Get a visa in Russia, Argentinian citizen

Dears,
I am facing issues to be able to stay in Russia for more than 3 months which is the tourist visa.
I am married here in Russia so how can be so difficult to get a residence?
My wife called emigration offices, and so many other places and the requisites are absurd !!

is there some one knows in detail how to get a residence or a visa to be able to stay in Russia at least 1 year straight and avoid leaving the country after 3 months.....

thanks
Daniel

dflores wrote:

Dears,
I am facing issues to be able to stay in Russia for more than 3 months which is the tourist visa.
I am married here in Russia so how can be so difficult to get a residence?
My wife called emigration offices, and so many other places and the requisites are absurd !!

is there some one knows in detail how to get a residence or a visa to be able to stay in Russia at least 1 year straight and avoid leaving the country after 3 months.....

thanks
Daniel

Hi Daniel, would you like to meet up and discuss ?

(Moderated: for security reasons, do not post your phone number on the forum)

Hi I have the same problem. I have a baby here in Russia and I have to go out of the country every three months. Why wont you try getting a working visa? Do you speak Russian very  well?

and you also have to be out of Russia for 3 months and then come in again?

I dont speak Russian well, I am studying.........but If I have to go out of Russia in May It will complicate everything.....
I am trying with different contacts to get any visa which allow me to be here at least 1 straight year......but still trying....

cheers, and good luck to you, if you know some good contact, please share it :-)

Daniel.

Is it correct that I understood it as you go to other  country and wait there for three months before you can come back to Russia???
Because in my case I only stay in other country for a few days...

yes, In the emigration offices a girl told my wife that I will have to leave Russia and stay out for 3 months,,,, only then I can come back to Moscow......

Are you sure that you being Phillipino citizen can stay just a few days out of Russia.?
I was told that Russia is applying new rules for foreigners this year....

regards
Daniel

You need to study Russian so you can get residence..and the history and law..did you know about it? I wanna cry because of this coz it makes me think that it's impossible to stay with my baby here forever.  It s impossible to know all these coz even local people knows a little about these. That's crazy..

Yes I am sure.. just last month I did the same thing.. 3 months??It's too long!! Where do you stay? I go to Armenia and get a visa there and wait for only two days.

there are some companies that help with those papers.....you must pay around 300-400 usd and you get the certificate that you speak Russian :-), it's not big deal.

I am doing all of this process now. I am married to a Russian woman here, so I guess I have privileges to get a 1 year visa, and then with more time living in Moscow to apply for the residence.

also Argentina has good diplomatic relationships with Russia, so I want to be positive and continue trying.

is your baby Russian? are you married to a Russian man ?

cheers
Daniel.

so, you have a visa already?
that's why you go to Armenia and come to Russia after two days??????

or you go to Armenia to DO the visa for Russia?

it is my personal email: [email protected]........

Yes they are Russian..so where do you stay when you are not in Russia? It s very good because you are Argentinian.. it will be smoother for you than me. Maybe you can try going back to Russia just as soon as you get visa.. coz I am Filipino  but I never had problems with that.

Hello there!!!

Russia offers currently 2 types of residence permits. A temporary and a permanent.
To get them you need a lot of paperwork, stand in long queues and in any case money helps :D.
You also need to go through several medical exams. The whole process took me almost two months (I do not speak russian and i had to move around with my wife back then). If you follow this path get ready to face cruelty, racism, insensitivity etc. It is a difficult process but it worked out for me (I did 99% of it legally).
This permit lasts for 3 years. During this 3 years you have a one time chance to apply for a permanent residence permit which lasts 5 years (temporary residence permit can be acquired ONCE while permament is renewable).
According to the part of the law I read married people can go straight to a permanent residence permit after a 2-3 years marriage. Noone admitted it officially though.

Recently they had the awesome idea to include language tests. I do not kow if this is final. They used to have these tests for getting citizenship but now there are rumors that it will apply to all level of clearance. To make things worse they added history and law to the subjects to be tested!

All in all, if you are married to a russian woman there will definitely be a way to get a residence permit (I first faced this problem when she was about to give birth and i had to move back and forth like stupid). I suggest you ask for advice from a lawyer! Even if you go through hell (you most probably will) eventually love will prevail!

So good luck to you and stay strong!!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services and external links not allowed on the forum