How is Basra in Iraq for expats?pls advise

Hi I got job in oil&gas in Basra Iraq  on/off job .Iam indian wan to know conditions there?safe to work there?Pls give your valuble advise and precations  my  email [email protected]

Hello raguba.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be advised by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

its safe in Basra but still depends where you will live. I mean which part of Basra ?

Thanks for your reply ,It is power plant supervisor position in Basra like that mentioned.Exact location  i dont know.Iam confusion about security  .Pls tell your openion honesetely.

Basra is cool regarding security issues, nothing much to do.
If you will be based at the oil company compounds in Zubair or Rumaila , most probably you will be allowed to leave the camp only to go back to the airport accompanied by PSD, same who will pick you up. Otherwise, the golden rule for all over Iraq is to keep a low profile, always have on you a color photocopy of your the first page of your passport and your visa. Have a lovely stay.

Thanks for your reply

jackman11 wrote:

Basra is cool regarding security issues, nothing much to do.
If you will be based at the oil company compounds in Zubair or Rumaila , most probably you will be allowed to leave the camp only to go back to the airport accompanied by PSD, same who will pick you up. Otherwise, the golden rule for all over Iraq is to keep a low profile, always have on you a color photocopy of your the first page of your passport and your visa. Have a lovely stay.

Hi Jackmann11,

why you mentioned that people working and leaving in Zubair or Rumaila area are only allowed to go out on the time that they will be going on leave, is the area too far from the city? or is it really and isolated place??

thanks

Its safe and no issues there with expats.

Rafid80 wrote:

its safe in Basra but still depends where you will live. I mean which part of Basra ?

Which parts are safe, and which are not?

Hello PoppyP -> This thread is a bit old. Do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Iraq forum with your questions. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

raguba wrote:

Hi I got job in oil&gas in Basra Iraq  on/off job .Iam indian wan to know conditions there?safe to work there?Pls give your valuble advise and precations  my  email [email protected]

Yes raghu I have also get the same opportunity, even I have same concern as like you [email protected] thats my mail ID if you or either my self get any information will share eachother

Ok ill help you

dhia saad wrote:

Ok ill help you

.... and ?

its safe

I got an oppurtunity in Iraqi Elite Comany in Basra?? How safe is to move in Basra?? I sthere any terrorist activities til now?? How good is the company?? Did anybody heard about this Iraqi Elite Company??

dear friend its very save never mined if you wanna can call me  here  **********
welcome

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact info on the forum for security measures.

Hello sidcool87,

Please feel free to start a new topic with your question on our Iraq forum since this one has been inactive since 2013, hence the chance to get a response is dim.

Thank you,
Gavin.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external links not allowed on the forum.

I am researching for a project and want to find information about living conditions of rich expats living in Basra. I have the following questions:

1. Living conditions of rich expats mostly who work in the oil industry.
  2. Do they bring families? If yes, where do they live? What kind of gated societies? If possible provide names.
  3. Do they have household helps in their homes? If yes, who are they mostly? Are they local people or refugees from Syria or Afghanistan, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Basra is like any other city.

@nabina18sept

Gated societies?

Refugees from Afghanistan?

Even your questions are misinformed!! Good luck, you're going to need it.

Hi,

Could you please tell then where they live?

Also, from where are their household helps?