23000 Rubles Scholarship is enough to live in Moscow???

I am Owais from Karachi, Pakistan. I have got a scholarship to study in a university in Moscow. My scholarships benefits include free tuition and 23000 Rubles per month stipend. I wish to come with my wife in Russia.

I would like to know that is 23000 Rubles is enough to cover living expenses in Moscow? Or how much average money I should have to cover all living expenses in Russia while living with my wife.

Regards

Hi that is not enough for both of you...

23000 Rubles is only a bedroom rent, it is not enough to rent even an apartment.
If you have a place to live for free in Moscow, this sum is enough for 1 person. You won't be hungry, but you'll have to cook yourself. Your fee is also not included restaurants or housemaid luxury. And obviously it is not enough for a wife.

owais.truefriend wrote:

I am Owais from Karachi, Pakistan. I have got a scholarship to study in a university in Moscow. My scholarships benefits include free tuition and 23000 Rubles per month stipend. I wish to come with my wife in Russia.

I would like to know that is 23000 Rubles is enough to cover living expenses in Moscow? Or how much average money I should have to cover all living expenses in Russia while living with my wife.

Regards

I suggest you read through the posts in the forum categories list fr information and also try www.numbeo.com for cost of living

Hi,
23 000 rub is quite a tiny sum for 2 persons in Moscow.
In case you have to rent accommodation it'll. be possible only if you share it with another couple or two (that's what some people coming from other places do: they share rent if one flat between 4-8 people). But even then you'll be very tide up with your budget. It's not going to be an easy life(

If you're talking about food and accommodation 23000 Rubles is not enough. Are you being provided with dormitory accommodation ? If yes, then 23K will be fine to survive for 2.