Boat registration

So I got all of the tax stuff sorted out at the Hacienda.  But now where do I go to actually register the boat for PR with PR hull numbers?

To register your boat, you must visit a local DRNA facility.  First, you will have to pay the fees based on the lenght of the boat and obtain a "stamp" at a government collection office.  Then, take the stamp, along with your boat information (coast guard registration, if applicable, proof of ownerships, etc) to the DRNA office and they will provide an ID card for your wallet and a sticker that should be installed on your boat.

Here is the link: http://www.drna.gobierno.pr/
The phone number is: 1-787-999-2200

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you!  I have the stamp from the hacienda completed. So I guess I just need to pay the fee for the decal and card

Coastie, can you post information regarding the process to bring the boat over. What eas the cost of shipping? How much or how Hacienda calculated your taxes? I am trying to decide if it will be worthy for me to purchase a boat here and send it over. Any information will be appreciated.

So my boat was shipped as part of my household goods move for military transfer so not sure of realistic shipping cost. I believe Crowley is the best option from what I have heard

On taxes not sure of the new boat. Mine I bought in 2012.  I waited for the boat to arrive and be assessed then the moving company gave me the proper paperwork which you then take to the hacienda at mercantil plaza.  They will determine value and tell you what is owed. I had paperwork showing original purchase price in 2012. They based value off of low retail NADA.  My taxes were 7% on the boat and trailer I believe.   You then take paperwork from that office to one of the hacienda collection centers. I went to old San Juan and was in and out in about 15 min. You take that receipt back to the mercantil plaza location and they will give you release paperwork to take delivery of the boat.

On a new boat, if you show them the purchase invoice then I would imagine it would be based on that price.  However, I cant say for sure!

Once the fee is paid, take the receipt to the DRNA office and they will issue the card and sticker based on your receipt for paying the fees.

Adlin,

I had a boat brought to PR that I purchased in Florida last year.  The maximum tax at that time was $10,000 to bring it in.  There is a formula used ot calculate the taxes, but after a certain sales price, it simply maxes out at $10K.  This will have to be paid before you can register the boat with DRNA.

just for a ballpark idea, my 2013 Parker 21se with trailer was a little over 2100 in taxes

Thank you guys!!

I am looking at boat prices in the island and for what they want for a 10+ year old boat I can buy a newer boat and have it shipped to PR. I appreciate all the information..... :)

What area of PR are you in?  What type boat are you thinking of?

Can anyone tell me where to go register the boat with DRNA as far as a physical location

The location is Ceiba on the former naval base works for me.

Ah thank you!  Do you know if there is one near Dorado anywhere