Rent a flat or a house in Ras al Khaimah

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Ras al Khaimah. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Ras al Khaimah.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Ras al Khaimah?

How to find a home in Ras al Khaimah: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hello Christine :)

It's very easy to find a home in Ras Al Khaimah... There are many real estate agencies available (most of them have websites which can be found with the help of Google, i.e. Accommodation for rent in Ras Al Khaimah. There is also a very well known website Dubizzle for properties, classifieds, jobs; etc.

Regarding the rental for house or appartments, prices vary a lot.

All depends, if you want to live in the new developments on the outskirts of Ras Al Khaimah or in a compound or in town.

For example, I live on a new development (Al Hamra Village. My townhouse comprises 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, semi-equipped kitchen, living and dining + tv-room, a garage, back garden and a paved courtyard in the front, central airconditioning. The rental for this is 75000 Dirchams per year (which is a little over 14000 Euros).

Regarding the documentation needed, I will enquire and come back.

Hope this helps
Arlette
One must know that most of the time the rental is payable a year in advance by certified cheque! I don't know exactly regarding safe deposit. Usually, the rental and commodities are being paid by the employer in UAE.

:one Arlette

Armand

Hi Every1,
Thanks for this forum. I'm currently in Abu Dhabi, and will be moving to RAK this month(Sept). I have a few questions;

1. I am considering going for a 1-bedroom apartment in Al Hamra. Are electricity and water bills included in the rent? (this is a practice in parts of Abu Dhabi).

2. If not, how much (approx) will I be paying on water and electricity? (I just need an average).

3. I hear that most of the properties in RAK are run on large generators. How relaible is the electricity at Al Hamra and other areas?

4. Which property agents will you recommend I use?

Counting on your response.

Quame

Hi! Arlette

Your information is greatly appreciated. I'm currently in Dubai  and will be moving in  RAK soon.

Are you still in RAK? any Idea about the area called " Umm Al Erje" ? I mean area atmosphere and lifestyle of the people?

Thanks,

Senoli

[Moderated: No free ad pls]

Ras Al Khaimah (otherwise known as RAK) besides being an Emirate of UAE also has RAK city which is a large sprawling city. Al Hamra is about 20minutes drive from RAK city. It's important when looking for accommodation to decide which area you want to live i.e: close to schools, work or community living.

As mentioned there are a variety of places to search for accommodation including www.gnads4u.com (Gulf News ads)looking on there will give an idea of the rental costs which vary greatly.     

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation? This also varies depending if you are using an owner/landlord or an agent. I was only required to produce a copy of my residency.
All rentals will require a security deposit which is usually a % of the rental of approximately 10%. You are required to pay 1 year rental in advance, this can be with post dated cheques, again depending on the landlord anything from 1 to 12 cheques (I paid by 4 cheques) If your employer is not providing your accommodation I would advise negotiating payment by several cheques. If you are renting with an agent you will also be required to pay an agents commission, generally 5% of the annual rent upon getting your keys to the property.

Finally, the rental cost advertised are usually per annum, which is also negotiable.

Hope this helps.

thanks for this additional information Sushifee.
May I add that it is advisable to go through a reputed real estate agent - even though he will get a commission - as he is the intermediary between you and the landlord (it is not always easy to communicate with them if they are local or even he might live abroad).
Make sure that you get a legal rental contract and not one made up by the landlord else it will be difficult to defend your rights in case of disagreement.
It is to be noted and foremost recommended as a future expat to negotiate your employment contract correctly : i.e. including accommodation and utilities fully paid by the employer which means it's your employer who is going to sign the rental contract and the cheques for the rental. In that case, the employer will provide his trade license and a copy of your passport and resident visa upon signing the contract.
In Al Hamra Village the rentals for a 1-br apartment will go for about 35000 AED unfurnished and about 45000 AED furnished and a 3-br townhouse will go for 65000 AED unfurnished (don't know about furnished ones available) or 75000 AED with maidsroom on top of the house. Just to give you an idea of prices.

You can of course rent out of communities but it's rare to find nice houses and not many nice appartement buildings in town either.

Hope this additional information will be of help for everybody here.

Arlette

Outside of the Al Hamra community (20-25minutes drive from RAK city)  the rental costs are much cheaper. In the last few days I have viewed villas with their own private walled gardens and 3 bedrooms. The rental costs vary from 35,000 to 65,000 (newly built)dirhams. The main consideration is the average electricity and water charge is approx 200 dhs per month, whereas Al Hamra not being on the RAK grid average monthly charge for the same is approximately 1,200dhs a month.

Hiya There,
My name is Bahar Murphy. I used to live in Rak al hamra village. I have a 2 bedroom sea face flat in Royal breeze apartment. I have been trying to sell it last 2 years. But I hadnt have a luck. I am also trying to rent but so many agents let me down. Do you know anybody can help me about this subject. I remember there was a british mother and daughter was furnishing the houses or flat for holiday rental. I dont know what is the best way to sort it out this flat. Could you or any one can help me about this matter please? I need to sort it out this flat. Thank you for your help and looking forward to hear from you ..
Kind regards
Bahar Murphy

hi,

If you still looing to sell your apartment am looking for one, please share images and price

Thanks