changes. Only a few days ago, I met a new afrival who said that his friend, also a foreigner, did manage to buy in his own name.

Viqiong wrote:

On land ownership, there might have been changes. Only a few days ago, I met a new afrival who said that his friend, also a foreigner, did manage to buy in his own name.

There have been no changes to the law on land ownership. Foreigners can own property above ground level, but cannot legally own 100% of any property at ground level, which means foreigners cannot own land. There are several ways around this, but a foreigner, unless they have gained citizenship, will never own more than 49%.

Please apply upon arrival at the airport for a one month business visa which is US35 n then to extend through a travel agent a week before the one month expires.

If you don't apply for a business visa upon arrival, you will be required to fly out n then in again if you want a business visa.

That is the procedure. US35.00 upon arrival.

Robin 667 wrote:

My.partner is.from the Ukraine so.we are trying to.find a country we can both live un without all the visa hassles.and Cambodia seems great been years since I was in the fareast 65 to be exact. 
   We just want a quite life together , can anyone help us Please

Robin
I have a pension and was a photographer.

Hi Robin.
Im are in the same situation. Im also moving from Europe with my partner, becourse she cant get a visa. We opted for Cambodia becourse we could buy a legal longterm visa (12 month).

I hope you and your lady find what youre looking for.

Best of luck

/Henry

Many Ukrainian's live and work in Cambodia.  They are not all based in Sihanoukville living as booze hounds. Many actually live in Phnom Penh and run their own businesses. You just buy a business visa at the airport, and then have it extended from any travel agent. For bank accounts, you can open one at ABA Bank easily, and you will find that a lot of Khmer professionals studied in the former USSR.

i just moved to s'ville 5 mos ago and couldn't have made a better choice. 8 of the picturesque beaches with fantastic sunsets. i didn't want to go to the border each 30 days so i bought a business visa ($300+) good for whole year and lets you open any business w/out restrictions.i found a brand new apt (songva kong) 3 rm ,2 ba,cable flat scr/wifi,2 balconies,2 brn gas cook top($16 one time for propane) tall ref/fzr,dbl sink,pets ok(2 cats 4 me) and the "best"mattress i've ever slept on for 75 yrs+. i haven't found anything to compare that isn't $350-400 mo.. many expats to assist you. banking leaves a lot to be desired. some banks won't ever talk to you about opening acct. don't even think about paper checks. no good here. hope this helps you!
dave

Business Visa, work permit, owning a business or land has been discussed many times over and over. Please don't be miss guided. A 6 or 12 months multi entry visa will not allow you to work, buy a business or own land, the best you can do, is lease land if you have the proper documents on hand. Work permits are becoming more and more essential to have "if you intend to work". The sooner you use the correct way the lesser problems you will have later. Best Regards
Mike

Hello everyone,

@Dave > thank you for sharing these information but you should not write in caps on the forum. Cheers ;)