License for Street Vendors

Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on getting licenses and permits for food vendors? I have been looking online with no luck. Thank you!

Hi - check with Jackie Paddock, on this serve too.  she has done the research for becoming a vendor here in Rincon.  She works with a woman who does all the "running around" and navigating agencies for you.  I don't know anything more than that.

good luck,

Liz

You need to apply for a municipality patent, pay municipal license fees, set up taxes collection with tax office (hacienda), and get the health inspection permits.

My suggestion will be to start with the municipality stuff, they should be able to guide you thru the steps.

The woman who you can hire to do the running around for you is Mim from Mim's Express Service Mim

Good luck!

HI Everyone,

I had the same question as well, I just sent an email to Mim's Express Service and I am waiting to hear back, Thanks for all the help!!

Rachel

Keep us posted Rachel!

Hi All,

I have heard back from Mim via email and will be talking with her tomorrow at 6pm. I will fill you in on all that I find out;-) if any of you have any specific questions you want me to ask, just let me know!

Rachel

When you say food vendor, that could mean you cook it at home and peddle it out and about or you cook it while out and about. Which are you planing on doing?
Just Curious.

Hot dog stand? Potatoes stand? Alcapurrias stand? Taco stand?.........Um! I am getting hungry already!  :D

Hi Everyone,

My plan is to cook at the Rincon Farmers Market. I will be doing Tortilla Espanol a very good breakfast food! Probably some kind of baked good as well;) I'm in the process of getting all the paperwork started and buying supplies. I will also be selling my photography at the ArtWalk in Rincon soon;) hope to see you all there! I will update with more info as I go along!! Thanks for all the info and support😊

Keep us inform, it will be a nice opportunity for a get together and experience your culinary arts.... :D

I absolutely will!! I am going down to the municipal building this week;) I can't wait to get up and running and have you all for "Breakfast"  :D

Rachel

chase1221 wrote:

I absolutely will!! I am going down to the municipal building this week;) I can't wait to get up and running and have you all for "Breakfast"  :D

Rachel

Carefully, we may give you a paranda during the holidays, we like free food and free rum

Yes you have to start at the city municipality...then fire department in the city, they inspect, and the class doesn't have to be done before license is issued, but you do have to submit 4-5 pictures where you want to sell. Whole process takes 2 months. We just opened in Fajardo on the way to the ferry....Greek Street Kitchen #greekstreekitchen...stop by and see us! Hope this was helpful!

ReyP wrote:
chase1221 wrote:

Rachel

Carefully, we may give you a paranda during the holidays, we like free food and free rum

Heck! I will even bring the Rum, have you tasted the ron Pitorro? The legal one Rey..... :Dhttps://www.facebook.com/pitorrolega

I will be at the farmers market this Sunday selling Tortilla Espanola and my photography;-)stop down and say hi!!

Rachel

chase1221 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My plan is to cook at the Rincon Farmers Market. I will be doing Tortilla Espanol a very good breakfast food! Probably some kind of baked good as well;) I'm in the process of getting all the paperwork started and buying supplies. I will also be selling my photography at the ArtWalk in Rincon soon;) hope to see you all there! I will update with more info as I go along!! Thanks for all the info and support😊

Since you like cooking, you may want to learn how to make "Pan Sobao" also know as "Pan De Manteca" http://www.ricanrecipes.com/recipes/det … &id=17
and "Pan De Agua" http://www.ricanrecipes.com/recipes/det … &id=16

The site has a lot of recipes that are traditional http://www.ricanrecipes.com You can always add your own unique twist to them once you are familiar with them.
Enjoy!

Wow Angel in Rincon a native and it's been more then 3 months he has been waiting. and he is only selling slushies

Municipality, it all has to be done in person. You'll need a translator, most don't speak English. Unless you are local, good luck. The bureaucracy here is a nightmare. Websites don't exist, there was one for San Juan on the regs that allow this (in English, even), but that was done away with by Yulin. Not sure if it was replaced. You don't specify a municipality so impossible to answer.

@greekarican09

Hi where it I will stop buy
Hi fujarka00,

Welcome to expat.com!

You are commenting on a thread that has been inactive since October 2015. It is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

If you want to discuss a specific topic, please do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Puerto Rico forum.

Vero
Expat.com team
@greekarican09
How's the stand doing? Were looking to set one up in Mayaguez. I'd love to collaborate with you and ask a few questions if you have the time. I'd greatly appreciate it. Hope you stay busy!
@nflhawks
sea...

We're in Cabo Rojo 3 years since leaving puget sound. let me know if you get set up we would love to check out your stand.
are you fluent in spanish?  we're still struggling but learning....

@Tori Mac also transplant from Seattle area. I have to learn Spanish but I am planning on opening my own business soon. I live in Arecibo